Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 24

Quote Originally Posted by Yelgis View Post
    While I agree that Carnevil builds got a nice buff with the Zuni set on the PTR, I don't think they are the best for multiboxing or even solo Grift.
    Quite possible. But it is excellent "relaxing" farming build, where fetishes are doing most of the work, there are tons of them and they're not melee.

Another reason to go Jade instead of Carnevil, is that Carn needs to use the Zuni offhand to be able to have all the other gear it needs. This means you miss out on probably the coolest item a WD multibox team has at its disposal... The new Homunculus Mojo. This thing causes your WD to spawn a zombie dog every 2 seconds now.
    Oh, nice. Seems like it will be new "auto-cast sweeping wind" with ISBoxer round-robin delay of 0.7 seconds.

Anyway, what's cool about WD - there are plenty of builds that are viable or, at least, fun to play.

A pet WD team is tempting, however this might end the same way as in 2.1.2 : above GR 36-38 they are constantly one-shot by "jailer" abilty. I noticed that there is a damage reduction on the Zuni set however. We'll see. I might want to try a combo of Zuni and Asheara, in order to benefit from the followers' DPS, buffs and debuffs.

I'll probably switch my current best team (3x Condemn Crusaders and 1x zDPS WD) to 3x "Roland" Shield Bash + 1x zDPS WD. Since they probably will be running with a permanent Iron Skin, this might compensate for the loss of the permanent Akarat's Champion. And, from what I saw on videos, Shield Bash will probably do more damage than Condemn currently does.

I have been looking for a template that only uses resource generators. It is now possible to gather those three babies...

- 2.2 Shash of Knives :
    Name:  d3_sash_kives.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  34.4 KB

- 2.2 Spirit Guard
    Name:  d3_spirit_guard.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  37.4 KB

And the obvious Simplicity'Strength :
    Name:  d3_simplicity.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  32.5 KB

So now I have to build something with Physical Damage. I'm keeping a Crusader with a Roland set, and I'm using Sweep Attack only to keep the timers from my defensive skills up. Punish should be cast at an incredible speed, and I have to insert a Sweep Attack every 4 Punishes to keep everything up.

http://ptr.d3planner.com/726582694

Of course this is just theorycrafting. Maybe it's going to fail miserably in-game

The only problem with relying on item procs is they are inherently weak on their own. 650% on the Knives belt sounds strong until you realise even your Sweep in a Roland's build is going to be doing 480 x 6(buff Rolands give is 500%) = 2880% if you then add FnR to that it becomes 2880 x 2.25 (FnR buff is 125% multiplciative) 6480%.

FnR would also boost the knife proc though so it ends up being 1462%. Still procs don't go crazy unless you have some way to scale them. Outside of FnR and elemental damage sources, the only classes that have sets that can buff item procs are Barbs with IK 6 and Wizards with Tals 6.

In the previous scenario an IK6 barb would have a knife from the belt that would hit for 2925% with FnR up. The Wizard on the other hand would have a knife that hits for 10,237%. The reason the wizard is so high is that Tal's offers a 600% buff when at full stacks of the 6p (so a x7 modifier to damage) that applies to everything. If you are looking to make a character that relies on item procs, your best bet may be a Wizard.
    Last edited by Yelgis : 04-07-2015 at 02:03 PM

So, apparently WD is no longer FOTM and wizards are?

(...) add FnR to that it becomes 2880 x 2.25 (FnR buff is 125% multiplciative) 6480%.
    I assume that FnR is Focus and Restraint... but whatever buff they provide, there is no way i will multibox GR40+ without Unities.

What I'm trying to do here is finding a balance between damage and survivability. I already guess that I'll probably break the 10B+ crit barrier with my shield-bash Crusader team (with the zDPS WD buffs). But if I get constantly killed by the rift guardian, 10B+ crits won't help much.

With that Crusader build I suggest, they will have a 50% damage reduction from permanent Iron Skin, plus another 30-40% from the bracers. But, I admit, the build might not work. I'll try. What I also know is that the 2.2 is a huge damage buff for all classes, so I will most certainly trade a dps epic gem for a defensive one in my 2.2 setups.

Oh Cmoi, I didn't look at your build close enough. Spirit Guards are only for monks. Your Sader's won't be able to benefit from them because Saders don't have Spirit Spenders.

I completely understand your idea about being tanky and such. Unity doesn't really work that well in multibox though. Unity will only spread the damage effectively if it is only 1 character getting hit at a time. If all 4 are getting hit they will share the damage and it will be like all 4 are still taking 100% of the damage. Now on situation that only a single one gets hit then yes the damage splits 4 ways so all 4 take 25% of it.

Unity's biggest flaw is that the damage is calculated on the person hit. The damage number is determined and then it is split and shard to others wearing it. That means all 4 characters wearing unity have nearly identical toughness or the damage sharing become unfair. If a squishy wearing unity gets hit he will share the damage at his mitigation level. Meaning even a full toughness stacked tank would take the same damage as the squishy would. This is why you don't see the 4 person meta using them.

If the dps wear unity and take a hit the ZDPs will take a much larger hit than they would if they had taken the hit directly due to toughness differences.

My way around toughness problems is control. You cite Rift guardians being a problem. If you can manage to apply a 3 second stun/freeze/blind every .9 seconds or a 4 second one every 1.2 seconds, you can permanently CC even Rift Guardians. That is just the way the CC mechanics in this game work in a nutshell (I can explain them in depth if needed, but I have done that in the past in other threads).

In my WD team toughness is given by the Tiki Doc fearing everything that can be feared. This locks down most elite packs. The only challenge is getting to the pack to get it locked down before they activate stuff. Everyone who has played or played with a Fear doc knows they don't do much when it comes to the RG. That is because fear has no effect on bosses.

That is where the new Homonculus mojo comes in and why it is included in my builds on the 3 dps WD's in my team. I won't go over exact details on how it works, because I already did that in another thread. Basically though with that mojo I will be able to cast Sacrifice Black Blood in round robin once every .8 seconds on those three characters. That is enough to permanently stun even a RG. This makes the entire RG fight easy, they literally become a big hp statue you just beat on until dead. This works with only 3 WD's with the new Homonculus mojo.

I know this works because I have done it in season 2 with my Monks (they use blind which has the problem of letting the CC'd mob move a little so you are always having to reposition to keep them in the effect... stun and freeze don't have that problem).

For the Wizards, they use Frost Nova Cold Snap with 53.5% CDR or more. This makes the cooldown of the nova low enough on all 4 characters to be able to cast it every .9 seconds or faster in round robin. Once again it is permanent lock on even RG's. The advantage of the freeze is it works with Ancient Parthan Defender's to provide a large buff to toughness and since nova can be cast while moving it is easier to use than Sacrifice from WD's. The down side is wizards can't completely lock down elite affixes like a Tiki doc can. That is why I use APD's to make up some toughness in all my freeze builds.

Oh Cmoi, I didn't look at your build close enough. Spirit Guards are only for monks. Your Sader's won't be able to benefit from them because Saders don't have Spirit Spenders.
    But you are right. Silly me

If the dps wear unity and take a hit the ZDPs will take a much larger hit than they would if they had taken the hit directly due to toughness differences.
    At the moment my zDPS has far more toughness than the Crusaders. She's wearing Strength gear (meaning Armor), tons of Vitality and Life %, good resist all. Still, I tried SoJ's in place of Unity's and I don't like it.

If you can manage to apply a 3 second stun/freeze/blind every .9 seconds or a 4 second one every 1.2 seconds, you can permanently CC even Rift Guardians.
    A Crusader team might be able to achieve this with 2p Roland bonus + spam Shield Bash. It needs testing.

In my WD team toughness is given by the Tiki Doc fearing everything that can be feared. This locks down most elite packs.
    Yes that works really well !

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    But you are right. Silly me

At the moment my zDPS has far more toughness than the Crusaders. She's wearing Strength gear (meaning Armor), tons of Vitality and Life %, good resist all. Still, I tried SoJ's in place of Unity's and I don't like it.

A Crusader team might be able to achieve this with 2p Roland bonus + spam Shield Bash. It needs testing.

Yes that works really well !
    A zdps WD and 3 roland crusaders should be able to do upwards into the low 50s with ease. Mannercookie talked about using that setup to get a quick para 600 and speed clear 40-43s.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Yeah, I'm going to try 4x crusaders and 3x + 1 WD to see how strong they are. Roland's seems to be doing insane damage. Tiki WD will take care of trash and elites, and round robin Shield Glare of RG. I'll record my findings