Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Do I come back to multiboxing or stick to 1 account?

So back in Cata i used to run 5 accounts and enjoyed solo running dungeons and BG's. Work died out and I couldn't afford it so I dropped 4 accounts then played a little into MOP. I got bored and left.

I have now come back and am running 1 account at the moment but it doesn't seem enough for me.

In the downtime when I was not playing WoW I was 9 boxing Eve Online before they went and killed isboxer and killing my gamestyle.

Now if I come back with more accounts in WoW I believe the /follow is broken in BG's? so that kinda rules that out for me. That leaves me with dungeons, LFR and maybe Raids all depending on my guild.

I am thinking 2 or maybe 3 accounts. I can do multiple DPS or tank/DPS combo and will be starting fresh chars as I am now on a different server.

The hard part is spenting all the money a month, with Eve online I paid for all of my account subs with PLEX so i never spend a $ on it after the first few months.

I find it hard to give you any advice on the matter, for the simple reason that I can't tell you how much fun you'd get out of it and whether the amount of money you'd have to spend on it is worth that enjoyment. I personally scaled back from six to five accounts recently, and while I do smirk at the monthly cost at times, I also know I have one hell of a lot of fun multiboxing World of Warcraft for that price.

However, one thing I do want to mention is that not too long ago Blizzard announced they're considering introducing game time tokens into World of Warcraft that can be bought from them, and sold in-game to other players for gold: in essence, Blizzard's version of PLEX. If cost is indeed an issue (and please don't get me wrong, I'm not in the least pretending multiboxing WoW isn't an expensive hobby!), then perhaps that's something to hold out for? It could certainly (help you) take care of the financial side of it.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 03-01-2015 at 02:11 AM

if they do introduce an in game item for game time that would convince me to defiantly look at more accounts.

I keep asking myself the same thing too. Is it worth it for me to get back into boxing again? I really miss it - but at the same time will I get the same enjoyment out of it like I used too.

And sadly, I think I keep getting to the point where I just don't think I will be enjoying it as much.

And there we go, Blizzard just made this announcement today: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/181...token-3-2-2015

I'm sure my post from yesterday reminded them of it, rather than this just being a coincidence, right? /tinfoilhat

Must have. Once this is in and I can get a idea on gold per token im definatly back to more accounts

I miss multiboxing in battlegrounds so much it hurts, but i still enjoy using my boxing to help my solo play characters and twinks and doing LFR. Havent eared a team to run raids myself yet. With high burst the heroics are a joke, not as much as wotlk, but getting there.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer