Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 42

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    -Please dont remove the macro's I love them! Just hoped that the learning curve on that feature would be a lot lower (some info out there to learn how to use it is old)

it works so no need to remove them.

- Would love a window/box for the follow broken status, because the warnings stay up for longer then they need to, its sometimes hard to see if it actually is still "true", maybe it would be easier to see in a separate frame.
    There is already a follow broken status its under Jamba-team display. in the next version it should keep up a lot better then it does now.

See Bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    Stuff you really like to see in Jamba?

• intergration with pawn or mrrobot to auto equip gear. Triggered by looting or role switch
    • camera tools - esp something to help sync cameraview 1-5 settings across all clients

Built-in macro and other addons can change spec, auto-equip gear and set camera view so keep Jamba simple?

I heavily use team window, currency window, quest and taxi! I never use macro, ftl, trade or proc. Trade is especially messy, and I never manage to make it work (long time ago).

What I hope to see:
    1) Show quest progression (e.g. % in daily crystal quest; they appear in in-game quest window but I guess they are not categorized as quest?)
    2) Variations of font size and color in quest watch window (not necessarily customization but at least more than one font size and color)

I think legal risks might be inherent in changing the sounds permanently. Perhaps if the addon could make all the sounds sourced "from file" and/or point to other sound packs.

I think the common denominator for Jamba is making things less tedious by reducing the number of clicks or key presses to get to end state. And like you said with JambaProc other addons do it better. I'm gona list a few addons that go along with that goal. Before i list them I'm aware there may be better solutions than these.

CinematicCanceler - Just like its says on the tin it cancels movies. A word of caution, some quests require the movies to run to completion before they award completion credit.

Smartbuff - Fire and forget buffage. can be triggered by macro or mouse up or down. Personaly I use the macro trigger assigned as a second step of my follow hotkey.

kAutoOpen - opens clams, treasure, everything. you can manually edit the ini file to include things that haven't been covered yet.

Passloot - auto roll based on player set logic based on loot types and quality, you can set it up to roll something by name like primals. has a high learning curve.

Smartloot - if you want to focus on just farming one or two items or if your tired of your bags getting cluttered with trash that doesn't vender for much use this

Workwork - saves alot of time on your daily garrison ritual. assigns followers to buildlings on first click and recalls all workers on second click so you can send them on missions. wont touch barracks if set that way.

Topfit - auto equips loot similar to zygor "autoequip" feature configurable based on set stat weights.

master plan - everyone knows this one. developed by the same guy that wrote MiRai's favorite addon oppie.

Genie - organises your bags. better than the 6.0 implementation because it restocks items and reorganizes your bags automatically before it becomes a mess.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 02-08-2015 at 12:37 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

master plan - everyone knows this one. developed by the same guy that wrote MiRai's favorite addon oppie.
    Ahem... third favorite. >_>
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I think legal risks might be inherent in changing the sounds permanently. Perhaps if the addon could make all the sounds sourced "from file" and/or point to other sound packs.

I think the common denominator for Jamba is making things less tedious by reducing the number of clicks or key presses to get to end state. And like you said with JambaProc other addons do it better. I'm gona list a few addons that go along with that goal. Before i list them I'm aware there may be better solutions than these.

CinematicCanceler - Just like its says on the tin it cancels movies. A word of caution, some quests require the movies to run to completion before they award completion credit.

like you said a some quests need to watch the move before it goes on, the worse thing you could do is have a "clone" not do the quest because it stopped the movie

Smartbuff - Fire and forget buffage. can be triggered by macro or mouse up or down. Personaly I use the macro trigger assigned as a second step of my follow hotkey.

Not really sure about this i don't really think there is a need for it but...... others might.

kAutoOpen - opens clams, treasure, everything. you can manually edit the ini file to include things that haven't been covered yet

I use item bar for this or though it does sound a good thing to have/do.

Passloot - auto roll based on player set logic based on loot types and quality, you can set it up to roll something by name like primals. has a high learning curve.

Would not really add anything like this. I think its more if the user wants it and there is already a opt out there for it.

Smartloot - if you want to focus on just farming one or two items or if your tired of your bags getting cluttered with trash that doesn't vender for much use this.

We Already have parts of the addon that does this.

Workwork - saves alot of time on your daily garrison ritual. assigns followers to buildlings on first click and recalls all workers on second click so you can send them on missions. wont touch barracks if set that way.

A lot of addons do cool stuff with garrisons i know i can not do better or even put the time to keep that part of the addon i think my time is better spent working on core of jamba then some side garrison stuff that there is a lot of good opts out there.

Topfit - auto equips loot similar to zygor "autoequip" feature configurable based on set stat weights.

Av looked into both addons that do this and to be fair its not worth the time. (and i don't like autogear i like to make the choices my chars ware) again if someone wants it they install it. Again am not going to do better the old auto pick quest item was not as good as others out there. thay have a lot of stuff and are very big addons, (zygor uses wowhead to look up stats/gear.)

same as Workworka

Genie - organises your bags. better than the 6.0 implementation because it restocks items and reorganizes your bags automatically before it becomes a mess.

Don't really see the need in this. Jamba has a auto restock system in place. Or though i could rework to make it better!

See bold text.

Hi i don't really want to add to much what other addons do unless its really really a big help. am trying to keep it as what it always been a tool to assist multiboxers.

Feedback welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by konraddo View Post
    Built-in macro and other addons can change spec, auto-equip gear and set camera view so keep Jamba simple?

I heavily use team window, currency window, quest and taxi! I never use macro, ftl, trade or proc. Trade is especially messy, and I never manage to make it work (long time ago).

What I hope to see:
    1) Show quest progression (e.g. % in daily crystal quest; they appear in in-game quest window but I guess they are not categorized as quest?)
    2) Variations of font size and color in quest watch window (not necessarily customization but at least more than one font size and color)
    Am with you keep jamba simple and have it as a tool to help us not Be a Replacement for every other addon. The more stuff i add the longer and longer it take to update on patchs/xpacs and the more it could tax lower systems. I know for sure i have very few addons on my clones then my main.

The jamba quest watcher is being worked on to show the new stuff blizzard added in WoD. right now am using the blizzard one as the watcher only does Quests. i know the quest popup is still broken as well.

team window am working on that as well to make it look better, ill make a post went its ready for feedback on it.
    Last edited by ebony : 02-08-2015 at 09:50 PM

Keep in mind, Jamba is an addon designed to help with the multiboxing aspect of the game, not an all-in-one addon Comp. The more stuff you add to it, the more you run into bugs and conflicts with other addons.

And the more bloated it becomes, the less people want to deal with configuring any of it. I was in the process of writing a more tutorial-style guide for Jamba before WoD and it was a seriously intimidating amount of documentation, especially for people who are already dealing for information overload on how to multibox and set up their chosen software and teams. By the time someone is getting into Jamba, they don't want to spend a whole day configuring dozens of modules to do stuff that they don't really understand.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post

Stuff that could be removed from Jamba.
    (EG: has no point anymore/Never used it/ Other addons do a better job. this is to make Jamba smaller in size and make it a lot easier for me to update on patch's & expansions)
    And like you said with JambaProc other addons do it better.
    I indeed heard him. I'm not asking him to reinvent the wheel. The lists is my contribution to "other addons do a better job". goal/need

Before you people start flaming me for what you read next. I'm not saying we consider doing this for all 7000+ addons out there just the boxer friendly ones. but would it be possible to Integrate HPAC's method of config sharing into the push feature of Jamba to push non jamba addon settings settings from current client to other clients? I know its possible to use mouse and keyboard repeater to setup UI across multiple clients. A push would be much more elegant and cleaner.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 02-09-2015 at 10:26 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Keep in mind, Jamba is an addon designed to help with the multiboxing aspect of the game, not an all-in-one addon Comp. The more stuff you add to it, the more you run into bugs and conflicts with other addons.

And the more bloated it becomes, the less people want to deal with configuring any of it. I was in the process of writing a more tutorial-style guide for Jamba before WoD and it was a seriously intimidating amount of documentation, especially for people who are already dealing for information overload on how to multibox and set up their chosen software and teams. By the time someone is getting into Jamba, they don't want to spend a whole day configuring dozens of modules to do stuff that they don't really understand.
    am with you on this one that's for sure going though the code to change just one thing can take hours.

There is a 2nd multiboxing addon out there that is a Lot simpler then jamaba but it seems to be getting a lot more downloads. This is why am asking for help what you use in jamba or more what you don't use (or find better addons that do a lot better job)

The proc system has not been updated in a long time i find it takes up far to much screen space. and when a lot is going on half the time you don't see what toon even has the proc. Someone sent me a pm asking it to be tagged to the display team bar.
    Last edited by ebony : 02-09-2015 at 10:17 AM

Ebony check out the thread above yours. I edited it heavily.

well None One asked for this one but i did it anyway i think it be good for New boxers that's got RaF or a warlock group like i play.

Auto Accept Summon!