Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default EQ2 3 box w/ Mercs question

Hey guys... back to EQ2 after like 4 years. I don't really know how good each Merc is and stuff like that.

So I will be using ISBoxer, 3 accounts. I am considering SK, Warlock and Necro that I will be controlling and then have a Warden, Templar and Troub as the Mercs.

Again, haven't played in years and I am sure I am not taking a lot of things into account to be able to be self sufficient and see as much content as possible.

Can anyone recommend a better setup?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-25-2015 at 05:38 AM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
    Hey guys... back to EQ2 after like 4 years. I don't really know how good each Merc is and stuff like that.

So I will be using ISBoxer, 3 accounts. I am considering SK, Warlock and Necro that I will be controlling and then have a Warden, Templar and Troub as the Mercs.

Again, haven't played in years and I am sure I am not taking a lot of things into account to be able to be self sufficient and see as much content as possible.

Thanks in advance.
    It has been a year or so since I last played. I was doing 4 chars + 2 mercs.
    The Mercs were really hit and miss. From memory the Dirge was awesome and so was the Inquisitor. The Warden got a very bad rap for not actually healing, maybe they have fixed the script in the mean time. I used the Ranger Fairy for ranged DPS and the Shadowknight was good as well.
    At the time I took 3 chars (Swash, Bruiser and Warden from 1 to 85 and made an 85 Dirge to join the group. 1-90 is a breeze and really fun to multi box, doesn't really matter what you do with your characters as you just steamroll stuff.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-25-2015 at 05:39 AM Reason: Formatting
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    It has been a year or so since I last played. I was doing 4 chars + 2 mercs.
    The Mercs were really hit and miss. From memory the Dirge was awesome and so was the Inquisitor. The Warden got a very bad rap for not actually healing, maybe they have fixed the script in the mean time. I used the Ranger Fairy for ranged DPS and the Shadowknight was good as well.
    At the time I took 3 chars (Swash, Bruiser and Warden from 1 to 85 and made an 85 Dirge to join the group. 1-90 is a breeze and really fun to multi box, doesn't really matter what you do with your characters as you just steamroll stuff.
    Thanks much for your reply... Question: How did you box a Bruiser and a swash? I am not super advanced at ISBoxer yet, so how did you make the swash do damage with melee if the bruiser was tanking? Isn't positioning important? and if so, how do you position the swish correctly? Is there a command that would, for example, always make the melee box get close to the MOB in EQ2? I would LOVE a full melee team but just didn't think it was possible unless there arr some commands with ISBoxer that allows this to happen.

Not really commands, just positioning.

Melee Warden, Dirge and Swash follow the Bruiser. Bruiser targets a mob and runs through it to just the other side. Mob turns to face the bruiser and the followers are behind the mob.
    When switching to another mob the Bruiser slides around it until the followers are behind. Works really well. With some simple macros the Swash can enter stealth and then get off the big backstabs. Although I found the Swash is best at AOEs.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Not really commands, just positioning.

Melee Warden, Dirge and Swash follow the Bruiser. Bruiser targets a mob and runs through it to just the other side. Mob turns to face the bruiser and the followers are behind the mob.
    When switching to another mob the Bruiser slides around it until the followers are behind. Works really well. With some simple macros the Swash can enter stealth and then get off the big backstabs. Although I found the Swash is best at AOEs.
    Ahh I understand... ok. Well that actually would make it a lot more fun and interesting as opposed to just pulling and creating nuke macros. I like it and am going to try it. Thanks much for your input!

One other question... how critical is FD? Does the benefit you get from being able to just run past a lot of trash mobs and FD wherever you want to go outweigh their lack of tanking ability (if there is a lack... just don't know as I have always heard Brawlers aren't good tanks for 90+ content)

Any input?

Quote Originally Posted by blazicks View Post
    One other question... how critical is FD? Does the benefit you get from being able to just run past a lot of trash mobs and FD wherever you want to go outweigh their lack of tanking ability (if there is a lack... just don't know as I have always heard Brawlers aren't good tanks for 90+ content)

Any input?
    With my multiboxing team I never used FD, I would just run through the mobs until a had a big bunch and then AOE them to death. Lotsa fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Hello Bevo,

I like you’re thinking on your Party Makeup.

My friend was going to go the same route but I convinced them to play all 6, it is after all free to play.

I run a full group, so I cannot communicate exactly if the mercs get some of the class specific nice abilities one expects.

SK is my favorite so you have my full support there!

Because you’ve been gone a while. You need to know the roll of Warlock has changed. Consider the rolls of Wizard and Warlock reversed. End Game Wizard is the AOE master, also reaches stacks faster and can parse pretty nicely.

Necro is really strong right now, very powerful, played right it’s one of the top parsing. Plus if you wipe the Necro can rez itself, then the rest of your group!

Mercs:

Warden solid choice

Templar – Reactive heals used to be good, this expansion not so much. Because a lot of your group is wearing epic toilet paper (cloth) for armor. I would recommend a Defiler. When the wards wear off and take damage the warden will fill them back up. Keeping the group very stable and on top of everything. Perfect healer combo for this group.

Troub: Pretty awesome to have. However you may need to switch this out for a sourcer merc once in a while for some fights as there are power drains.

Here is my 6 man group layout.

SK : Because it’s sexy
    Necro: Top parsing machine, easy to play.
    Defiler: Wards are nice. Easy to play
    Wizard: AOE king at the moment
    Troub: So many benefits
    Illy : Time warp and power feed. Required end game for some fights.
    I dinged 82 last night for the full group. Going pretty strong.

Note: I intend to take the Wizard out and replace it with a Warden on a lot of content (my GF plays the warden). Having two healers makes life easier, that’s for sure. Just trying to catch up to her in levels at this point shes a leveling machine.

Good luck! I'm having a blast. Came back and the PVP server is dead so playing PVE anything for the first time since, like 2004 lol.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.