Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32

updated a few posts (Xander for instance has stated he is for everything EXCEPT Input Duplication, so assuming that doesnt mean he's against VFX and Round-Robin I have in the "For" column with an *.

I'd point out that Corbexx is relatively for multiboxing.

I was, and still am, personally in agreement with CCP's removal of input duplication, as the shenanigans that can be done escalate pretty quickly. He agrees with me on that, is a pretty good friend, and has always been very open minded in terms of multiboxing.

He recognizes that we're just people who play the game, like everyone else. We both agree that people shouldn't be running 40man incursions solo with something that doesn't resemble eve at all, but there's nothing wrong or broken with people playing multiple accounts in much the same way as everyone else.

I'm not sure how voting is going this year, but he's definitely gonna be one of my top picks / vote.

Except Bikkus sunk massive amounts of ISK and time into his setup, so why are we punishing him for that? Shall we also punish titan pilots who can take a carrier off the field with the push of a button? A single group of talos or catalysts will render a site's work wasted for him. For any VG boxer, a catalyst or talos fleet will stop the ISK income for a day, and if they catch a ship, they'll render two days wasted. For the multibombers, they're on the record stating that defensive bubbles will stop them from a bombing run. For the multiminers, again, catalysts are the source of income disruption. We shouldn't be punished because someone doesn't want to hop into a Talos or Catalyst.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Except Bikkus sunk massive amounts of ISK and time into his setup, so why are we punishing him for that? Shall we also punish titan pilots who can take a carrier off the field with the push of a button? A single group of talos or catalysts will render a site's work wasted for him. For any VG boxer, a catalyst or talos fleet will stop the ISK income for a day, and if they catch a ship, they'll render two days wasted. For the multibombers, they're on the record stating that defensive bubbles will stop them from a bombing run. For the multiminers, again, catalysts are the source of income disruption. We shouldn't be punished because someone doesn't want to hop into a Talos or Catalyst.
    The amount of isk invested has absolutely nothing to do with whether something should be nerfed or not - the point is you shouldn't nerf things too far when you're doing the nerfing.

Counterpoint? Supercaps.

Titans. Back in the day, they had DDs that could target everything, they could be tracking fit and blap almost anything off the field, especially if it was moving in a straight line with no transversal. This was before t2 siege, so they were also the highest dps ships in the game bar none.

Supercarriers - Before fighterbombers were nerfed, they shot actual missiles. With a few target painters on your target, you could use your fighterbombers to apply nearly 8k dps and 120k alpha almost 100% onto nearly any target in the game.

Both of these were incredibly broken things. If you don't believe me, watch the first seven minutes of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4lWgEaEIc especially the wyvern footage.
    CCP ended up nerfing Titans into being completely useless EXCEPT for their one broken ability - DD, which are now only used in no risk gank situations, or for the once a year massive lagfest because no other weapons BESIDES DD work in such hi lag situations. This effectively turned the game into the boring blue blobfest we have today, since the only remaining tactic was the one goons already used - bring the biggest blob of subcaps to the field or fuck off.

Supercarriers were nerfed into uselessness as well, until very recently when they were rebuffed a bit so you could do some things with fighters.

When CCP nerfed Titans, there were several hundred in the game. Between PL and Raiden, we had almost half of the active titans in the game iirc. Collectively, that massive collection of military hardware worth >30 trillion isk(very low estimate, not counting inactives, and this is just those two alliances TITANs - forget the supercarriers) was nerfed into complete uselessness overnight.

No matter how much time or isk Bikkus sunk into his setup, it wasn't even close to the amount of time and isk sunk into the pre-nerf supercap fleets.

The point is - instead of outright banning multiboxing, or isboxer, and making his entire setup 100% useless, much like CCP did in the case of supers, they only gave it a soft nerf - to input broadcasting. There is nothing wrong with this, much like there'd be nothing wrong with CCP objectively looking at titans, preserving them as an antiblob weapon, but removing the more broken/stupid things like jump bridge or DD from them.

CCP's removal of input broadcasting was very measured, showed quite some restraint, and as we've proven since - it hasn't killed multiboxing, nor has it crippled/effected anyone beyond the lazy, incompetent, or those pushing things a little too far.

Most of us adapted, and are continuing much as before without issue.

You could always do something with titans (bridges, clone vat bays) and supercarriers (skynet fighters / repping, remote ECM bursts). Just because people were too chicken to use them doesn't mean they were useless. CCP gave people the tools, and people refused to use the tools.
    Just like multiboxing. CCP didn't magic-away Catalysts and Talos, people just refused to use them, and instead whined on the forums and cried in petitions.

Unless you missed it, CCP did basically ban multiboxing. Rollover, round robin, running fast enough with videoFX, are all being banned by GMs, CCP refuses to say anything, lied to us when they said they'd have a sit-down, and certain CCP and CSM members are on the record for stating that they want to ban actual multiboxing / multiple accounts per person.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

What's Corbexx position on Round Robin, Rollover and VFX?

also BTW, your voting is saved when you login / logout of your accounts... so voting will be pretty easy....

NO MATTER WHO YOU VOTE FOR, please go out and vote! This is an important election for 0.0 Sov, WH mechanics and Multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    What's Corbexx position on Round Robin, Rollover and VFX?
    So far as I know he shares my beliefs that Round Robin/Rollover might be "shenanigans" that CCP might take offense to.

People are welcome to do em, but they might be against CCP's intentions. He's generally live and let live as far as multiboxing goes.

He definitely agrees with me that VFX multiboxing is perfectly fine and should remain perfectly fine - he supports that continuing to be in the game, and for multiboxing to continue being a potential thing for people to do so far as I know.

inb4 "one client one person"

The OP needs to add Ryan Farmern to the list for multiboxers. I guarantee he is more supportive of multiboxing than anyone on the list. He runs what was once a multiboxing corp.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus