Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 61

Default Team Security EVE Fanfest presentation 1500 GMT on Saturday March 21st

I do not know yet if it will be live streamed on the CCP Twitch Channel.

The topics are

Drop by and get an update on the work of CCP Security. Buzzwords: Botting, RMT, Input-Multiplexing & Broadcasting, Security Awareness and Account Security.
    We should pay attention to this if they live stream it. Hopefully someone will ask good questions about round-robin / videofx / rollover etc.

So in regards to Rollover, VFX and Rollover features CCP's Team Security Panel directly said "Read the EULA".

Hopefully someone goes to the Round-table and get answers.

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:04 AM

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    For those who missed it

23a445afd7.jpg
    The [...] is the problem, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    They showed this, which shows they take multiboxing with client modification more serious than actual botting or buying isk

Attachment 1421
    Do we have a solid definition of "client modification" yet?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    Will try and find the video of what he said, but no roll overs no round robins no input broadcasting hardware or software, No 3rd party software used to play Eve.

They did show video fx but then didn't say much about it but with saying no 3rd party to play eve I think it pretty much covers anything that changes the client from it original format and changes the way the game is played which means no dashboard set-ups.

Was hoping someone would be at the Q&A to get a better answer but not seen anything yet.

They did cover 3rd party as in you can use EvE mon and all the others as they do not directly effect the way the game is played I think he said.

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004

Starts @ 04:21:55 for multiboxing.
    So I'm not allowed to play in windowed mode now? What is the state I mean CCP authorized resolution for gameplay so I don't fall a foul of the original format?

Removed
    Last edited by Dranny817 : 03-24-2015 at 05:06 AM

1. Dashboards don't require modifying the client at all.
    2. In fact the popular dashboard setups put the overlays on DxNothing, not on top of the game window. (The setup in the fanfest image did appear to place them over the game window.)
    3. And besides, Video FX are OS layered windows placed over the game client via desktop composition. That's why FRAPS and other video recording software need special handling to record them.

Also I would like to point out for everyone that CCP Random was (intentionally?) misleading on the Round-robin question. He is implying that the delay between inputs to different clients in question is somehow generated, to which we can already make assumptions about the answer. The question isn't "can I generate inputs to different clients at different times", the question is "can I press the same key at different times to go to different clients", and this is a major difference. As in, "I press F2 and it happens in window 1. then I press F2 again, and it happens in window 2". However, it sounds like his answer is that it doesn't matter. They may interpret this as "replayable input sequences" even though you are "replaying" it manually one key at a time by pressing F2 again. Hard to say for sure.

With respect to a DxNothing dashboard, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret CCP Random's statements. Certainly there is no client modification in that case, even with the definition of client modification somehow including other OS windows over the game client. He did seem to put some emphasis on "change how the Game is played", but then on the next slide talks about touch-screens with finger gestures which clearly "changes how the Game is played" no less than having a window on your second monitor that has a view of your modules from window 1 for you to click on, so that can mean literally anything or nothing depending on the person interpreting it...

From what he was saying though I still see no reason why you should not be able to use a DxNothing dashboard with mouse+keyboard pass-through (single instance control) on the Video FX, within the current rule set.
    Last edited by Lax : 03-21-2015 at 05:27 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start