Close
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 93

I did 9 nm 1 nestor as my last setup but that ended jan 1st.

I run 7 domis 1 paladin ddd and two nestors with an ore dropper and an astarte booster.

For some odd reason innerspace forgot several of my Videofx viewer windows and moved the corresponding videofx source windows to left 50 pixels since I last ran incursions a week or so ago. Windows in game also moved for no known reason. Lovely stuff.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 01:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    I did 9 nm 1 nestor as my last setup but that ended jan 1st.

I run 7 domis 1 paladin ddd and two nestors with an ore dropper and an astarte booster.

For some odd reason innerspace forgot several of my Videofx viewer windows and moved the corresponding videofx source windows to left 50 pixels since I last ran incursions a week or so ago. Windows in game also moved for no known reason. Lovely stuff.
    Huh, even shield domis might be an improvement over rattlesnakes with the hull tracking bonus. Any reason for the paladin as drone bunny, and does the lack of web range bonus hurt? I'm guessing you're running links to boost the web range?

shield? god no..

3x tracking 2x optimal omnis in mid.

The problem is I can't fly any of the other marauders so I had to use the paladin. Bastion mode makes you immune to the jams. I've been playing around with some odd ideas to fix that but for now skills are my problem. It'd take a while to get my dps into snakes so I basically just swapped my dps out and kept the rest the same.

Webs are 20.2 KM range so it's sort of annoying but not too awful. I can pop stuff with just the TPs till web range usually.

Booster is absolutely perfect (all V including fleet commander) with damage control, passive defense, rapid repair, interdiction maneuvers. I've had both loyalanna/wolf and some goons try to gank my fleets in the past so I brick tanked the booster which forced me to minimize the boost links.

I'm in game if you want to chat or something.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 01:30 AM

shield? god no..

3x tracking 2x optimal omnis in mid.

The problem is I can't fly any of the other marauders so I had to use the paladin. I've been playing around with some odd ideas to fix that but for now skills are my problem. It'd take a while to get my dps into snakes so I basically just swapped my dps out and kept the rest the same.

Webs are 20.2 KM range so it's sort of annoying but not too awful. I can pop stuff with just the TPs till web range usually.

Booster is absolutely perfect (all V including fleet commander) with damage control, passive defense, rapid repair, interdiction maneuvers. I've had both loyalanna/wolf and some goons try to gank my fleets in the past so I brick tanked the booster which forced me to minimize the boost links.
    Was talking for myself on the shield domi part. Playing with it in EFT, shield Domi might work. Slightly less tank, slightly better garde tracking, slightly cheaper. Will fiddle with it tomorrow. 4 web Loki was an improvement, the tank buffer loss wasn't too bad. Just need to keep it orbiting something and it sheds some of the damage.

Armor makes more sense, and I'm moving that way just to free up the mids for Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Was talking for myself on the shield domi part. Playing with it in EFT, shield Domi might work. Slightly less tank, slightly better garde tracking, slightly cheaper. Will fiddle with it tomorrow. 4 web Loki was an improvement, the tank buffer loss wasn't too bad. Just need to keep it orbiting something and it sheds some of the damage.

Armor makes more sense, and I'm moving that way just to free up the mids for Omnis.
    I had a friendly contest with a gila boxer today in an OTA. I won because he just couldn't match the instant dps of the gardes as stuff was MWDing in.

That said his times aren't far behind mine. He does some funky stuff but it works and it's quite a sight to behold (definitely cooler looking then my setup).

Beware that my setup requires a ton of concentration and perfect rotational activations and such to reach sub 8 minute ticks (OTA only). Way more involved than the nm setup.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 03:01 AM Reason: MWD not WARPING...

Why sentries tho?

[Ishtar, incursions]
    Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
    1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
    Corpum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Federation Navy Drone Navigation Computer
    Federation Navy Tracking Computer, Tracking Speed Script

Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
    Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
    Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II

'Augmented' Berserker x5

That pushes 750 dps with drones that move 7400 m/s and track at 1.1.

I don't personally know how the EHP would hold up (meh resists, 60k ehp under links), but drone travel time would be almost negligable, and you'd probably speed things up quite a bit with your heavies instablapping frigs without issue - no webs required.

If you can bring skirmish links, your sig drops pretty low so you can start sig tanking. Additionally - Halos are very cheap for a pirate implant set, and would further reduce your sig letting you tank even better.

Alternatively, a proper Slave + Hardwirings set gives you 95k ehp, for a bit more buffer against high volley waves.

You lost the instant dps vs contests, but I can't imagine it being that horrible once you catch up, and your completion times might speed up with the frigate factor.

Why?

Because the train time was a tiny fraction of what you're suggesting (pretty much non existent for my NM pilots)? It would take at least 45 days for me to even get all the dps into the ishtar and additional time to actually get the skills up to a decent point. The Domi's EHP is better so while I'm assigning drones I don't have to worry about stuff getting nearly one shot? Let alone the random gank attempts I've had over the years. I like being able to run when the influence isn't 0%? The cost of replacement for my domi's is a fraction of what your ishtars cost? I don't want a billion isk in implants per character? I don't want to tie my fleet to a ship that has a hull bonus that will very likely be nerfed due to the mob mentality on the eve forums? My domis do about 1083 dps with about 792 coming from the drones. Have you ever used heavies in VGs?

I didn't lose anything and I'm pretty convinced you just scanned my post without actually reading it..

Your 7400 m/s drones are going to miss galore till they slow down. Even the gila user which had medium drones has issues with the first volley or two missing due to MWD.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 01:26 PM

Lords, this is incursions, not WH space. While incursion AI was stolen from sleepers, it was hit over the head with a two-by-four repeatedly to dumb it down.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Why?

Because the train time was a tiny fraction of what you're suggesting (pretty much non existent for my NM pilots)? It would take at least 45 days for me to even get all the dps into the ishtar and additional time to actually get the skills up to a decent point. The Domi's EHP is better so while I'm assigning drones I don't have to worry about stuff getting nearly one shot? Let alone the random gank attempts I've had over the years. I like being able to run when the influence isn't 0%? The cost of replacement for my domi's is a fraction of what your ishtars cost? I don't want a billion isk in implants per character? I don't want to tie my fleet to a ship that has a hull bonus that will very likely be nerfed due to the mob mentality on the eve forums? My domis do about 1083 dps with about 792 coming from the drones. Have you ever used heavies in VGs?

I didn't lose anything and I'm pretty convinced you just scanned my post without actually reading it..

Your 7400 m/s drones are going to miss galore till they slow down. Even the gila user which had medium drones has issues with the first volley or two missing due to MWD.
    Training time is just as much - sentries require the same amount of training that heavy drones do since the drone change. If your complaint is the ishtar, you can easily use the vexor navy as a cheaper (and slightly worse) alternative, which requires much less training than the dominix. It also boasts a superior tank to the ishtar.

Replacement cost? Are you actually trying to insinuate that your domis are going to be insured? That's the only difference in replacement cost between the two ships, and unless you're truly terrible you shouldn't be losing your entire domi fleet before insurance runs out.

The hull bonus on ishtars is twofold - there is one set of bonuses pertaining to sentries, and another entirely different set pertaining to heavies. The one folks are complaining about - sentry tracking and range - is entirely separate from the heavy drone speed and heavy drone tracking, which have remained untouched. There are several calls, in fact, to push the ishtar into being exclusively a Heavy boat, with it's bonuses to sentries removed. Do your research.

The discussion here seems to be entirely based around drones, with gomeler specifically stating that with the changes to isboxer he can't be bothered to click like a madman to use guns, or risk getting banned for using various techniques which appear to be in the new grey area with CCP.

I don't do incursions, but I know all there is to know about weapons and their application to various targets; I speak from pvp experience so I don't know 100% about how things work in incursions specifically.

The gila has no tracking bonus - these heavies would track significantly better than his drones would. There would be no issues for damage application.

My only thought in regards to your post?
    I'm pretty convinced you just scanned my post without actually reading it..
    Or maybe you just have a limited grasp on game mechanics and various weapons systems. vOv

The ishtar hull alone is 40 days of training bub..

I was already training into sentries because I was using them with my NMs as extra turrets.

I don't insure domis but I can basically fit out two domis for the cost of one of your EANMs. I have had multiple gank attempts on my fleet in the last year. Even my booster was hit by a gaggle of catas.

As for the hull bonuses... Do you really believe that CCP is that deft? I mean come on you've surely played long enough to know how CCP handles balance like that. I would be surprised if they only hit the sentry side of things. God knows it would be the smart thing to do.

You admit you don't run incursions but yet you declare I should take your word as the absolute truth. Well here's the truth I run incursions currently and I've got experience with mediums and sentries. The mediums miss like a dickens till they settle in and I can't imagine that the heavies would be any better. THe mediums also get shot more often. Meanwhile my sentries hit well from 70 KM up till orbit. Only when the frigates get into orbit do I need a web to hit them well and by that point I'm either on the cruisers or nearly on to them.

Your last comment only deserves a HERP A DERP I R SO L337!!

EDIT : The Ishtar was actually my original end game goal but the financial and training costs is keeping me from doing so in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 03:52 PM