Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Patch 6.1 changes

A few comments:
    • Hearth to Garrison no longer points you at the war table: WHY?!? /boggle
    • Low-level missions always appear: Pointless for me, and my perception is that I lost some 95-100 missions in the bargain.
    • New blood-elf models: HOLY SHIT WHAT DID THEY DO TO HER FEET? My paladins went from a women's size 9 to a men's 14. OUR BLOOD ELF BOOTS WILL STOMP OUT THE SUN, FRUIT VENDOR! Maybe it's been that way for a while and I just now noticed but lol. (P.S.A.: make sure you turn on safe-search before googling blood elf armor...)
    • Selfie-cam: this should be interesting to see how many people die trying to take selfies in the middle of a fight.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I'm happy with the bigger feet :P

I made a Belf Dk team.. tried Frost in Ramps and it wasnt great.. but as Blood they do more dps and can selfheal.. not sure if they may need a healer later or not.. trying to get used to a melee team as I usually fail.. but it's not going too badly.. funny when they run off through the dungeon & I realise a wee bit too late

Loving the new models.. here are my gals.. Guildname - "Apocalyptic Ångels"

Last edited by Andreauk : 02-26-2015 at 04:53 AM

- Interacting with the flight master doesn't dismount you.
    - Being mounted no longer precludes you from taking a flight, you auto dismount and start flying. No more leaving a team member behind because they were shape shifted or mounted.
    - When you take a flight shape shifted you land at your destination in that shifted form.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

If anyone is interested in the changes to video settings in 6.1, I made a video which covers a lot of it about a week and a half ago:

Dropping the render scale down on the slaves will help performance. The in-game slider only allows you to drop down to 50%, but it can be dropped to 10% if you really miss 8-bit Nintendo games via the console command:
    Code:
    /console renderscale VALUE
    It can be set to any value between .1 (10%) and 2 (200%).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Dropping the render scale down on the slaves will help performance. The in-game slider only allows you to drop down to 50%, but it can be dropped to 10% if you really miss 8-bit Nintendo games via the console command:
    Code:
    /console renderscale VALUE
    It can be set to any value between .1 (10%) and 2 (200%).
    Ya, nice video on it, and I'm personally very happy about this option. I'm not very bothered about video quality on my slaves so dropping the render scale to save resources is just lovely. Might even end up running 10 now that it seems more viable with my hardware.
    And as it doesn't affect the UI elements, healing bars and such are left unaffected so no inaccuracies occur when broadcasting clicks. Next up: Command line WoW!

Some other things I've noticed:

At least on my 5, running in to Ashran at the same time leads to the toons being in multiple different phases, but if you enter with one and then run the others in, they get put in the same phasing. However, they've nerfed conquest in Ashran (only 100 per event now and 0 from the main battle). On top of this I've yet to get put in to a phase where horde stands a chance at taking the events or even rarely has sizeable group going. Back to capping in 2s I guess. -.-

Starfall is worse by miles now. As it now has the prerequisite of not hitting targets unless they have your moon/sunfire applied on them, getting it to hit enough targets is a real pain unless the targets are very neatly stacked and you either use Celestial Alignment or are in Solar Eclipse (which nerfs starfall damage of course). I do not understand why they simply did not have it hit targets you are in combat with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Starfall is worse by miles now. As it now has the prerequisite of not hitting targets unless they have your moon/sunfire applied on them, getting it to hit enough targets is a real pain unless the targets are very neatly stacked and you either use Celestial Alignment or are in Solar Eclipse (which nerfs starfall damage of course). I do not understand why they simply did not have it hit targets you are in combat with.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=40916/gl...-untamed-stars

you beat me!

Anyway in other news

Other changes:
    • StarterAcconts now can use battle.net (RaF summons/whisper)
    • You can Send a whisper to any char on any server. (if this is to stay then doing jamba with CR Would make it super easy)

About the fight master stuff as well Jamba support the new exit button (in-case you missed it)

Ah, will have to pick that one up. For some reason I thought it was a major glyph.