Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default People who successfully multibox Diablo III with steady 40-50+ fps during rifts

as title said, what hardware do you guy use to run it?

i'm currently running an overclocked intel core i7-2600k went from 3,4 ghz to 4,2 and a GeForce GTX 680 + 8 gb of ram. i get about 10-12 fps whenever i fight an elite or horde of enemies.This was not the case while lvling but facing frozen arcane beam horde in a rift seems to make my computer struggle. the overclocking i did on the CPU helped a bit it went from Diablo III freezing to me seeing what is going on during the fights. However it still takes about 2-3 seconds from me pressing the button for something to happen. so i guess its time for me to upgrade my hardware. so my question is what do you guys recommend and/or use for multiboxing 4x class?

im currently running 4x sader with fist of heavens. tried playing army doctor but it was the same thing really and i was so sad every time the rift map was tiny and the pets bottlenecked so i had to make a switch

ISBoxer.com has a guide dedicated to this kind of question: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

To know what, if anything, you should probably be focusing on, see the "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section. The tool in this section of the guide will help you identify whether it is your CPU, Video Card, or RAM that is the current limiting factor. You can also lower certain settings in the game for added performance at the cost of visual quality.

Do this first, then with a better understanding of the problem you can determine if you should be updating that 680 to a 980
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    ISBoxer.com has a guide dedicated to this kind of question: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

To know what, if anything, you should probably be focusing on, see the "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section. The tool in this section of the guide will help you identify whether it is your CPU, Video Card, or RAM that is the current limiting factor. You can also lower certain settings in the game for added performance at the cost of visual quality.

Do this first, then with a better understanding of the problem you can determine if you should be updating that 680 to a 980
    yeah but thats the weird thing i used open hardware monitor to check everything, to see if there were bottlenecks but everytime the FPS dropped in game my CPU cores were at 60-70 % +-5 sometimes they spiked and went to 90-95 but these were single instances often not during the fps drops. same for my gpu was holding steady at 70 % had spikes to 80 %. RAM was holding at 90-92 % the only thing that have helped me so far was overclocking the CPU that made a huge difference. instead of freezing every fight i could go on at about 10-12 fps. but its super weird that my CPU does not show up as the bottleneck. i tried everything written in the HOWTO guide but nothing has helped. so i just assume its a hardware problem
    Last edited by sibs : 03-24-2015 at 09:59 AM

Your CPU Strategy is set to all instances use all cores, right? (If not, it should be)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Your CPU Strategy is set to all instances use all cores, right? (If not, it should be)
    yes, i've tried playing around with different CPU strategies through the wizard but they're all equal in performance. and the windows power saving thingy is set to high performance

I have steady 60 fps on active character and 30 fps (locked) for all background characters. So far so good.

Hardware:
    - i7-4970k, overclocked
    - two 970 in SLI

I know that SLI is working, as I'm seeing relatively even load on both cards. Just in case, Crossfire from AMD does not work for full-screen windowed apps.