Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 51

980 Ti confirmed to have 6GB of VRAM and have a GM200-310 GPU. What the -310 means is anyone's guess, but the rumor has changed to the 980 Ti not being as powerful as the Titan X. While I wasn't hoping to hear that, it makes sense seeing as anything faster than the Titan X is likely going to cannibalize its sales.

http://videocardz.com/55419/nvidia-g...ure-6gb-memory

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I found a tech post that says 24Gb is the minimum recommended RAM for using the Titan X.

http://forums.evga.com/System-Requir...2.aspx#2310149
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-requirements/

I was at Cyberpowerpc and selected a system with 16GB RAM and they mentioned nothing about it. I also took the printout to a local computer store and they mentioned nothing about it. Maybe the minimum RAM requirement is not a big deal.
    That's old information. Only 8GB is required and 16GB is recommended.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-gtx-titan-x/buy-gpu

I cannot find the post at the moment, but Jacob from EVGA explained that if for some reason the VRAM needed to move into the system RAM, you would need that much available or else you'd likely crash. Seeing as most GPUs are only equipped with 4GB at most these days, this has never been an issue.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Benjii View Post
    Anyone multiboxing WoW in 4k with Titans? I'm currently running 8-clients in 4k with i7-5960X and 2 980's in SLI, but I have to keep settings very low. I'm thinking bout upgrading to 2 Titans X but its quite an investment.
    I can test for you. How is your config, full screen stacked? Or leave room for VFX viewers? I can do 6 clients @ 4k and report on the stats.
    Right now I run 1440p windows in ultra with viewers to the side. Vram is ~ 5gb (don't remember exact number) and gpu load is less than half.
    GTA V runs over 90% load and ~ 5.2 gb vram.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

I'm very curious about the results too, how about 5 boxing, 4k display, full screen stacked with VFX viewers on second screen?

I wonder would Titan perform better compared to 2 x 980 SLI cards (or two titans I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
    I can test for you. How is your config, full screen stacked? Or leave room for VFX viewers? I can do 6 clients @ 4k and report on the stats.
    Right now I run 1440p windows in ultra with viewers to the side. Vram is ~ 5gb (don't remember exact number) and gpu load is less than half.

Quote Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
    If you're still checking this thread, then I'd like a test to be run. The 980 Ti comes out in ~1 week, and I need to know whether 6GB will be a limiting factor for me when running a 2160 resolution. I fear that it will be, but I'd like to make sure before I drop the big dollars on multiple Titan Xs.

I'd like to know the GPU load and VRAM usage in a few different situations (preferably read with GPU-Z).

Number of Clients: 5
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    API: DirectX 11
    In-game Presets: Ultra/High/Good
    Framerate: 60/30 and 60/20
    Location: Draenor (Shadowmoon Valley) > Draenor (Nagrand) > Pandaria (Jade Forest) > Elwynn Forest (in order of my preference—you only need to choose one)
    Camera Angle: They don't have to be perfectly aligned, but I'd prefer them to be looking in the same direction as whichever location/screenshot you choose, and not zoomed in and staring at the ground. The load on the GPU can change drastically depending on which direction the camera is looking.
    Other: Responsiveness/Choppiness of the game clients if you're pushing max load/VRAM, and whether you were running 60/30 or 60/20. Long stuttering? Hard lock-ups for 2-3 seconds? Smooth sailing?

I'd prefer it if you ran around in a circle or something for a moment when testing to let all of the game clients eat up their surrounding area and load it into the VRAM—This will also reveal if there is any stuttering. I will also ask that you log out to the character selection screen after changing in-game video setting presets because I don't know how well the game client is going to flush/purge what it doesn't need in the VRAM when it has so much available, and logging all the way out to the character selection screen should force that to happen.

I think that's it—Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    I wonder would Titan perform better compared to 2 x 980 SLI cards (or two titans I guess)
    This is a late reply, but seeing as two GTX 980s is only worth 4GB of VRAM, you're probably going to be hitting the limit quicker than you want.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Updated original post (finally). More to come on June 2nd when both nVidia and AMD reveal what they've got in store at Computex 2015.

Blog Entries

I'm really curious to see how the ti compares to 970s in sli. I've been holding off on my
    main rig until I see some numbers on the video card battle.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    I'm really curious to see how the ti compares to 970s in sli. I've been holding off on my
    main rig until I see some numbers on the video card battle.
    Well, if you want to look at the leaks and rumors:

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-390x-nvid...nx-benchmarks/

"GM200 Cut" is the 980 Ti in those leaked benchmarks. Whether they're accurate or not is another story.

Otherwise, it would seem we have our first leaked review of the 980 Ti from China.

http://vga.zol.com.cn/522/5229872.html

EDIT:

Forbes had an article up, but it was then taken down. The internet went ahead and got a screenshot before that happened:

http://i.imgur.com/tbGTqXg.jpg

Looks like the 980 Ti is on par with the Titan X, but with only ( >_> ) 6GB of VRAM.
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-31-2015 at 05:41 PM

The NDA has been lifted on the 980 Ti and several reviews have been added to the original post. The reference model starts at $650, comes with 6GB of VRAM and is within 5% of the Titan X...

...and I think three of them would look great in my case. >_>

Just ordered one!

Update: So i ordered mine before work. Newegg had several listed "in stock" with a few already listed as "out of stock"..now it just has two and they say "Coming Soon" lol.. did they trick me?
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 06-01-2015 at 05:31 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I bought a EVGA 980 Ti 6GB, a huge upgrade from my old 580 GTX 4GB.

GTAV looks amazing, ultra settings 1080p @ 60fps.

Witcher3 looks amazing...so beautiful on ultra settings.