Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 35

Default Introducing the WoW Token

Update:

A handy site for tracking the token:

https://wowtoken.info/

----------------

Update:

Token will be available in the North American region starting April 7th, 2015 for 30,000 gold:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/183...ril-7-4-6-2015

----------------

Update:

Blizzard finally released more information on the WoW Token:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/183...ails-3-23-2015

----------------

The latest blog post revealing more details about buying subscription time with gold:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/181...token-3-2-2015
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-07-2015 at 01:28 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Some things I wonder why.

Q: Can I resell a WoW Token after I’ve purchased it for gold?
    A: No, each WoW Token can only be sold once. After you purchase a Token for gold, it becomes Soulbound. At that point, it can only be redeemed for game time.
    Q: I need gold! How do I sell a WoW Token to another player?
    A: You’ll be able to sell WoW Tokens through a dedicated Token exchange in the Auction House, located in a new Game Time section. WoW Tokens cannot be traded or sold any other way.

In Rift (they call it REX not tokens), three things I do are stock up on REX when they are cheap in AH, trade them to my alts when needed, or relist them in AH if prices go way up.

I wonder why they just couldn't make tokens a regular item to be bought and sold for whatever reason I want?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Some things I wonder why.

In Rift (they call it REX not tokens), three things I do are stock up on REX when they are cheap in AH, trade them to my alts when needed, or relist them in AH if prices go way up.

I wonder why they just couldn't make tokens a regular item to be bought and sold for whatever reason I want?
    Because some intrepid souls would figure out how to use it beyond the scope of the original design, causing complaints or other undesired behavior.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Hmm. This may get me back into wow. It would depend on the cost of the tokens. If I can pay for game time like I did in eve with in game money I may have to dust off my wow isboxer configs and relearn the game again.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Some more info on the matter, including some statements from Ion Hazzikostas: http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/02/wo...-cow/view-all/

Some highlights from the article:
    • Slated for patch 6.1.2, a small update that will hit the Public Test Realm in the near future
    • Region-wide exchange, not limited to your realm(s)
    • Reactivate lapsed accounts from the character selection screen (provided you have enough gold)
    • Blizzard will set the starting price, after that it's up to supply and demand
    • Changes are considered with regard to BoE epics (from raids as well as the BMAH)
    Last edited by MultiBear : 03-02-2015 at 06:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    Changes are considered with regard to BoE epics (from raids as well as the BMAH)
    Does this mean they are going to nerf BoE epics?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Does this mean they are going to nerf BoE epics?
    I certainly hope not. It is the most reliable way to make money for my teams and, more broadly, provides a great way for people to gear up their alts. The number of trash runs being advertised (especially when a raid is fairly new) means a TON of players enjoy them. This would eliminate a significant percentage of game time for a lot of folks if they did away with them.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Blog Entries

Anyone have a price guess? I'd say this is worth it at 30k for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Because Gold Goblins would buy them all up with TSM snipe and control the prices. The intention of this tool was to allow normal folks a chance to buy the tokens. I can see a need for multiboxers to activate secondary and Tertiary accounts that cant use the AH to purchase items though. I'm sure that you can work with customer service to gift excess time to your other accounts.

Last edited by JackBurton : 03-03-2015 at 01:01 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

don't look like we got long to wait on this one

The patch already has hit ptrs

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...1-Known-Issues