Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Boxing barbs

Default Boxing barbs

Hi there wonder boxers!

I'm very keen on giving multi boxing a bash for the upcoming S3, my intention being to level a pair of barbs as it's the class I know best by a long way, doing just a pair seems like an easier start to playing multi chars. From my snooping on various forums over the last couple of days I'm getting the impression that melee can be a bit of a pain to do, especially for a complete novice like myself.

Is the movement sync as bad as I've read for Barbs? My main reason for trying multiboxing is to try and increase gearing and levelling speed for the season and if I'm going to be constantly making an arse of it then the levelling at least may end up slower, despite the group buff.

With this season being so whirlwind and pet orientated I thought the actual combat at Tx level probably wouldn't be that bad?

I'll continue to trawl the forums and check out videos but if any of you guys with actual experience, especially with barbarians, could give me a few pointers, do's/don'ts then that would be fantastic.

Cheers!

I have been playing with a team of 3 barbs and 1 wd the last weeks trying to come up with a pet oriented build for s3. I would avoid the raekor set and using charge when multiboxing since at least for me it is a bit chaotic. I leveled them from 1 without paragons just to see how leveling for s3 will be and it was rather easy and fast without any actual problems. However, my demon hunter group leveled up significantly faster. Overall the leveling speed was satisfied me and i still intend 3barbs+1wd to be my team for S3.

On the other hand if you only box 2 barbs i think it will be easier to use charge when you get used to it. My advice is to try them now, before the start of season 3 to see if you like it. Also, if money is not an issue i would go to a 4man team instead of 2 since it is much more fun, xp is a lot faster and you can gear up your main a lot quicker.

For season 3 (or just patch 2.2) i will be using 4x WW barbs, ive seen gameplay videos and it looks amazing

For barbs if you plan to do infinite wrath, i believe its completely immune to all CC so...couple that with whirlwind which moves through mobs unhindered, you should be completely fine.

I leveled up a few barbs just recently, i dont plan to play season 3 since im not interested in any of the s3 items yet

Leveling speed is completely determined on your skill to keep characters sync'd, after that its just playing 1 character (sorta)
    i found WW barb to be the easiest to keep sync of, other than that a leap style barb, hold shift and leap, ground stomp with pull effects, cleave, rend...being a melee character and having to "chase" mobs ends badly for me

With only 2 characters though you should have a much easier time keeping characters sync'd, after that it really is just standard diablo, gearing and progression

I had problems keeping 4 WW barbs in sync when I was testing it on the PTR. The issue is keeping the barbs generating the same amount of fury and keeping fury generation high enough to WW non stop. If you ever don't generate enough fury you stop whirling which leads to desync and then if you aren't spending it fast enough you can't keep Berserker up permanently on all characers which due to its movespeed buff also leads to desync.

Now I was testing barbs without the BK weapon set. If you had that on all 4 characters, keeping fury up enough to constant WW should be much easier and the problem may solve itself. Still getting getting 2 good BK weapons for each character isn't going to be easy (you would need 8 of them for 4 boxing).

Thanks for the responses! Hadn't thought about the different rates of fury generation de-syncing WW. Sounds like it's still worth a look though.

Cheers for the info.

From what I understand the Bul Kathos weapon set fixes the problem entirely, but before then you will have issues. If you stack RCR to get the cost down you can't spend fast enough to cooldown Berserker enough to keep it up permanently and since all your fury generation while WWing comes from COTA ancients hitting targets not all characters ancients all hit at the same rate. It inevitably leads to different rates of fury gain for the characters.

Once you have full BK sets across all 4 chars it shouldn't be a big deal because they passively give 10 fury/sec. That combined with the ancients giving fury even if not always equal should be enough to maintain it on all 4 chars.

I am kinda burnt out on running teams that are that heavily reliant on a weapons though. I had tons of issues with my monk and sader teams in getting weapons for them. When the weapon is build defining you are stuck hoping they drop, at least with other slots they are 3 times cheaper to gamble so build defining items in every slot but weapon is not as painful to acquire in most cases. Trying to get two weapons for each character would be a nightmare if you aren't very lucky.

The real reason I don't want to play barbs though, is that they don't have a CC option that would work with a build. DH, Saders, WD, Wiz and Monk all have a CC skill that could be dropped into a build that makes fighting RG's much easier. Barbs do have CC immunity and very high toughness (especially with Ignore Pain Mob Rule in Round robin and Perma all rune Berserker) going for them so they are still appealing. I just really liked when IK was a pet set early on. That would have been much more playable than the current WW iteration it seems to be on (at least for multiboxxers... I can understand why some Barb fans weren't keen on IK at the beginning of the PTR).

Have you considered playing the 4 barbs with the IK set and a HOTA or Seismic Slam build? Or do you think it will be too slow?

Ive been playing WW barb with no set items...not having any issues with sync, just when CC comes into play, which...meh cant be helped

How are you keeping the fury up to whirl on all of them Devil?
    Last edited by Yelgis : 04-01-2015 at 03:32 PM

shouts
    Passive for fury gen
    spent a few hours on team, running T1 fine, no deaths
    have since swapped some spells

Avalan - Lclick (3 stack x4 murders rift guardians if they dont move)
    WW - Dust devils on Rclick

Furious charge - 1 (doesnt really matter what rune)
    Ground stomp - 2 pull rune
    Battle Cry - 3 Any rune
    Earthquake - 4 because too many spins for rift guardian, again any

Passive
    Brawler
    Unforgiving
    Animosity
    Superstition

With my current DPS across the toons i dont really need to do much...WW for trash, ava for elites, earthquake cuz why not
    currently not using any set items on any barbs (nothing that would really matter)
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 04-01-2015 at 12:42 PM