Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Jamba 4.0-PublicBeta3 FTLHelper creating a macro that can't be used

I use the jamba-FTL Helper, because I rotate toons in my groups quite a bit, and I don't use ISBoxer which I believe has the ability to dynamically create the appropriate macros.

The problem I am having is with groups that are comprised of toons all on the same realm, the macro generated adds the realmname to the end of the toon name, however, WoW is unable to assist, target, or follow, a toon using the Name-Realmname convention, if said toon is on the same realm as you. It'll just present the "Unknown Unit" error and do nothing.

Usually I don't jump on here and complain without a solution already in the works, but my LUA is horrible at best, and I don't know how to check the realm of the active toons so that I can filter the realmname off the toons that match the master.

Things I've tried...
    1) simply typing /assist Bettysue-Azgalor --- "unknown unit"
    2) removing the realmname in the saved variables --- gets added back in next time I swap a toon or relog.
    3) breaking the LUA ---Successfully breaks the module and requires replacement that returns to previously mentioned problem.

1 of out 3 really isn't that bad is it? If Ebony, or really anyone for that matter has any idea what I might be doing incorrectly, or even a possible solution to the problem it would be greatly appreciated if you could leave a quick comment. Thanks in advance,

Bettysue

hi Bettysue, this should not be a hard to fix.

As i use isboxer FTL i need bug reports like this even if there is not a LUA error, FTL is done a bit of a pain to how the other stuff in jamba but saying that

Am not sure if this is going to work, it was done untested (not at PC till tomz night) but it should can you try the lasest Alpha @ http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/jam...ta-2-g2bd5b35/ and let me know if it works.

Thanks for the fast response I was stuck at physical therapy when I saw you had updated. I tested and poked around a bit again, it's not creating the ftlstring now. Here's a little bit of information on what's happening.

If I have all the toons listed but don't check any of them in the "Use selected Toon in FTL" I get the following output:
    JambaFTL: FTL-String is:
    JambaFTL: Update recieved
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLAssist-Button with:/assist
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLFollow-Button with:/follow
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLTarget-Button with:/target

Which is exactly what I would expect, however when I check the box to use a selected toon, any or all of them, I get nothing at all...and ftlstring variable is set to "".

Follow is working using /jamba-follow master
    However, if i try to use /click on assist, follow or target buttons created the do nothing because they are blank.

I tried deleting the savedvariables for all of jamba and just re-adding everyone and I was again thwarted by the wizardry happening in the background. Hopefully, something jumps out at you and helps. Thanks again for your incredibly fast response, paid people at my phone company take longer to get back to me with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettysue View Post
    Thanks for the fast response I was stuck at physical therapy when I saw you had updated. I tested and poked around a bit again, it's not creating the ftlstring now. Here's a little bit of information on what's happening.

If I have all the toons listed but don't check any of them in the "Use selected Toon in FTL" I get the following output:
    JambaFTL: FTL-String is:
    JambaFTL: Update recieved
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLAssist-Button with:/assist
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLFollow-Button with:/follow
    JambaFTL: Updating JambaFTLTarget-Button with:/target

Which is exactly what I would expect, however when I check the box to use a selected toon, any or all of them, I get nothing at all...and ftlstring variable is set to "".

Follow is working using /jamba-follow master
    However, if i try to use /click on assist, follow or target buttons created the do nothing because they are blank.

I tried deleting the savedvariables for all of jamba and just re-adding everyone and I was again thwarted by the wizardry happening in the background. Hopefully, something jumps out at you and helps. Thanks again for your incredibly fast response, paid people at my phone company take longer to get back to me with issues.
    well i did mange to test this on my live team with the update (sorry i never used FTL in jamba) i set them up with the keyMods and then ran /click JambaFTLFollow on one of the clones and it did infarct follow it. is there something else i should be doing or need to do??? or what your doing but the marcio should be fixed @ my end there just might be something else in the file thats does not need server name on chars that's on the same realm.
    Am normaly about in the dual-boxing irc chat if you wonted to chat to me might be easier.
    i

The follow is working just fine the assist and target are not. If I click a target on the main and make a macro with just /click JambaFTLAssist in it bound to "[" on all the slaves, clicking that button does nothing now as the FTL helper no longer generates a macro with the newest alpha listed in your post above. The characters used to select the target of the main. Prior to the newest change I would get the unknown unit error. Which can be reproduced without the help of addons by trying the following:
    /assist Toonname-Realmname
    of course you will need 2 characters to try that but have one target any npc or character, and run that macro on the other. I will say unknown and not grab the target as it should.

Right now the FTL Helper is not generating the ftlstring. (newest version, all savedvariables deleted and jamba is the only running addon, normally I use elvui, but not running it isn't changing the behavior.

Well that was a touch bit more involved than I had anticipated. Thanks for dedicating so much of your early morning hours getting my 5 cows to attack the same thing. After a quick clear of the savedvars and a relog I was up and running. I can now make my own macros and will not require your presence every time I switch characters

Thanks again,
    Bettysue

Quote Originally Posted by Bettysue View Post
    Well that was a touch bit more involved than I had anticipated. Thanks for dedicating so much of your early morning hours getting my 5 cows to attack the same thing. After a quick clear of the savedvars and a relog I was up and running. I can now make my own macros and will not require your presence every time I switch characters

Thanks again,
    Bettysue

Thanks for the feedback and your very welcome. Ill test to make sure it still works on the EU, and then cross realm and sign it off.

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. ill test it cross realm and then sign it off
    Last edited by ebony : 03-27-2015 at 12:09 PM