Close
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 214

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Except it doesn't make sense, since Round Robin sends 1 command to 1 client per click / key press. CCP doesn't even know what they're banning themselves.
    Unless it's simply:
    Code:
    if ($KeystrokesReceivedPerSecond > 3) { doBanUser($User); }
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Unless it's simply:
    Code:
    if ($KeystrokesReceivedPerSecond > 3) { doBanUser($User); }
    Code:
    if ($headupass = 1) {doChangesFromAHat}
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Except it doesn't make sense, since Round Robin sends 1 command to 1 client per click / key press. CCP doesn't even know what they're banning themselves.
    I avoid round robin specifically because - if you think about it - it does 2 actions with 1 input.

For example:

Step 1. Press f1 --> character 1 presses f1.
    ?????? --> Swap to character 2.
    Step 2. Press f1 --> character 2 presses f1.
    ?????? --? Swap to character 3.
    etc etc...

Even if you argue semantics about the order (Step 1. Press f1 --> character 1 presses f1. Step 2. Press f1 --> swap to character 2, ????? --> character 2 presses f1) you still end up with 2 actions.

If CCP considers "swapping characters" as an action, then you are in violation of the rules.

Noone in my corp uses round robin, and none of us have been banned. I specifically mentioned to folks that they should avoid using round robin at all costs.

You could argue that my corp living in wspace means we have a lot less folks around to petition us, unlike some incursion folks who swim in the tears of "but isboxer is BANNED AND EVIL!!!1111" every day. This argument is invalidated by folks like ShadowAndLight.

ShadowandLight multiboxes bombers on the regular in nullsec, vs HUNDREDS of angry hostile pilot who I'm sure petition spam him at least as much as the incursion groups do. I don't believe he uses round robin (rollover instead) which might be why he's NOT banned.

Another potential reason for folks being accused of macro use when using round robin could be that your cursor (if clicking) appears in exactly the same area of the screen, or your f1's are coming far too quickly (I don't believe the 3 second bullshit, that's definitely wrong) for them to be considered "possible" for a human player to do.

With my videofx setup, it's incredibly easy to see tons of variation in my cursor movement and clicking, and I manually hit f1-f4 on my logis interspersed with the odd clicking during the same session so it's very easy to see that everything I'm doing is manual.

tl;dr - Don't use round robin, it might actually be against CCP's new rules of 1 input --> 1 output.

Changing the focus of a window is an OS mechanic, not an in-game action. Or are you saying ALT+TAB is an action?

Changing the focus of a window is an OS mechanic, not an in-game action. Or are you saying ALT+TAB is an action?
    This.
    It'd be the same as having a 15+ monitor setup, and just moving your mouse over each separate window to change focus.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I am absolutely saying alt-tab is an action.

Press f1 --> char 1 hits f1.
    Press alt+tab --> swap window.
    Press f1 --> char 2 hits f1.

With videofx, I'm still using only one window/layer of input.

All I'm saying is it seems like the only people getting banned are those using round robin, while the rest of us aren't.

It'd be kinda stupid not to read into that wouldn't it?

That said, if you wanted to test it, I imagine by this logic:

press f1 --> char 1 presses f1.
    press f1 --> swap window.
    press f1 --> char 2 presses f1.
    press f1 --> swap window.
    press f1 --> char 3 presses f1.

etc etc....

Might be ok?

i use round-robin, specifically because CCP said that any action outside of the game client (like switching windows) wasnt an issue and not considered breaking the "one action per client at one time" policy.

i ofc cant find that exact statement right now, but if anyone was going to get banned for using VFX or round-robin I'd assume it would have been me considering I have videos of me using ISBoxer and dozens of petitions from angry Nulli Secunda pilots for using bomber squads.

Wait till I am using isthars... oh man

Now, that all said, I wouldnt be surprised if CCP is making mistakes, people arent telling the full story or all of the above.

However I will say that just based on people's reporting (which we can only take at face value) what is happening can be viewed as

- CCP's detection software is off and they are banning EULA violators (which who knows what that is ATM)

- they are catching people using Input Duplication and those people are changing their stories (of which i think ID should NOT be banned, really dumb move on their part)

- GM's are getting trigger happy and banning people 1st, doing research later.

I will say if someone like CCP Pelligro bans you, I'd be wary and you probably did something wrong. The person that WAS banned however was banned "pending investigation" so perhaps its just a temp thing and you might get it reversed. During the Summer CSM minutes we didnt have a better supporter in CCP then him

Now, if CCP WOULD JUST TALK TO US INSTEAD OF HIDING BEHIND GENERIC PETITION MESSAGES THIS WOULD ALL BE A LOT BETTER!

ANY CSM FEEL LIKE HELPING OUT, YA KNOW, YOUR PLAYER BASE?!

Phew... ok im good now, got that off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    Now, that all said, I wouldnt be surprised if CCP is making mistakes, people arent telling the full story or all of the above.
    All of that has happened in just about every other MMO I've ever played, so I wouldn't be surprised either.

Oh I'm sure CCP is making mistakes and that people aren't always telling the full truth.

I think the earlier comment about input rate is on the right track.

I know that in december I was having issues with hotkeys not working if I was using hotkeys too quickly with the repeater. That's what made me suspicious that they were monitoring hotkey input times.

ftOq5.jpg
    http://puu.sh/ftOq5.png
    Lords, any word from your CSM buddy?