Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Task Items

Default Task Items

Do you guys save the "Task" items you collect? I know they are for XP and faction, but I've got 3 characters' 60 bank slots filled with them and I'm not even level 20. Is it worthwhile to save any of this crap for an alt? Selling it isn't much better, as I have the 2 gold cap that I had by level 15.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Blog Entries

I can't directly address your issue but I definitely have found LOTRO to have the worst inventory management in mmos. As a person who loves to craft I dislike that I was spending 5 minutes every half hour getting items to the appropriate toons, and I had even paid for 1 original game and 2 mithril editions, which is supposed to relieve the inventory stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokked View Post
    Do you guys save the "Task" items you collect? I know they are for XP and faction, but I've got 3 characters' 60 bank slots filled with them and I'm not even level 20. Is it worthwhile to save any of this crap for an alt? Selling it isn't much better, as I have the 2 gold cap that I had by level 15.
    Sell them to vendor and buy gold coins from bank npc (you can keep coins in your bank). Task items are only useful in very few cases where you can trade them for rep for some factions closer to end game.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, inventory management is the WORST. The more crap I can sell so I don't have to manage inventories, the better!

Can't completely avoid it due to crafting, but that's acceptable. I'd skip crafting, but several sites have said that Crit Crafted Gear is much better than anything that drops pre-45.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by Lokked View Post
    Can't completely avoid it due to crafting, but that's acceptable. I'd skip crafting, but several sites have said that Crit Crafted Gear is much better than anything that drops pre-45.
    Crafted "blue" gear is THE BEST you can hope for in your quest towards the endgame. Period. That said, your crafters have to be in appropriate craft guilds, earn rep to be able to craft blues etc. Some of that costs Turbine Points, which you can earn by completing achievements in-game. In fact you can earn enough to halve the cost of buying zones (or, if you watch out for sales in the Lotro store, to get you through the entire game just by spending currency you earn in-game). I have one lifetime VIP sub that takes care of guild bank etc, the rest of my team are more than capable to pay theyir way for new zones.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-17-2015 at 10:14 AM