Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Creating a bunch of new accounts - buddy self-invite?

Hey multiboxers,

at the moment I'm running 3 accounts simultaneously, each one in a different role and manually piloted.

Since I've got some plans, I'm about to register 7 (seven) additional accounts. I think the least cost way would be to send myself 7 buddy invites, create the new accounts and claim the bonus gametime after I plex'ed them. However, I'm unsure if CCP would like to see me using the buddy invitation program that way.

I'm pretty sure some of you already got experience in registering a bunch of new accounts. How did you do it, and did you have any troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Hey multiboxers,
    I'm unsure if CCP would like to see me using the buddy invitation program that way.
    Nope thats how alot if not all players (with half a brain or more) make their alt accounts.

All accounts i've made have been made in some fashion similar to what you described, sending myself a buddy invite and such

I personally used a special deal which was available at the time, payed a sum of real money at a fraction of the cost (i forgot the deal, but it was a good one) and thus chose a plex reward for the other accounts i had running at the time

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Nope thats how alot if not all players (with half a brain or more) make their alt accounts.
    That's verbatim what I almost posted (you scary!), though I've been out of EVE long enough I figured I would let the current subbers respond.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I don't know about "current" since the ban, and complete (seriously its been a while now) lack of communication...i'll have to see how it goes

E: I'm in your head, and i'm here to stay

Be aware that it seems that the powers that be in CCP are listening to the anti multiboxer groups.

I fully expect multiboxing to be ruled against the EULA in the future.

I know that might sound a little silly but keep in mind I predicted the jan 1st EULA change back well before it was announced. When I made that prediction I had all kinds of people saying it wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Be aware that it seems that the powers that be in CCP are listening to the anti multiboxer groups.

I fully expect multiboxing to be ruled against the EULA in the future.

I know that might sound a little silly but keep in mind I predicted the jan 1st EULA change back well before it was announced. When I made that prediction I had all kinds of people saying it wouldn't happen.
    I would be shocked if CCP made all multiboxing illegal. EVE is a unique game in that having 2-3 accounts enables a lot of gameplay that wouldn't be considered sane otherwise. With a single account, I would actually have to trust someone else to light my cynos. That's not happening while capitals cost several PLEX per ship.

Ya, they will never remove multi-boxing completely they just might make it really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    I would be shocked if CCP made all multiboxing illegal. EVE is a unique game in that having 2-3 accounts enables a lot of gameplay that wouldn't be considered sane otherwise. With a single account, I would actually have to trust someone else to light my cynos. That's not happening while capitals cost several PLEX per ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSatan View Post
    Ya, they will never remove multi-boxing completely they just might make it really tough.
    At least one CCP Dev and one CSM is currently on the record for wanting 1 account / 1 human being. The irony is that the CSM has 3 accounts and has had them online at the same time.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    At least one CCP Dev and one CSM is currently on the record for wanting 1 account / 1 human being. The irony is that the CSM has 3 accounts and has had them online at the same time.
    I wouldn't mind if it was 1 account per person as long as the game mechanics evolved in order to compensate. The current game design encourages the opposite.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.