Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Star Trek Online

I never played STO before today and found out it is free to play which has made me think about boxing again. I saw XIX's videos and was pretty impressed! What server do those who box STO use? I think I am going to give this a shot.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Ugh, can't get the windows setup right! Part of the window is hidden and ISBoxer thinks my main monitor is monitor 2.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Windows acceptable now outside of the main monitor being identified as #2. However, when I load the game with ISBoxer the login times out.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    Windows acceptable now outside of the main monitor being identified as #2. However, when I load the game with ISBoxer the login times out.
    Do you have ISBoxer set to skip the launcher? Someone recently posted this solution on the isboxer.com STO forum: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31121#p31121

From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong please) there are 2 profiles for Star Trek Online that isboxer creates when you install isboxer.

The first is: Star Trek Online Default Profile

The second is: Star Trek Online No Patch

The first profile uses the Star Trek Online Launcher and launches the game using the Star Trek Online.exe file.

The second profile does NOT use the Star Trek Online Launcher and launches the game using the GameClient.exe file.

It does not appear anyone is having problems using the first profile. The one named "Star Trek Online Default Profile".

It does appear to me that STO players are having problems with the second profile. The one named "Star Trek Online No Patch"

When using that second profile you get an error that say's "connecting to login server" which eventually times out and say's "Connection to account server timed out" I don't know why it don't work, but I have a fix for it that works for me.

Highlight all this red text: -locale English -server 208.95.186.11 -server 208.95.186.32 -server 208.95.186.13 -server 208.95.186.12 -server 208.95.186.37 ctrl + c it or right click and select copy.

Now right click the Innerspace icon in your system tray - select "configuration" (this open the "Innerspace configuration window") - click the "game configuration" tab - using the first drop down arrow select "Star Trek Online" - using the second drop down arrow select "Star Trek Online No Patch" - Now where it says "Main executable parameters" click the input field until you see a cursor and ctrl + v to paste the command line parameter you copied earlier - click "apply" and close the Innerspace uplink window.

You should now be able to launch STO using the "Star Trek Online No Patch" profile.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I tried this earlier and couldn't get it to work. For one I don't see a game tab in configuration. I also tried to add the parameters in the xml file but ISBoxer didn't like it. I created a new game profile and added it but that didn't work either. I followed your video instructions to the tee multiple times and I still can't get the clients to connect to the server. I get a timeout.

BTW, I got the monitor thing worked out.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

[quote]For one I don't see a game tab in configuration.[quote]
    This wiki page has details on how to edit an existing Game Profile... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

You can just set your Characters to not use the "No Patch" profile for STO. In the top left pane under Characters, select each one and then in the Game Profile box instead of "Star Trek Online No Patch" set it to "Star Trek Online Default Profile"
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I am not sure what happened earlier but I was able to see the game tab and made the changes and I am in!! Thanks so much Joe!!
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Any update on how it's going?
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".