Close
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 93

Default Drone assist for vanguard incursion sites?

While I thought I'd quit EVE with the jan 1st changes, I'm still plinking away with things, using capital escalations to pay for the accounts. While blapping sleepless guardians, it got me thinking, could a drone assist comp work for vanguards? I know Nightmares seem to be the ideal choice for maximum blap, but curious if anyone has used heavies or sentries in vanguards, and if the Sansha target them.

Was thinking 6 shield Ishtars w/ Gardes/Ogres, a double web huginn, and 3 logi pilots as a start. With all the frigates, I'm not expecting fast clear times, but it would be something I could casually do when there are no w-space things to do.

Thoughts? Just want to avoid doing some sort of rollover/round-robin setup to lock/fire with nightmare pilots.

I imagine Rattlesnakes with Geckos would do really well.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I used to use 7 Rattlesnakes + Gardes, two Basis, and a Huginn / Loki for VGs, and it went decently.
    If you use the Huginn, you need a LSE and you need to keep transversal against any Deltoles that spawn as they can insta-blap you.
    Loki can just rig + dc2 tank with a 3web 2painter setup.

http://puu.sh/c1fRi.png My old setup, before I re-arranged a few things.

The basis were 4/2 setup FYI. I had all my videoFX on my primary toon (the webber), and I was able to quickly switch logi targets without leaving my primary toon's screen.
    Rattlers were 2 invuln + EM fit with everything else dedicated to drone damage or range.
    Loki was 3web 2painter, 1 dc2, and the rest of the lows were occupied by Signal Amplifiers. Highslots were a handful of civilian guns and a tractor beam.

I imagine the Ishtars might do well, but IMO I'd try out a set of Gilas w/ Hammerheads on the test server before Ishtars. LordsServant can attest to the Gila's firepower.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I use gardes and sansha does sometimes target them but I only lose a few over the course of a night which isn't a problem as t2 gardes are fairly cheap and I can carry many spares in the drone bays. I don't use round robin or rollovers. My site times can vary wildly depending on how hard I play (7-10 min ticks).

You will lose more mediums though as they seem to be targeted at a higher rate. Overall it's not a big deal as the gila can hold extras. The gila is quite good and I imagine the ishtar wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

Thanks for all the responses. Firing up Sisi and plan on giving the rattlesnake/basi combo a whirl. It would be almost exactly what I used to run, so it'll be simple.

I was sad to have to put down my 9 NMs

Are the rattlesnake people using anything in the highs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    I was sad to have to put down my 9 NMs
    Are the rattlesnake people using anything in the highs?
    3x Drone Link Augmentor I

But I used 3x Drone Scope rigs because they weren't patched back then, so 100km Garde optimal? Don't mind if I do.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Just about to get started on Sisi, I'm not putting anything in the highs even though the pilots have really good missile skills. Used to use cruises in the highs, a paint on each snake in the mids, and 3x bcs/dda in the lows and stomped sleepers with them. Can't be arsed to lock up targets and fire turrets now without resorting to a rollover or round-robin setup that I fear will get me banned.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Just about to get started on Sisi, I'm not putting anything in the highs even though the pilots have really good missile skills. Used to use cruises in the highs, a paint on each snake in the mids, and 3x bcs/dda in the lows and stomped sleepers with them. Can't be arsed to lock up targets and fire turrets now without resorting to a rollover or round-robin setup that I fear will get me banned.
    5x Cruise Missile Launchers w/ Auto Targeting Cruise Missiles + Drone Link AUg

Just completed a Nation Commander Outpost in 22 minutes. Those jams were hilarious, almost lost a basi. While I know I'm excited because this is a new experience, I could see this being a fun challenge for the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    5x Cruise Missile Launchers w/ Auto Targeting Cruise Missiles + Drone Link AUg
    Ooh.. I didn't even think of auto targeting missiles. That's hilarious, how do they perform or are you just theorycrafting it? I'll have to give that whirl.

edit: correction, 22 minutes for the NCO. I spend most of my time missing frigates with the gardes. I fit 3 omnis but I put two range script and only 1 tracking script. Going to tinker with the fit, go triple tracking scripts and faction webs on the Loki to get a little more web range. Haven't tried an OTA or NMC yet, NMC seems straight forward with the ore, not sure how I'll handle the hacking for the OTA. Guessing one of my logi pilots will lose a mid to fit a hacker.
    Last edited by gomeler : 02-01-2015 at 06:03 PM