Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 35

One of the main reasons they are not allowing the items to be traded after being purchased is the after market effect it would have. Knowing there have been quite a few dupe methods since WOD has launched gold has plummeted in value and websites/dupers/currency flippers would just buy them and re-sell them for less than blizzard is asking for their normal gametime vs real world money.

Its not really anything to do with the economic impact it simply is a measure taken to prevent this third party market. They wouldn't really care because people are buying the tokens at their price to begin with but it subsequently would possibly have very harsh repercussions on the sale of game time to those who actually pay for the game themselves. Why buy from blizzard for $15 when you can go buy a token from XYZ site for $8? If one doesn't want to spend their gold and would rather use $.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Blog Entries

Despite being a gold goblin myself I'm ok with the restriction although I wish it would accommodate multi-account players a little bit better. The last thing we needed was dozens of scammers barking to sell tokens in trade.

Yea I have 50 level 100's got them to that level in the month then after spending $250 for WOD I did not want to renew my sub along with WOD was so boring and I said its not worth $90 a month. So now with this I might play again I have so much damn gold I dont know what to do with it, about time they did this.

Also I am with Lux if this was BOE it would destroy the market with gold sellers holding it all once again.

Love the Game Token, waiting for it!!

If I can save myself, x5 sub fee's actually 6, 1 is my daughters then I am all for it.

I have alot of gold, nothing much to do with it, and this will help me, keep my accounts active, since in a few months my finances will slow down for a short while and I soooooooo want to RAF 1 more account for the mount, so saving money on sub fee's can go towards a new account, 2 month sub fee for it and obtain the amount and then leave the raf account die off.

I have 12 lvl 100's dont think I want anymore, I still have a tonne of lvl 90's on another realm, I cannot afford to xfer to where all my active 100's are.

I plan to wait, and camp the AH as soon as these tokens are going live and buy maybe 20 straight off, if there will be any in there and at around 30-40k each and stack game times onto my accounts and be all merry!

They're starting it off at $20, but we'll have to wait and see how much gold it's going to cost in game after the initial rush to the AH calms down, which will probably be a few weeks.

Updated the OP.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Any guesses on how much gold it'll cost?

I'm ball-parking 20-30k per token.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

It will be available in the North American region starting tomorrow (April 7th, 2015) for 30,000 gold:

Update: The WoW Token will be going live in the Americas region (North America, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand) on April 7 when maintenance concludes, at approximately 10 a.m. PDT. The WoW Token will be available for $20 USD/$25 AUD from the in-game Shop, and will be set at a starting price of 30,000 gold in the Auction House across the Americas region. From that point forward, the gold price will automatically fluctuate based on player supply and demand. To start we’ll be limiting the number of Token purchases to 10 within a 30-day period, but this limit may be adjusted over time. While Tokens will be available immediately from the Shop, please note that there may be a delay before Tokens put up for sale on the Auction House become available for purchase with gold.

We’ll announce additional regional details closer to the launch of the WoW Token in other regions.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/183...ril-7-4-6-2015
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

30k......

I dont believe I would ever have to pay for wow again. Only question being do i want to play wow again. hmmm

Starting at 30k, not staying I'm interested to see how it trends over the first month or two.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Starting at 30k, not staying I'm interested to see how it trends over the first month or two.
    Sure prices will change, but blizz sets the price based on supply on demand. We have no idea on how high or low they are setting those price points. Guessing by a starting price of 30k that 15k is the low end and 45k is the high. So the total fluctuations are not that large.