Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

I dont think anyone can answer that yet. PTR keeps changing and Barbs got the nerf hammer in Patch4, so ... I think they will be a lot better for multiboxing than how they are right now, but is hard to tell. We will have to wait until 2.2 patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I tried for quite a while with Stampede and it was a nightmare. With Condemn I was able to hit GR43 at first try very easy.
    Ah, missed your build before - you have blind on round robin and can perma-blind elites.. I tried condemn build without perma-blind and it was quite bad - was getting one-shot around GR38, especially by certain affixes (arcane, etc).

Now, I'm kind of stuck with next season. S3 starts in a week and I absolutely have no idea if I want to play season at all - I have one of each viable multiboxing class and see no reason to level another set of crusaders (or WDs or Monks). They nerfed IK barbs in last patch and don't think that DH is worth the time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I dont think anyone can answer that yet. PTR keeps changing and Barbs got the nerf hammer in Patch4, so ... I think they will be a lot better for multiboxing than how they are right now, but is hard to tell. We will have to wait until 2.2 patch goes live.
    Friend on his WW barb is still getting sub 5 min runs from 40-43 greater rifts on his solo barb.

Quote Originally Posted by joes View Post
    Ah, missed your build before - you have blind on round robin and can perma-blind elites.. I tried condemn build without perma-blind and it was quite bad - was getting one-shot around GR38, especially by certain affixes (arcane, etc).

Now, I'm kind of stuck with next season. S3 starts in a week and I absolutely have no idea if I want to play season at all - I have one of each viable multiboxing class and see no reason to level another set of crusaders (or WDs or Monks). They nerfed IK barbs in last patch and don't think that DH is worth the time investment.
    *2 weeks

Getting a countess julias is REALLY strong on any class, but you should NOT be getting 1 shot on crusaders in gr38 by jailer.

DH will still be quite strong and will be one of the fastest t6 clears in the game (theres vids of sub 1 min with a strafe/rain build)

Barbs will still be extremely strong especially with RORG/skull grasp and using tasker&theo gloves. Focus/Restraint is also great since it was changed to work with spending resources as well. IK set nerf didn't kill them at all... it just made them more balanced. Even post balance barb/barb/wd/crusader was still clearing gr70 which is 7 higher than current season and that used an exploit.

WD carnevil build is getting quite a big buff as well. (army/darts)

Monks are going to get a buff as well even if played the same way due to the fact that you can keep up epif 100% of the time and also get your blinds up faster which means you can run the damage % blind as well. Also means you can run stacking inner sanc if you want. I had a shitload of fun on my monks though with TR builds but didn't bother going over GR 35.

The only class i'd shy away from personally is wizard.

IMO if your entire purpose is to push high end GRS then go with WW barb, condemn crusader or WDS (making sure one uses teklandians if you can for perma fear). If you just want to get the most gear the fastest in t6 then barb/monk/dh are your best bet.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 03-23-2015 at 12:17 AM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by joes View Post
    How do u set up blind robin for blind?

LE: For Shodokan, i understand Barbs Monks DH are the fastest clearers for t6 but what are the easiest to multibox any ideeas?
    Last edited by Zum : 03-23-2015 at 08:38 AM

How do u set up blind robin for blind?
    Zum: I assume you use ISBoxer. If so, right click on keymap, start wizard, select "Round Robin" from the drop-down and follow instructions. By default it'll round-robin between all characters, one by one, when you press a mapped key.

You can also do fancy setups like 2-2 - you press a button, 1st and 3rd character press the button, you press it next time, 2nd and 4th characters press a button, etc.

Also, hint - if you know that skill cooldown won't be lower than 6 seconds, you can configure ISBoxer to ignore keypresses until 6s passed. This way you can spam key as fast as you want without wasting your ability on other chars.

LE: For Shodokan, i understand Barbs Monks DH are the fastest clearers for t6 but what are the easiest to multibox any ideeas?
    IMO - Crusaders, WD and Monks, in this sequence.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-23-2015 at 02:36 PM Reason: Formatting

Getting a countess julias is REALLY strong on any class, but you should NOT be getting 1 shot on crusaders in gr38 by jailer.
    Well, not jailer - arcane rotating thingies. I have around 23m sheet toughness and still had problems surviving elites. And I did not use Indestructible either. Probably that's why.

Barbs will still be extremely strong especially with RORG/skull grasp and using tasker&theo gloves.
    I just hope that WW won't cause desyncs.

WD carnevil build is getting quite a big buff as well. (army/darts)
    This one should be fun. No more problems with followers pathing.

I played 4 IK WW barbs on the PTR. It is not very nice. High movement speed combined with the duration of Berserker not always lining up on all characters causes you to desync a lot. It might be btter once you have BK sword sets on all your characters and therefore have no fury issues or issues spending fury fast enough to keep BW up permanently reliably. Since BW gives a 20% move speed buff, if any of your chars drop out of it for even just a second or two while WWing they desync like crazy due to the fast movespeed of WW builds.

Leveling barbs before 70 and set gear would be a pain as well. Melee is much harder than ranged to level to begin with. They are just slower from my experience.

Barbs do have a lot going for them though. Once BW is permanent and reliable you have permanent CC immunity, good mobility and nice defenses plus it is really easy to keep Ignore Pain up round robin with 4 barbs.

The only major problem with barbs is they don't have a reliable stun/freeze/blind that can be used round robin. They have Ground Stomp, but GS has an animation, which means it cannot be spammed while moving in round robin without it causing the casting character to stop to use it. This leads to a lot of desync while trying to spam it while running and it also leads to it not being useable while WWing.

The only classes who have nice spammable CC's that can actually perma-CC bosses in round robin are Wizard, DH, Monk, Crusader. Wizard has Frost Nova with the Cold Snap rune. Dh has Fan of Knives witha fire rune that stuns for 3 secs. Monk has Blinding Flash with Self Reflection, possibly other runs now that Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac exists. Crusader has shield glare. All of those can be cast while the character is using other skills and/or moving. Makes them much easier to use in a multibox situation. In order of which is the best I would say DH, Wizard, Monk, Crusader. This is because DH and Wiz use stun and freeze, while the Monk and Crusader use blinds. Blinds allow the mobs to still move a little and you will have to re-position to keep them within your CC aoe radius. Freeze and Stun don't have that problem, making them superior.

Crusader is the worst only because glare is directional without the Final Witness shield and using it locks out the better builds for Crusader. Each class needs different amounts of CDR as well and CDR is easier to get on some classes than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelgis View Post
    I played 4 IK WW barbs on the PTR. It is not very nice. High movement speed combined with the duration of Berserker not always lining up on all characters causes you to desync a lot. It might be btter once you have BK sword sets on all your characters and therefore have no fury issues or issues spending fury fast enough to keep BW up permanently reliably. Since BW gives a 20% move speed buff, if any of your chars drop out of it for even just a second or two while WWing they desync like crazy due to the fast movespeed of WW builds.

Leveling barbs before 70 and set gear would be a pain as well. Melee is much harder than ranged to level to begin with. They are just slower from my experience.

Barbs do have a lot going for them though. Once BW is permanent and reliable you have permanent CC immunity, good mobility and nice defenses plus it is really easy to keep Ignore Pain up round robin with 4 barbs.

The only major problem with barbs is they don't have a reliable stun/freeze/blind that can be used round robin. They have Ground Stomp, but GS has an animation, which means it cannot be spammed while moving in round robin without it causing the casting character to stop to use it. This leads to a lot of desync while trying to spam it while running and it also leads to it not being useable while WWing.

The only classes who have nice spammable CC's that can actually perma-CC bosses in round robin are Wizard, DH, Monk, Crusader. Wizard has Frost Nova with the Cold Snap rune. Dh has Fan of Knives witha fire rune that stuns for 3 secs. Monk has Blinding Flash with Self Reflection, possibly other runs now that Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac exists. Crusader has shield glare. All of those can be cast while the character is using other skills and/or moving. Makes them much easier to use in a multibox situation. In order of which is the best I would say DH, Wizard, Monk, Crusader. This is because DH and Wiz use stun and freeze, while the Monk and Crusader use blinds. Blinds allow the mobs to still move a little and you will have to re-position to keep them within your CC aoe radius. Freeze and Stun don't have that problem, making them superior.

Crusader is the worst only because glare is directional without the Final Witness shield and using it locks out the better builds for Crusader. Each class needs different amounts of CDR as well and CDR is easier to get on some classes than others.
    You can keep hatred going a bit easier with hexing pants and the hatred gem COTA. But once you get a barb running (solo barb can carry 40-43 easily).

The new shoulder proc for 900% weapon damage is obscene as well btw for either tempest rush monks or WW barbs.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I was running the fury generating COTA on all 4 characters, but that doesn't improve the situation. It only applies when the ancients hit and not all ancients are hitting at the same rate across all 4 characters so fury generation can vary between all the characters.

Also BW uptime is very important. If you don't use the passive that lowers the cooldown, BW is a base 120 seconds and if you use it it is 90 seconds. That means you have to reduce either 100 seconds of cooldown or 70 to be able to keep it up permanently (20 second duration). Since the cooldown reduction only works on attacks that means you have to spend either 340 or 240 fury (33.3 attacks or 23.3 attacks that spend 10 fury which is the base cost of WW).

I am not sure how WW spends fury over time exactly, so I can't give you precise amounts of time that takes, but just looking at the fury requirements they are pretty high. You can obviously reduce those requirements by stacking some CDR. I am not saying it is impossible to do, as obviously doing it a single character is possible. The issue is making sure 4 separate characters are all always generating enough fury and spending if fast enough to maintain BW.

As I mentioned earlier, the other issue with Barbs is that Ground Stomp can't be used while WWing in round robin because it would cause the character casting it to stop and cast the stomp, which would lead to tons of desync. Other classes like DH, Wiz, Monk and Crusader have much better CC's that allow them to stay mobile.

Barbs can probably work fine multiboxing if you get practiced at keeping them synced while whirlwinding and you have the proper gear to sustain it and permanent BW (pretty sure BK sword sets on all 4 characters would be required for making this feasible). I don't think most barbs are going to be using Hexing pants because of the IK set most will wear belt, helm, gloves, pants, boots, chest for 6 piece if they want to run Bastion of Will ring set or if they swap in RoRG and Obsidian Ring/Unity/SoJ. They most likely would drop belt for one of the many options barb has.

I am actually much more interested in Strafe DH's. They move much slower than barbs, but the damage from them is insane and they have a skill that can permaCC while strafing (which takes too much CDR to make viable currently, but with Obsidian ring of the zodiac could be interesting). I need to do more research on Strafe attack speed breakpoints, but it could be interesting.

For barbs, I am still leaning towards a pet barb build. It is much weaker than it would have been now that they changed the IK set but it could still work. I was thinking running a Ground Stomp Stunlock build using full IK and the new GS avalanche belt. Run the Ancients that build fury and use Boulder Toss to dump it fast to keep the BW cooldown refreshing fast enough. I am not sure how viable it would be, but it could be fun.
    Last edited by Yelgis : 03-24-2015 at 12:55 PM

Back again with some questions if u don't mind, right now i finished my 4 DHs with UE set im melting t6 elites die in 1-2 multishots and bosses 3 seconds or so. What shall i do next now? Wizz Barb Wd Monk crusader? what is easy to multibox and great dps?