Close
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 90 of 93

Currently my only constructive comment is this

If you watchlist the drone bunny, i believe you can assign drones easier instead of having to look down the character list (instead of Rclick, assign, "list of characters") and the act of moving the mouse downwards and to the left/right
    It be will Rclick, assign, watchlist, character name

This may save you some seconds as instead of moving down the new "tab" when you try to assign drones to someone in fleet, you will be moving your mouse directly right/left everytime you assign drones as your drone ships will only have 1 character in watch list

Hope this helps

Also what logi are you using? your videos dont show the logi pilots

Alsox2, im assuming the paladin with bastion and 1 large armor rep is enough to stave off the DPS? (as in you can perma run the tank on the paladin with bastion and not have to worry about tank)
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 03-28-2015 at 11:01 AM

I'd split your trigger's guns. There were a couple of times you were waiting for something besides a web so as to trigger on the next frigate, when they were burning in. Can't really tell, but I'm guessing those mobile drones were really helping with mopping up the frigates when they go into orbit, as you mentioned yourself. Nice run, looks like you're roughly a minute faster than me, gives me hope there is room to improve.

I had considered rigging for warp speed, as sometimes you end up with 40-80 AU warps, would be nice to warp around slightly faster. Might still do that, first plan on logging and recording separate runs with Garde IIs, medium rails, and eventually pulses.

thedevilyouknow

Putting the drone bunny on watchlist does absolutely nothing for me other than increase initial setup time. I still missclick just as often when assigning with the DDD on watchlist as without. So I just don't bother.

The paladin is basically cap stable with about 2800 HPS so I can do incursions with influence. It can almost self rep itself through a zero influence OTA out of bastion. Highest I've tried so far was 40% influence and the paladin took it like a champ.

Logi consists of two nestors one on the left screen/system and one on the right screen which is the same system as the video. I usually launch and assign infiltrators from them once I get time. They also carry heavy hull maintenance II drones.

Gomeler

I keep forgetting to split the guns into two. I mean to when I'm not playing then when I get around to playing I have so much else going on my mind that I forget. Thanks to your reminder I logged into the paladin only and split the guns before I forget again. I did more peak DPS with pure gardes. If I get home early enough I'll try again tonight with 2x gecko 2x inf 1x hob with 3 domis to see what I get. What I really need is to be wide awake and not half a sleep like I have been lately in the videos.

I've always been able to splatter most of the frigates when they are still mwding in. Tamas in particular are good to splat till web range without webs.

The domis are rigged for warp speed and the paladin has a warp speed low which puts them in line with the nestors normal 2.5 AU warp. My kill times aren't fast enough to warrant anything beyond that for warp speed.

EDIT : I noticed today that one domi had lost one hammerhead and one hobgoblin. No other domis lost any drones and no other domi needed to have any repairs.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 03-28-2015 at 04:22 PM

Understand you on the gun splitting, I JUST added a key map to change windows, previous I was smashing ctrl+alt+(1-9) to move between my accounts. Now it's middle mouse click, which seemed to help a little bit when setting up the initial drone assist. Only took ~3 months of running maybe ~50 sites/month -_-

Just ran a NCO to try out Open Broadcaster Software(OBS) to record both screens. Poor computer is running out of CPU, 10 clients usually consumes 35-50%, OBS was eating every other available cycle. Probably didn't help that I was basically recording 2560x1440 @ 30fps w/ the bitrate set to 20mbit/s. Yielded an okay quality video, now I just need to crank the CPU up to maybe 4.5 GHz and get better at switching between the recorded screen as I switch focus.

edit: looks like there is an OBS fork that might support GPU offload. I have a second R9 290 just sitting idle on the shelf..

Wow I'm using a HD5770 and you're letting an r9 290 just lay around...

I at first was mad that I forgot to split the guns then I was mad at you for pointing it out then I was mad at myself for being mad. I mean after all the whole point of posting the video and data was to get constructive feedback which you provided. So now I'm just glad some people watched it and one of them had something that was helpful to say

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Wow I'm using a HD5770 and you're letting an r9 290 just lay around...

I at first was mad that I forgot to split the guns then I was mad at you for pointing it out then I was mad at myself for being mad. I mean after all the whole point of posting the video and data was to get constructive feedback which you provided. So now I'm just glad some people watched it and one of them had something that was helpful to say
    Oh dude, I've been furious trying to figure out how I could get my run times to match your run times. Every month, when I grind PLEX for ~8-12 hours, I've been chasing your times. Getting sooooo close. I've probably watched every video you've put out, looking to tips/tricks. It's also why I finally EFT'd lazors. pew pew.

As for the 290, did a bunch of bitcoin and litecoin mining from ~2011-2014 or so. For a short time, R9 290s were actually incredible value, so I bought a few. Kept a pair in my desktop, but had issues with CrossFire and EVE, didn't appear to be working =\

Yeah GPU bit mining with those cards was AAAAMMMAAAZZZZING for some time.

I've built several systems for people and I just don't like dealing with crossfire/SLI when it comes to games like eve.

Well contests are pretty awful to deal with when I'm not running all gardes.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 03-29-2015 at 02:33 AM

After running for a while I ended up switching one of the gecko/inf/aco domis back to garde IIs. After looking at the data I'm switching to 5 garde and 2 gecko/aco domis for my next night of running. I see no reason to use infiltrators as they are slower and do less dps to the targets that my gardes have issues with (schmaeel/renyn/eystur). The acolytes even did more average damage per hit on tamas than my gardes.

I'm really starting to like the 5 garde II 2 gecko/aco setup. OTA times are comparable to the all gardes composition while being noticeable quicker in NCOs.

My fleet does a 45 au warp in 1 minute 2 seconds from click of fleet warp till I'm clicking on the gates.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 03-29-2015 at 07:06 AM

Did my first NMC w/ the medium rails. Running with 100% influence(yay, incursion all to myself so far), medium rails are a pain in the balls. Faster cycle time + lower ammo count = more reloading. The good news is they apply pretty well to the Romis/Augas I was shooting.

Going to keep playing with the medium rails for the time being, but definitely training into large lasers. EFT says it'll apply just as well, more DPS, and far less reloading.

Lastly, dual 250mm prototype gauss does less DPS with all 5s than 250mm prototype gauss does. 161 dps vs 179 dps. Same optimal + falloff, less tracking, more capacitor use. Lolwut?
    Last edited by gomeler : 04-01-2015 at 07:39 PM