Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 42

@ Lords - Welcome back, glad they unbanned everything.

@ Steveo - These guys are all on point, but I'll only add that my opinion (15 years in IT, CCNA, MCSE etc) and 5 years of using ISBoxer as well as heavily debating this issue for months.

Once again my opinion, CCP is being extremely dodgy and not answering direct questions on what is and is not allowed. If you play dont use Input Duplication, dont use complex macros like in AHK and try to play around the same speed as an advanced normal player you are probably fine (as best I know it).

There is a statement from CCP during the fanfest round table that if your 20% better (by what metrics we dont know) then a "normal" player they are at least looking into you.

Round-Robin - Some people think that its not allowed, I think "fast round-robin" will be detected as input duplication.
    Key remapping - Its my opinion its ok
    Video FX - In client probably not ok, in a dxnothing probably ok
    Rollover Buttons - In dxnothing I THINK its ok, but that depends on their answers on VFX and Key remapping (IMO).

they wont directly answer the question and in MY OPINION they caused more questions then they answered at Fanfest.

Mutli-box at your own risk, dont use Input Duplication, dont use more advanced ISBoxer features without realizing they might place you into the "unfair" category, use VFX in a DXnothing window.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    @ Lords - Welcome back, glad they unbanned everything.

@ Steveo - These guys are all on point, but I'll only add that my opinion (15 years in IT, CCNA, MCSE etc) and 5 years of using ISBoxer as well as heavily debating this issue for months.

Once again my opinion, CCP is being extremely dodgy and not answering direct questions on what is and is not allowed. If you play dont use Input Duplication, dont use complex macros like in AHK and try to play around the same speed as an advanced normal player you are probably fine (as best I know it).

There is a statement from CCP during the fanfest round table that if your 20% better (by what metrics we dont know) then a "normal" player they are at least looking into you.

Round-Robin - Some people think that its not allowed, I think "fast round-robin" will be detected as input duplication.
    Key remapping - Its my opinion its ok
    Video FX - In client probably not ok, in a dxnothing probably ok
    Rollover Buttons - In dxnothing I THINK its ok, but that depends on their answers on VFX and Key remapping (IMO).

they wont directly answer the question and in MY OPINION they caused more questions then they answered at Fanfest.

Mutli-box at your own risk, dont use Input Duplication, dont use more advanced ISBoxer features without realizing they might place you into the "unfair" category, use VFX in a DXnothing window.
    While shadow is very good at arguing for the merits of isboxer on GD

He has cannot get this into his head so I shall say it again, hopefully for the last time
    There is a GM ticket response specifically saying THAT ROUND ROBIN AND ROLLOVER IS NOT OKAY

I don't see where key remapping would not be okay however, since you can remap keys ingame as its shipped
    Videofx is the real question but seeing as how lord has been running so his setup with vfx...shrug*

key points
    -ccp still isn't clear
    -dont train assian lvl musscle memory
    -dont multibroadcast (key/mouse)

added (see next post)
    - dont do roundrobin ( automation of keysequences - obvious tbh)
    - dont do rollover ( same, automation of mouse movement to keyaction )
    Last edited by Stevo_ : 04-01-2015 at 07:54 AM

Also no round robin and rollover, i'll post the gm ticket thats already on these forums here if it'll convince you

ohyah, those i wont do either .. ( i'll add them )

page 7 of the banned thread btw, just scroll down till you see the text wall by mosg

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...d-thread/page7

I'd also add in that when dealing with CCP, ALWAYS be extremely polite and respectful.

During my recent thing, in the beginning, CCP was looking to permanently remove me from the game, based on the accusations against me.

There was quite a lot said (ofc falsely) about me to the GM, and at the beginning, I was considered super guilty and should basically RIP to ever playing eve again.

I knew I was perfectly in the clear, and knew the GMs would have access to evidence to support this, so I was very polite, very calm, and also very specific about what they needed to look through and look for.

At no point did I rage, nor did I say anything insulting, or throw a temper tantrum/demand anything. This obviously paid off, as the GMs eventually realized I was telling the truth, the other guy wasn't, and obviously I'm still here. If I had demanded or raged, the GMs coulda told me to fuck off and not gone to the large amount of effort of investigating tons of stuff.

The other guy's public meltdown on reddit showed that he had done everything I hadn't - he was publicly demanding things from the GMs, raging about their incompetence, doxxing me (he did this several times over the course of this) and just about dug his own grave, not counting all the facts and evidence being on my side.

Always remember that GMs are people too, and they're a lot more inclined to help you if you're calm, nice, and respectful to them regardless of what's happening - everything they do can be reversed given evidence and/or time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I'd also add in that when dealing with CCP, ALWAYS be extremely polite and respectful.

During my recent thing, in the beginning, CCP was looking to permanently remove me from the game, based on the accusations against me.

There was quite a lot said (ofc falsely) about me to the GM, and at the beginning, I was considered super guilty and should basically RIP to ever playing eve again.

I knew I was perfectly in the clear, and knew the GMs would have access to evidence to support this, so I was very polite, very calm, and also very specific about what they needed to look through and look for.

At no point did I rage, nor did I say anything insulting, or throw a temper tantrum/demand anything. This obviously paid off, as the GMs eventually realized I was telling the truth, the other guy wasn't, and obviously I'm still here. If I had demanded or raged, the GMs coulda told me to fuck off and not gone to the large amount of effort of investigating tons of stuff.

The other guy's public meltdown on reddit showed that he had done everything I hadn't - he was publicly demanding things from the GMs, raging about their incompetence, doxxing me (he did this several times over the course of this) and just about dug his own grave, not counting all the facts and evidence being on my side.

Always remember that GMs are people too, and they're a lot more inclined to help you if you're calm, nice, and respectful to them regardless of what's happening - everything they do can be reversed given evidence and/or time.
    What were you doing that caused all this?

Got a link to the rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    What were you doing that caused all this?

Got a link to the rage?
    I did nothing, he up and started stealing my accounts, then petitioned me claiming all sorts of stuff (I can't quote anything directly, and I wasn't told all of it, but the GMs - plural - mentioned something like they were not told everything, and there was a lot of misleading info given to them), including that I had "stolen" the very character(s) he stole from me. His evidence (so far that I know) to this was that he changed the account info to his info under account management - nevermind that I created the account, registered it, played it for years, and all backing evidence IP logs, etc etc confirmed that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments..._ccp_customer/

Mods nuked a lot of his stuff due him throwing RL info around like candy, and generally being an asshat. vOv

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I did nothing, he up and started stealing my accounts, then petitioned me claiming all sorts of stuff (I can't quote anything directly, and I wasn't told all of it, but the GMs - plural - mentioned something like they were not told everything, and there was a lot of misleading info given to them), including that I had "stolen" the very character(s) he stole from me. His evidence (so far that I know) to this was that he changed the account info to his info under account management - nevermind that I created the account, registered it, played it for years, and all backing evidence IP logs, etc etc confirmed that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments..._ccp_customer/

Mods nuked a lot of his stuff due him throwing RL info around like candy, and generally being an asshat. vOv
    jesus h macy...... that is a complete pile of bullshit

sorry man