Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Toggle Individual Toons On/Off Keymaps

I have this year moved all my macros and logic to isboxer and pretty much do not rely on the World of Warcraft UI for almost anything anymore.

However, one issue I haven't solved yet is how to allow a single character or combination of characters to still utilize all their macro functionality without broadcasting to all characters.

For instance:

Let's say I have toons A, B, C, D, E

And I want to only use toons B, C, D for a while (maybe have 3 dps in raid finder). How can i use them, and turn off broadcasting for A/E (tank / healer), so that A/E do nothing while B, C, D leverage all of the isboxer keymaps just like a full party. The same goes for soloing with a single character. Sometimes I just want to quickly switch to a solo character for pvp or to party with a friend.

When I used to put macros into the wow interface, this was a bit easier to manage as I could just turn off a button bar and swap it to something that was not being used. However, I have no idea how to do this in Isboxer now. I've kind of just been dealing with it for a while, but now that I have most things configured to my liking, this is my next logical step to tackle.

I would love to make this as flexible as possible. i was trying to do it by setting toggles / groups for each individual toon, but I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks! No rush!

I can think of two ways that this can be accomplished...

1) Create an Action Target Group with all of your characters in it, set the ATG to be the Target of whichever Mapped Keys you'd like, and then use ATG Actions to rotate characters in and out of said ATG.

2) If you're using virtualization (or maybe even if you're not) you can use Mapped Key Virtualization Actions to adjust what your characters do.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Well, if you want I will tell you my mickey mouse method.

Press enter on the toon(s) you want to stop.

Now all letter/number keybinds such as attacking just type into chat, but all your function keybinds like follow/assist still work.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Haha, this ^^^ ... kudos.

I use the mapped virtualization toggle, similar if your going to swap a character out spec wise for a specific fight and you want them to go shadow -> disp or something. Only you nil that remove map without adding one. The the generic maps need a 1:1 visualization as well.

I believe you could whitelist/blacklist keys, though I have never done anything with that entire area of isboxer.

Blog Entries

I usually just log extra boxes out but you can have them swap their virtualized combat keymap to an empty key map.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post

Press enter on the toon(s) you want to stop.

Now all letter/number keybinds such as attacking just type into chat, but all your function keybinds like follow/assist still work.
    This is actually very quick fix to the problem I never thought of. I will utilize this (for now) until I can figure out the more appropriate isboxer method. At least with garrisons I can throw my characters to places where if they scream accidentally, no one will hear them!

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai
    I can think of two ways that this can be accomplished...

1) Create an Action Target Group with all of your characters in it, set the ATG to be the Target of whichever Mapped Keys you'd like, and then use ATG Actions to rotate characters in and out of said ATG.

2) If you're using virtualization (or maybe even if you're not) you can use Mapped Key Virtualization Actions to adjust what your characters do.
    I was trying to do accomplish this using Action Target Groups, but my guess is there was some small piece of logic I was missing. As usual, it could just be that I am misunderstanding specific functions in isboxer as usually my logic is correct, but how to implement it in isboxer is usually what i struggle with.

As for virtualization - every time I think I am getting to a point where I understand isboxer pretty well, you throw a new concept at me to go learn, and make me feel like I know nothing! lol. I'll look into this and see if I figure it out. If I get stuck, I'll post back to this thread.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-10-2015 at 05:18 PM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by wakasm View Post
    I was trying to do accomplish this using Action Target Groups, but my guess is there was some small piece of logic I was missing. As usual, it could just be that I am misunderstanding specific functions in isboxer as usually my logic is correct, but how to implement it in isboxer is usually what i struggle with.
    I guess it might be tricky depending on how complex (or convoluted) your profile is and I demonstrate mine in this video, but mine is extra complex because I have a Menu system tied to it..

Quote Originally Posted by wakasm View Post
    As for virtualization - every time I think I am getting to a point where I understand isboxer pretty well, you throw a new concept at me to go learn, and make me feel like I know nothing! lol. I'll look into this and see if I figure it out. If I get stuck, I'll post back to this thread.
    It mostly has to do with setting up the Pro System.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology