Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default DELL I7, 8 gb RAM, 2gb radeon 8850m - 15 FPS on Diablo3 MB -

Hy guys,

I`m having an issue with D3 multiboxing after upgrading from i5 laptop to i7 ssd laptop (wich is very frustrating). The problem is that even with 1 game instance if i launch it with iso boxer there is very low FPS (15 or so, unplayable)while if i launch one game client normally i get around 70 fps with ultra settings. I tried all the possible video drivers but the same thing happens. The only explanetion is that the integrated Intel video card overrides the ATI video card. I set the settings on the ATI card for high performance for iso boxer and d3 but still no results. If anyone has a sollution for this please help.

10x

Are you running any other applications that would interfere with IsBoxer? Things with D3D overlays are known to cause problems (curse, afterburner, precision x etc) as well as Logitech gaming software. Start killing some apps and see if you can narrow down which one is killing your frames.

Logitech software is the primary one that I forget to terminate and realize it right before the game client freezes. LoL
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Actually, I also tried to multibox on a notebook and it is no go. Well, technically you can multibox on it, but it is not very pleasant to play.

So, I have 15" Macbook Pro with i7 and 8 GB of RAM and AMD Radeon HD6750M with 1 GB of video memory. I can boot into Windows (7) and run ISBoxer on it for 4x multiboxing.
    Unfortunately, game is both CPU and GPU intensive. Plus, each instance uses ~1.8 GB of memory, so it is coming up very close to 8 GB memory limit.

So, here's what I did:
    1. Significantly reduced game resolution by manually changing Diablo settings file. I think it was something like 640 in width and 400 (or so) in height. Then, I used ISBoxer to upscale it to fit the screen. It was all pixelated, text was barely readable, but it significantly boosted performance
    2. FPS limit was set to 18 on all instances.
    3. Had disable video overlay due to performance hit, so it was pain in the arse to see if any legendaries dropped. I have three small windows to the right of the current window
    4. Manually changed various settings in D3 config (that are not editable through their UI) to make D3 look even worse. This won few FPS as well.

Anyway, if you have problems with single instance of D3 - that's weird. If you try to multibox, do not expect much from notebook. Mobile i7 and mobile video cards are not as powerful as their desktop counterparts, even if they're in same "family".