Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Default Latest RAF/Boosting Outline?

So I am new to boxing really...and WoD as well.

Whats the current must effective way to level a team? Whats the latest RAF system like? Any new tricks or preps you make before you level a new team?

Whats the cheapest way to buy 5 accounts and get them leveled through 100?

With the 6.1 heirloom changes, how do you use heirlooms now? Any other new items that you use to help your leveling? Mounts?

Hopefully this isnt too newb-like to get some good conversation started, maybe even something stickied as I am sure new folks would like to understand this and its a common question.

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    So I am new to boxing really...and WoD as well.
    It's fine to be new to WoD, but you've been registered on this site for over 6 years and have several posts -- I'm just a little confused with your statement of being "new to boxing."

Whats the current must effective way to level a team?
    This is what I tell everyone who asks me this question...

The most effective path is the one that you:

• Find most enjoyable
    • Find most tolerable
    • Are most comfortable with

If you don't meet at least one of the above bits of criteria, then you're probably going to burn yourself out quicker than you'd like, and burning yourself out would, most likely, be the opposite of what you want.

Whats the latest RAF system like?
    I don't exactly know how to answer this, but I don't think the base RaF system has changed since it was implemented, and it has only increased in levels.

Whats the cheapest way to buy 5 accounts and get them leveled through 100?
    Either through the Blizzard store, or through Amazon.

With the 6.1 heirloom changes, how do you use heirlooms now?
    I imagine people use heirlooms in the exact same manner as before -- To equip onto their characters and gain additional experience without having to continuously upgrade the gear slots which the heirlooms occupy. If someone wasn't using RaF, then the only reason to not use heirlooms would be if you didn't have matching sets because it might offset character experience.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

I love that I no longer have to use a central heirloom bank character. I also like (but not love because of the price) that my heirlooms can just be upgraded to 100.

I wont be upgrading mine to 100.. I like to do all of the quests and pick up all of the followers & levelling is pretty fast and not worth the upgrade cost.

I dont LFR anymore, (tried it and all the wiping and bad attitudes for a chance at upgrades I can get better of via the garrison or AH - no thanks), so there's no rush for me. My boxing will always be about doing all the old content for mogs and achievements now.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-27-2015 at 04:51 AM

I got all the heirlooms and upgraded them all to Level 100. Cost me quite a bit, but I'm a collector. Just missing the Alliance insignia, Brawler item, and Dread Pirate ring (no longer obtainable?) . I also don't have the Garrosh weapons. Too bad they don't drop anymore.

While I was doing that, there was at least 100 people all crowding the vendor doing the same thing. So if Blizzard wanted to remove a lot of gold from the economy, I'd say they were quite successful.

I got the garrosh weapons, but they are replaced not long after hitting lvl 100.. wish I hadn't bothered now.. I paid for a few boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Dread Pirate ring (no longer obtainable?)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=122529/dread-pirate-ring

World Event: Stranglethorn Fishing Tournament
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Well, new as in I have never done it. My PC sucks...

But I also get burned out on dealing with asshats while doing randoms. I am married with kids now so my play time is sporadic and HAS to be flexible. I cant be tied to raid nights/times or the 1hr it takes to get a random sometimes. I LOVE the idea of running my own group to do the things I want to do....but the PC is still an issue but I might have that resolved soon.

I guess I am just curios on the process people use to get the new accounts bought, registered and then started up. Is it really just buy 5 base wows, register them all to one email address, Account A invites B -C -D -E -A through RAF and then run? Guess I figure its more complicated then that but since I have never done it myself...I could be wrong.

Is it better in the long run to just get the $39.99 WOD box or do I need to buy all the expansions up to and including WOD? Or can I start with the $18 base...level to 60 and then buy the expansions from there? $200 in WOD accounts is a hefty starting bill...plus the $75 per month.
    Last edited by kalos72 : 02-27-2015 at 11:28 PM

The previous expansions have been merged together. What that means is, the base WoW license now includes everything up to and including Mists of Pandaria, and the only expansion you'll have to buy in order to get to max level (currently level 100) is Warlords of Dreanor. You can choose to play until level 90 and at a later date decide to purchase the Warlords of Dreanor expansion if you'd like.

Something to keep in mind is that if you buy a World of Warcraft license through the Blizzard store, you usually get the option of purchasing the Warlords of Dreanor expansion at the same time as a combo for a discounted price. I can't tell you whether that'll be cheaper for you than buying the expansion from Amazon (for example), but for me personally, that combo price has often (but not always) been so competitive that I've not wanted to bother with having a box shipped to me from elsewhere.

One other thing to mention is that the Warlords of Dreanor expansion comes with the perk of a level 90 boost: it allows you to create a level 1 character on those licenses and then within a few mouse clicks, turn that into a level 90 character with some level appropriate gear. It works on higher level characters as well, but a new license wouldn't have any yet at the start, of course. This is something that may help you depending on what you'd like to do in the game as a multiboxer, and how you'd like to level. Some of us multibox our teams through the entire levelling process, others (like myself) use a high level character to boost lowbies on the other licenses to a certain point first before they'll actively get played. Having some high level characters right off the bat may help with that, or could help you with generating some gold early on in order to buy heirlooms for example.

It can be a hefty starting bill indeed, and I think it also depends on how certain you are this is a hobby you'll want to pursue in the long run. After all, you can also simply opt to stick to the base license and stop at level 90 for the time being, perhaps even level multiple teams to get your feet wet, things like that, and then later on decide later whether to get Warlords of Dreanor or not.

In any case, what you mentioned is really just it: create a Battle.net account if you don't have one yet, buy WoW licences for them (and the WoD expansion if you so choose), chain those up through the Recruit-A-Friend program and off you go.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 02-28-2015 at 06:27 PM

Thanks Multibear!

I have a main account with multiple toons that can boost...do you care/try to have the new mutliboxed accounts separate from the main so there is no "trail" or am I over thinking it? I dont want to see my main account banned or something should I do something stupid on the new accounts.