Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Very low cost config for 5 boxes

Hello.
    I would like to become a multiboxer I already have 3 boxes for learn and test, but I have dinosaur computer, and i can't play without lags... This why I ask your help.
    I have very little money available, but I already bought the RAM (8 GB DDR3), and graphic card GTX 650, but now I must change my processor... Actually i have "Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 - 3 GHZ"... So i have saw this "AMD FX 6300 - Black Edition", but i don't know if it is good for multiboxing.
    If it's not good, can you propose me other processor for ~110$. I just want to have 5 boxes with low graphics, and no lags.

Thank you

Your graphics card should be fine as it's roughly equivalent to a GTX560.

The FX6300 is cheap for a reason. It's roughly equivalent to an i5-760 (3 generations old) and not something I would recommend to anyone.

If your budget for CPU is $110, you won't even get a good 5-boxing CPU for that. And the motherboard it uses is LGA775, which would need to be upgraded as well to support current i5/i7 CPUs (or even the current AMD CPUs that are fast enough to 5-box with), so that's another $150. Then you'd have to upgrade the memory too, which is another $115-150. Power supply might be OK depending on how old it is.

What's your budget?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Hi, thank you for replying.
    Currenty i run 3 accounts on my PC with 2GB RAM, my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, and my old graphics card (Nvidia 880Gtx) without lags, but i can't do 5 accounts. I do not think 2 more accounts will requires more 8GB RAM.. My remainimg budget is a maximum of $130.
    I remember i want to play in very low graphics.
    Regards, Karazonn.

Well, there's no guarantee but you might be able to find an old Core 2 Quad that supports your current LGA775 motherboard (just make sure it supports your FSB speed e.g. 1333MHz, etc.). That'll double the cores and might get you enough to run 5. I know people used to run 5 on a Q6600 back in the WoW 1.0 days but the engine has grown so much since then. If you're running them at like 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution and DX9 with basically all the graphics features turned off....maybe.

That's about the best I can think of without doing more or less a system upgrade. Good luck.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 03-05-2015 at 03:53 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)