Close
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 93

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Just completed a Nation Commander Outpost in 22 minutes. Those jams were hilarious, almost lost a basi. While I know I'm excited because this is a new experience, I could see this being a fun challenge for the next couple of weeks.
    Ooh.. I didn't even think of auto targeting missiles. That's hilarious, how do they perform or are you just theorycrafting it? I'll have to give that whirl.

edit: correction, 22 minutes for the NCO. I spend most of my time missing frigates with the gardes. I fit 3 omnis but I put two range script and only 1 tracking script. Going to tinker with the fit, go triple tracking scripts and faction webs on the Loki to get a little more web range. Haven't tried an OTA or NMC yet, NMC seems straight forward with the ore, not sure how I'll handle the hacking for the OTA. Guessing one of my logi pilots will lose a mid to fit a hacker.
    I was theorycrafting the missiles. From what people tell me, FoF is still shite and on the same level as Defenders.
    I lost a painter on my Loki for a hacking module myself, but you can alpha past the reps of any frigate, most of the cruisers, and the Deltole won't be too difficult.

My old fit:
    Code:
    [Rattlesnake, Fleet]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Damage Control II
    Power Diagnostic System II

Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    EM Ward Amplifier II

Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Large Drone Scope Chip I
    Large Drone Scope Chip I
    Large Drone Scope Chip I

Garde II x5
    Which gave me 100km optimal or so with Gardes. However, CCP recently fixed the Scope rigs, so my new fit would be something like this:
    Code:
    [Rattlesnake, Fleet]

Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
    Damage Control II
    Power Diagnostic System II

Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
    Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
    EM Ward Amplifier II

Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Large Drone Scope Chip II

Garde II x2
    Which gives me 50+30.4km Gardes and 87.6+20.2km Curators.
    748 DPS Gardes
    704 DPS Curators
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Since I've only run one of the three sites, is that much optimal needed for one of the particular sites?

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Since I've only run one of the three sites, is that much optimal needed for one of the particular sites?
    OTA's spawn around 100km or so from where I parked my fleet.
    NMCs are around 75ish from warp-in on one of the spawns.
    NCOs are 40ish and closer.

It's player preference really, but I liked being able to snipe out Niarjas at 100km in the OTAs. It's been a while, so my pre-Scope nerfed RS may have had more tracking speed scripts than I remember.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

My setup is totally different from y'alls. I don't have the skills to do snakes right now since I had optimized for armor NMS t2 guns on four of my dps. I originally started running 3 years ago with a substantially different and smaller fleet. So four of the characters are only a little over a year old or less. Took me finding isboxer before I graduated up to NMs with a nestor.

I only use two faction TPs and two faction Webs for my fleet right now and it's "good enough" if not on the low end of what I would prefer. I'm working on reskilling for a more optimal setup.

Rolling with gardes at 45 km optimal.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-02-2015 at 12:32 AM

Some observations:

Ran a pair of OTAs and a pair of NCOs in ~50 minutes. I'm finding that raw DPS is less of an issue, and switching targets + slowing things down with sufficient webs to blap the frigates to be more of an issue. Unfortunately, my Loki pilot has terrible paint skills, perhaps paints would help a bit, or fitting four webs. It seems to take 2 cycles of 2 webs to sufficiently slow down a frigate so that gardes w/ 3x omnis w/ tracking scripts can blap them. Then I spend 1-5s waiting on the webs to cycle before I can get going on the next frigate.

Briefly tried ogres, that was terrible with drone travel taking longer than the 2x web cycles.

In the OTAs, I was typically able to lock/blap the niarjahs before they jammed a ship. Sometimes they would jam the logi, mostly it was a random rattlesnake. Otherwise all the ships closed so fast that I never needed to switch from tracking to range scripts.

Going to try again tomorrow, dropping the adaptive on the Loki for a 4th web. Going to be pretty low on tank, but the Loki did only get hit once and it was orbiting the beacon and tanking very easily.

So far, Vanguards seem to be loads easier to setup/secure than c5 sites/escalations. The ISK is maybe 2/3 of what I'd typically earn, but it's safe and requires minimal prep work and no salvage/loot collection.

Final conclusion is that Vanguards are broken ISK faucets, and I'm going to run them until CCP makes it not possible.

Going to see how the four web shield Loki works. If that works well, I'll wait until I've got Ishtars trained up and give those a whirl + consider going armor. Would give the Loki more buffer, I could use 2x Nestor instead of 3x Basi, I could go triple omni armor Ishtars, and the DPS output would actually go with by gaining another DPS pilot + Nestors.

Remember, after 3 modules the stacking penalties grow at a significant rate. I sorta stole my loki fit/concept from wormholes with the 3/2 setup. You can't really pre-web stuff sadly without drone aggro going wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Remember, after 3 modules the stacking penalties grow at a significant rate. I sorta stole my loki fit/concept from wormholes with the 3/2 setup. You can't really pre-web stuff sadly without drone aggro going wonky.
    Yup, but the idea is to double web one thing and immediately double web the second target the moment the first is dead. It'll cut a couple of seconds per target, which adds up given how many targets there are.

Wish Vindicators got some sort of web range bonus, 15km faction webs aren't enough sadly. I imagine Vindi webs @ ~25km would help considerably, as the 1st sentry cycle is typically a miss and the 2nd and 3rd are what hit. Vindi webs might slow stuff down fast enough that the 1st cycle is a partial hit and the 2nd kills.

Anywho, going to play with the quad web Loki tonight, we'll see how that goes. Just hoping I can get the clear + warp times down to ~10 minutes, would yield very nice ISK/hr and ISK/effort.

Sentries cycle every 4 seconds.

Running today with my upgraded drone skilled stuff. 10 minute ticks are super easy to achieve.

I tried to record me run with vlc but it started raping my system badly by the last wave and it appears it had already crashed.

Any suggestions for screen recording?
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 02-03-2015 at 12:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Sentries cycle every 4 seconds.
    Yup, and they seem to lock the frigates in about ~3-5s. So, it usually goes webs apply and complete one cycle by the time sentries have done their first salvo. That one is hit or miss, the remainder are usually solid salvos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Running today with my upgraded drone skilled stuff. 10 minute ticks are super easy to achieve.

I tried to record me run with vlc but it started raping my system badly by the last wave and it appears it had already crashed.
    What's your setup? Above you mentioned you were running nightmares, is that still the case?