Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 42

Essentially even though we use 3rd party software, the idea that has now become apparent, which should have been apparent without having to read between the lines when this all first started, was they want you to play EvE....as close to it can be, as it is shipped.
    Videofx, which still technically a 3rd party software tool (...windows......) is basically just cutting a segment of the window and sticking it to some paper...or dxnothing windows.

The only thing im considering using ISBoxers tools for (aside from windows management) is using Tab to cycle through clients instead of Alt tab...because my fingers hurt

E: so lords you actually told CCP yo uwere using Vfx and they just shrugged?

Id join you sometime if i could make enough isk to welp a fleet without worry

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Essentially even though we use 3rd party software, the idea that has now become apparent, which should have been apparent without having to read between the lines when this all first started, was they want you to play EvE....as close to it can be, as it is shipped.
    Videofx, which still technically a 3rd party software tool (...windows......) is basically just cutting a segment of the window and sticking it to some paper...or dxnothing windows.

The only thing im considering using ISBoxers tools for (aside from windows management) is using Tab to cycle through clients instead of Alt tab...because my fingers hurt

E: so lords you actually told CCP yo uwere using Vfx and they just shrugged?

Id join you sometime if i could make enough isk to welp a fleet without worry
    250m per site in the c5s, depending on your fleet size your clear time can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes.

You can literally solo with a gila in the c3, and clear 150-200m/hour (50m/site, 3-4 sites/hour) without issue. If you have playtime, isk is no issue.

Not counting salvage btw, that's just blue loot.

SO as i see it, i can setup a dxnothing - cut some sections out my 5 clients? and then click buttons from that vfx ( thats on my dxnothing)

i'll assume i shouldn't do it to quick

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo_ View Post
    SO as i see it, i can setup a dxnothing - cut some sections out my 5 clients? and then click buttons from that vfx ( thats on my dxnothing)

i'll assume i shouldn't do it to quick
    I pvp on the regular with mine, so I don't think quickness has anything to do with it. The point is make sure you're actually doing each action and clicking.

There's been some conflicting info from CCP, and posted here, but as a programmer (well, CS student atm) irl, it's not hard to tell the difference between someone rapidly clicking several buttons with a mouse across varying x/y coordinates on 5 characters, and someone miraculously hitting f1 within half a second across those same 5 characters.

Not to say you can't do stuff like f1-f4, but for instance, as you can see with my setup, logi are on the bottom. I often click or mouseover to get focus, and then either f1-f4 rapidly, or click each, it depends on what's happening, since f1-f4 isn't always consistent with the way isboxer handles things for w/e reason (clicking is more consistent, you can see from some of my videos that not everything turns on or w/e).

Example here:

http://www.twitch.tv/lords_serv/c/6329791

At 0, and then 13:00 are the two "fights."

You can see 1 of my 2 screens, the one where I'm running my vulture and double basilisks.

ty for the usefull replies! I might actualy hit you up LS

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo_ View Post
    ty for the usefull replies! I might actualy hit you up LS
    NP, I'm always happy to answer reasonable and constructive questions.

I've been running incursions in windowed mode with two machines and three screens.

This video is of my primary screen on my primary computer. THe secondary screen in the primary computer is to the right and that's where one of my nestor pilot screens is located. THe secondary machine feeds a monitor to my left which has my second logi pilot along with the ore dropper and a booster. I play with two keyboards and two mice.

I run in windowed mode because CCP is at the point where they are banning people if they are too efficient/fast. It's obvious CCP can't detect videofx very well if at all. So CCP has taken up the option of just banning anyone that is too quick. This is proven via the few GM messages that have been released and by some of the CCP employee posts on the official forums.

Clearly CCP sees videofx in a client window as "client modification" and I bet they will extend that "logic" to running dxnothing. As stupid as it is. If they took their comments to the logical end then we'd all be banned because we all have graphics drivers that modify how the game environment appears in the client.

In case you're wondering I'm still able to run incursions without drone assist. I have done test runs with my old nightmares (with much cheaper fits) using tachs. I don't have any videos of that because I did that back before I started recording all my runs.

Here's a video I made during my first attempt. I recorded the video originally so I could use it to create basically a mental flowchart for running. I had a friend who was curious how it looked so I went ahead and uploaded it. Pulse are less effective in OTAs by quite a bit when running this way but I had left my tachs 30 hops behind on accident so I had no choice.

i'll assume you are doing domis + gardes and nestors + paladin for dronebunny? mind sharing a fit?

My fits are over tanked so I can recover easily from oops moments. Over the last four months of running this I've lost one domi and that was relatively recently. I let the domi get lower than normal so I could get a better time and when I went to rep the damned pop up for DT appeared which delayed my reps enough that the domi popped. So I sent that character off to buy a new domi while I finished the site. I was actually really surprised how easy it was to keep running while also warping a character to a trade hub.

[Dominix, Warp speed Vanguard]
    Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
    Damage Control II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script
    Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Mega Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
    Drone Link Augmentor II
    Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Anti-Kinetic Pump I
    Large Anti-Explosive Pump I
    Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Garde II x whatever.

[Nestor, Armor logi]
    Signal Amplifier II
    Signal Amplifier II
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
    Damage Control II
    Capacitor Power Relay II

Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

Large Remote Armor Repairer II

Large Remote Repair Augmentor II

Heavy Hull Maintenance Bot II x5
    Acolyte II x5

nestors are extremely cap stable and I can get through most sites only using one of them.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 03-31-2015 at 07:36 PM