Close
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 61

So far all i have heard is "videofx MAY be legal"

Didn't anyone specifically ask?

VFX = Modified Client?

CCP seems to be saying that a "modified" eve client is using VFX overlays INSIDE an EVE Window. (I am having to take some liberties here, because they arent being specific).

Attachment 1423

So, if that is correct, you cannot in their mind make dxnothing dashboards INSIDE a game client but you MIGHT be allowed to make a dxnothing window dashboard, since its OUTSIDE the game client.

Attachment 1424
    This was presented as "Client Modification" which if this was sitting on a dxnothing window SEEMS to be against what they declare as allowed. If they are stating that THIS is client modification, then everything VFX does falls into that category.
    I think it was declared "Client Modification" because in the presented screenshot they showed the VFX on top of the game window and implied that they are now a part of the game window, and therefore "the client looks different" thus "modified". Without knowing that VFX are Windows DWM Thumbnails like when you hold Alt+Tab or roll over Taskbar buttons since Vista, that's totally understandable. Either way, they didn't rule out or mention DxNothng or non-EVE windows in any way.

But I think it can be said that they are either willfully ignoring the way Windows actually works, or know damn well and are purposefully trying to hide the way Windows actually works from the people they are presenting to, to make us look "worse" than it is. Either way is hostile.

He SEEMS to imply that if you use VFX or Rollovers you are modify content IN the game. Now, does this mean I can use VFX OR rollovers if they are OUTSIDE the game inside a dxnothing window? You cant say one is allowed and the other isnt, because they both per CCP Random SEEM to fall inside this vague definition of what "modifies the content appearing within the Game Environment" . If Rollover's OUTSIDE of the client inside a dxnothing window = "modfying" then certainly every single VFX box you make does too.
    I don't think it's the rollover itself that's "modification", it's the VFX over the main window. The rollover is more related to the macro/prerecorded sequence. Especially when it's tied to the other part about "what if they are very small and insignificant 1x1" where you really want to slide your mouse across. At that point it's just really a dubious technicality to get around what he called "a prerecorded sequence", and that's why I'm not going to suggest using your rollover idea....

Lets say CCP then states you CANNOT use rollover EVEN INSIDE a dxnothing window. Ok. Can I use Rollover and VFX outside the client inside a dxnothing window? Lax and Lordservant seem to say yes, NosyGamer (who they brought on to talk about RMTing and is pretty anti ISBoxer usage) also seems to say yes, but going by this slide CCP Random seems to say no.
    Nosy apparently thought they were going to keep to their word about the original input multiplexing announcement too. He doesn't know any more, or have any more authority, than we do.

Key Re-Mapping?

Are we allowed to make key remaps? Can I remap F1 on Client #2 to F2 instead? If I get a Xkey 80 and assign each button, I could easily use bombers almost as effeicently as using Rollover or Input Duplication... Is this allowed? Its certainty not a macro, just a key remap? How would CCP know the difference though? I can hit 16 + buttons in a second using my fingers, what if i just took my fist and smashed all the keys? Would I just be banned "just because"?
    Ignoring for a moment that you're suggesting an Xkey 80, key re-maps are possible to do in Windows. Here's a program that configures key re-maps in Windows only by editing the Registry: https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/. I don't know what registry key it is off the top of my head, but there you go.

I see no issue with key re-maps and the current ruleset. This is not the same as a macro/prerecorded sequence at all.

But yes you could be banned "just because" either way, and I think that's the problem most people are having here.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    So far all i have heard is "videofx MAY be legal"

Didn't anyone specifically ask?
    What's to ask?

They showed Video FX on top of the EVE window in a slide said they interpret this as "client modification". So if you don't put the Video FX on top of the EVE window, where is the so-called "client modification"?

They would have to come up with a different reason to call it prohibited.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    No it is not stop telling people it is ok to use a dashboad set up when it is not allowed any more to play eve.

I have asked the question directly and been told it is not allowed I can not post the reply about what was said but telling people it is ok will only result in the being banned if caught.
    Sorry, what question did you ask? You can't just say this and assume everyone is going to take your word. There have been numerous times when people post things like this, saying they asked about something and got some sort of response, but then when asked for the actual text, the person asked the question in a way that completely changed the context.

From the real video which we all can really see, CCP Random called it "client modification" to have your "dashboard" appearing over the EVE client window. Putting it over a different window that is not an EVE client must therefore not be "client modification".
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

to be honnest, if dashboard in an eve client is not allowed, why would you allow it "not in an eve window"
    you can put all your eve windows on a DX window so your main eve client is also an VFX.....
    > so again moving around their ruling of not letting you use vfx on your eve client...

I love isboxer but i've done the math 4months ago.. ccp wants isboxing gone, and only allows you to alt tab or buy bigger screens....

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:07 AM

Question: Thanks again for taking the time to read my ticket, I am a little confused as I have been told that having a dashboard set up is within the rules.

So are all dashboard set ups no longer allowed in game for multiboxing.?

Answer: Hi,

That is correct, we will not sanction such tools. EULA, section 6. A:

2. You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played

Now let me know what you think.

The question forced them to make assumptions about what you mean by a dashboard setup. If they assume it is as pictured in the twitch stream, it's over the EVE client window, and again as CCP Random said this was apparently "client modification".

They also specified third-party software that changes how the Game is played -- touch-screen gesture software (by the way, shadowandlight, this is the same as key re-mapping) -- that they apparently allow. So they're either lying about being software/hardware agnostic or the same concept must be allowable.

So I don't really see your question and answer, as given, being the gold standard answer to the question of whether you can put VFX on a non-EVE window, and click on them.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Question: Thanks again for taking the time to read my ticket, I am a little confused as I have been told that having a dashboard set up is within the rules.

So are all dashboard set ups no longer allowed in game for multiboxing.?
    Of course the blanket answer is going to be they will never sanction a 3rd party tool.

The question is if your allowed to have a separate window using VFX, which they wont answer either, but if that is now not allowed. Since your not modifying the game client or anything INSIDE the game client, it certainty doesnt fall into client modification.

That doesnt mean they will tell you that its ok, cause they appear to be on the warpath.

Example - http://i.imgur.com/IyEWati.jpg

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:07 AM