Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 48

I have one of those weapons, but i wasn't sure damage drop wise, got an ancient vengeful wind for 6 stacks of sweeping wind.. not really paid attention to how much that helps, but the damage is nice.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/d.../hero/54857330

This exploding palm monk build is amazing.

I just got 70 on my monk characters (boosted through levels) with crappy gear (avg. 200k sheet dps with all auras and 4m toughness) - was able to do T1 without any problems whatsoever.

EP is very good. My monk team is now able to do T6 decently and I have completed a GR32 so far.

I don't think you need the Fist of Az. EP is really only good for clearing trash fast and the lucky times when you get an elite pack surrounded by little guys. It greatly speeds up our clear times. Where monk's tend to fall off is in single target DPS. I am currently using Vulture Claw Kick (LTK) as I don't have good Incense Torches for my team. Two-handers are where it is at for dps now. Each member of my team has an ancient legendary over 4k and it just does so much more damage than a DW setup can ever hope to.

Once I get lucky enough to get a few more torches, I will probably swap over to Pillar of the Ancients because it is our best single target skill.

I feel the things holding me back right now are single target potential and survivability. My monks still feel pretty squishy in GR's above 30 and I still clear them in less than 10 minutes. Kill speed doesn't feel bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelgis View Post
    Each member of my team has an ancient legendary over 4k and it just does so much more damage than a DW setup can ever hope to.
    Hey Yelgis, thanks for sharing your experience. Wow - what a difference it made. I've found about 10 Ancient legendary 1H weapons, but no 2H. I started gemming my gear last night, and re-rolling stats. This morning I was able to do a T6 Rift finally, and a couple 2H Ancient legendary's dropped. Man, they make a huge DPS increase.

One huge change I made that seemed to help a ton on my survival is switching Blinding Flash round robin to Inner Sanctuary Round robin - Forbidden Palace.

The single target DPS is weak though with EP, but it's nice to have the whole screen blow up.

I also started going for the weakest mobs to apply dots. I'll see how it goes today. I've got 2 torches, but they are just normal ones.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Yea I have had 2 Torch drop as well, but they are both low rolls and non-ancient. Once I can get either 4 higher rolled ones or ancients I will swap over.

I may consider trying to fit in Forbidden Palace. I don't want to swap Blinding Flash right now though. I use Flash for two reasons. CC and spirit regen.

I am using Laws of Seph on all 4 characters with 54% or greater CDR. That allows me to use Flash every 6.8 seconds or so on all of them. I round robin it casting it every 1.8 seconds or less. If you can get to that point you can keep rift guardians and some elite packs perma blind. Currently RG's are basically statues I beat on till they are dead. The problem is Elite packs. They don't always get locked down under blind perfectly or quick enough causing some of their afixes to have a chance to come out. The ones that seem to hurt me the most are Fire Chains and unlucky arcane beams. If you want to stunlock Rift bosses make sure you are using the rune that increases the blind to 6 seconds, btw.

The only skills I could currently sub out are Epiphany, Sweeping Wind, and/or my Mantra slots. Not sure which would be worth giving up for Forbidden Palace. Sweeping Wind is kinda important for keeping Taeguk up which is a large armor and dps boost. I am also using Bane of the Trapped for DPS. I was thinking about throwing in one of the new gems for more toughness. Not sure which one to try first tho.

I'm actually not sure what an end build is supposed to look like. Any ideas? Right now, all my guys have 900k dps standing around together.

I'm still at the point where I'm trying to get set gear. I'm not actually sure what sets I need...

I have:
    2x with at least 2 pieces of sun gear
    2x with 4 pieces sun gear
    4x with 2 piece Thousands storms - 500 dex.
    4x gun bracers
    1x cruddy boots for 2x mystic allies
    4x ancient 2h weapons with around 3.9k dps

I haven't re-rolled for CDR yet at all.

I've only done 1 set of GRs to get my starting gems. So I only have 1/2 of the legendary gems - non are leveled up, and I only have 1 slotted on each guy.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I went a bit 'crazy' in a realm of trials and ended up in GR24... up to now i've been doing T3 rifts ..

I managed it, but look how far I went in the first level to complete it... I wiped a fair bit - but EP really bumped up the kills

got boon of the hoarder on all now

Last edited by dancook : 02-21-2015 at 02:52 PM

So T6 is pretty easy at this point - they get a lot easier when they get decent gear. I just did a GR 26 rift, no problems. I'm paragon level 132 now. Just need to level some gems.

I put EP on round robin, it seems like it works a lot better than just using 4 at a time. No spirit issues and it still blows everything up.

I also switched up my Salvation mantra to use dodge instead of the extra 20% resist. It almost doubled my sheet toughness.

The biggest issue is still the rift bosses. I'm not in danger of getting killed, it just takes a long time to kill it. The 26 rift I was at the boss in about 7 mins, but the boss took a good 3 mins.

I think if I can get inna's 3 piece bonus on the rest of my crew, it should solve a lot of issues.

I need about 3 more pieces of Inna's set and I'll be in good shape. I managed to get a Furnace that's 3.5k dps plus 47% damage to elites, along with 30% jordan, and then another 35% cold damage, so the cold exploding palm hits hard with that guy on elites.

I'm way behind all of u. Not much time to play. Doing T1 only since it's a lot more efficient for my current status. For the ones that just start, get Toxin and Pain Enhancer Gems. Even at rank 0 they will do a ton of damage with the DoT and let u do higher difficulties a lot faster.

Be careful with Inna's 4 piece set bonus. It causes several problems if u wanna use certain Mantra's on each char. The 4 piece bonus overwrites the effect of the mantras of each char. So for example if Char1 has Mantra of Evasion with X rune and Char4 uses 4 piece inna set, Char2 and Char3 will get the unruned Mantra of Evasion. This will also affects the Unity passive since it relies on BUFFING amount of allies. If your Mantra is being overwritten by Innas 4 piece set from another character, then it's not buffing the party and it won't count those as allies, ending up in not giving the 20% damage. That's also why Mantra of Conviction doesn't work with Unity, since it's a debuff and not a buff.

At least I managed to get some gems now. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    So T6 is pretty easy at this point - they get a lot easier when they get decent gear. I just did a GR 26 rift, no problems. I'm paragon level 132 now. Just need to level some gems.

I put EP on round robin, it seems like it works a lot better than just using 4 at a time. No spirit issues and it still blows everything up.

I also switched up my Salvation mantra to use dodge instead of the extra 20% resist. It almost doubled my sheet toughness.

The biggest issue is still the rift bosses. I'm not in danger of getting killed, it just takes a long time to kill it. The 26 rift I was at the boss in about 7 mins, but the boss took a good 3 mins.

I think if I can get inna's 3 piece bonus on the rest of my crew, it should solve a lot of issues.

I need about 3 more pieces of Inna's set and I'll be in good shape. I managed to get a Furnace that's 3.5k dps plus 47% damage to elites, along with 30% jordan, and then another 35% cold damage, so the cold exploding palm hits hard with that guy on elites.
    Try replacing your round robin EP with one character doing EP at all times and the other 3 using blind. Also the build that seems to do the best for single target damage is a fire version with either a torch + cindercoat setup or a cindercoat + furnace. Elite damage items like hellcat could work great as well to increase damage to elites.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P