Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 48

Thanks for all the advice on Monks. So far I'm just doing normal rifts in T3 to try and get more gear. I got 4 of the bracers, but I forgot to hand one over to my main guy, so really only 3 so far. Set gear is taking a while.

I'm using a fairly similar build to the video. Seems pretty good so far.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/57397771
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/57397792
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/57397806
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/57397766
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I'm kinda regretting going with monks. Sure it made more sense and all, but geez ... the multibox grinding is so damn BORING. Nothing like a ranged char or a melee with perma immunity or something. I'm getting so fed up of knockback, nightmarish, wormhole, frozen, vortex, jailer, etc. I'm sure once I get Sunwuko's I'll be happier but because of the amount of time I can play, this initial days are VERY boring and unrewarding. Not a single piece yet and I need to gear 4 monks :/

Ditched the build from the video and went with TR Cold build. Had to go down a few Torment levels since it's far less efficient but a LOT more fun. If I get bored of farming with monks, I might start DHs and once I gear them up, use them to get shards for the monks. Might be a lot faster after all and won't die of boredom in the process.

Another alternative is to forget about multibox for a few days and gear just my main with clan groups, loot share, etc. Once I get it fully geared, I can use it to carry my other accounts. Not sure what I will do for now.
    Last edited by Devile : 02-19-2015 at 11:29 AM

That pretty much sums up my whole experience with Monks, the amount of CC abilities on monsters drove me completely nuts and i didn't even play them that long. As i played mostly Pet WD and Crusader before where you can prevent most CC, that experience was as awful as it gets, especially as you are always very close to mobs as monk and don't have the pet meat shield to absorb stuff.

i've been running into a similar boat myself. I seem to tend to drop my 4 box later in the evening and tend to solo with my main or run with friends. my main is semi decently geared just missing a few pieces to finish my build up.

I have also been pondering if DH's would be more efficient at farming more so. I like my monks but 1 can do just as much carnage as 4, especially with how EP is.
    Meeo/Nibilus

I'm doing T3 with my Monks now, up to 19 GR - really want to play Wizard but I really want to get level 25 gem of ease before I do that... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    I'm doing T3 with my Monks now, up to 19 GR - really want to play Wizard but I really want to get level 25 gem of ease before I do that... sigh...

to farm gems i just started the rift trial and left, and just kept doing that until i had all the gems on my guys and used the escalated keys i got to level them up.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    to farm gems i just started the rift trial and left, and just kept doing that until i had all the gems on my guys and used the escalated keys i got to level them up.
    edit. I mean what I do is exit the trial before it starts then do GR 1,5,9,13,17 or whatever from one keystone and get a bunch of gems.

I just need to be able to tackle high GR to get it to level 25.. about level 12/13 at the moment. Running GR 19, which won't be enough to them to 25 easily.
    Last edited by dancook : 02-19-2015 at 03:19 PM

Just had what seemed like two hordes of goblins right near each other - but with T3 - even without the nightmarish elites, I can't kill many of them. EP no good for this unless I can lead a lot of trash to them.

I've just been farming entire t3 rifts for gear. I've got at least 2 piece of Sunwuko's on 3 guys, and 5 piece of the other crappy dashing set on 1 guy.

It's definitely getting better. I haven't done any GR's yet at all. Paragon 70 right now, with 3 of the guys having the gungo.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I'm having a pretty fun time with the monks. I changed my spec up again a bit.

I think having 1 of the monks with EP and this weapon is key: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/57397766
    I just switched this a couple hours ago.

I'm also using different EP ruins on my guys, I'm not so sure the same ruins stack. When I made the switch to each using a different ruin, it seemed to make a big difference. But I really don't know for sure.

I did make it up to a GR 24 but I just died too much. Didn't make the timer.