Close
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 214

Wonderful. Seriously tempted to chargeback CCP for all my gametime right now.

e: and that's why Oatmeal is dead all of a sudden...
    Last edited by bugme143 : 02-06-2015 at 10:10 PM
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    that's why Oatmeal is dead all of a sudden...
    lolyep.

Also just found out that the guy who stole my account has been trying to smear my name to people who have/do know me. As part of this, he's also doxxing my RL info. Heh.

Its funny how mad some people get. Not sure how you'd manage to get your account stolen though.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...vE-Multiboxing

We'll see how long it takes CCP to ban me

If they don't, I'll take that as tacit approval of everything I'm doing here.

Changed link from direct YouTube link to your video thread so that people can discuss what's happening in your video thread rather than potentially derail these other threads.
    -MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-08-2015 at 02:26 AM
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...vE-Multiboxing

We'll see how long it takes CCP to ban me

If they don't, I'll take that as tacit approval of everything I'm doing here.
    1.5-2b per hour for 20 accounts?

I guess it's super safe cause :hisec:, but eh. That's pretty horrible isk/char(and in general considering TWENTY accounts). How much were you making running c5s post blue loot change with your setup? I downsized 2 of my gilas due to computer issues (I need a new gfx card I think, maybe a better cpu, tho dunno, I don't like being unable to record my stuff) recently, but with my original 11 char setup I was pulling about 1.2-1.5/hour - that was with low sp chars and in an entirely nonoptimized setup (I could run pve fits, but I'm lazy and would rather be able to take a fight if I get jumped than make more isk/h).

Also, I gotta chat with you sometimeish.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-08-2015 at 02:28 AM Reason: Edited Link

Dammit Lords you're making me wanna join your alliance, or at the very least hang out and bullshit on TS.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I hadn't run any C5 sites after the blue loot change. If I can get each site down to 12 minutes, which I think is more than doable, it'd be more like 1.7-2b an hour. That's pretty good for being in hisec, though not mind-blowing.

Cash in WH space isn't a problem. The issue is constantly needing other people to scout, scan, tackle, bubble etc. The biggest draw to multiboxing, for me, is being pretty much self-sufficient. There's not so much of that in WH space :/

Well, all 20 of my accounts were banned yesterday for 'Macro Use' while I still had a ticket in about multiboxing. I have not received an email explaining the situation, just a message when I tried to log in. When I do get it, I intend on posting it for everyone's edification.

In other news, a little birdy sent me a copy of a response they got from CCP about multiboxing. I'm presently negotiating its release to the public; in short, though, I'll say that in CCP's view, anything that you do with ISBoxer or a similar program that makes controlling multiple characters faster than alt tabbing is considered a bannable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Well, all 20 of my accounts were banned yesterday for 'Macro Use' while I still had a ticket in about multiboxing. I have not received an email explaining the situation, just a message when I tried to log in. When I do get it, I intend on posting it for everyone's edification.

In other news, a little birdy sent me a copy of a response they got from CCP about multiboxing. I'm presently negotiating its release to the public; in short, though, I'll say that in CCP's view, anything that you do with ISBoxer or a similar program that makes controlling multiple characters faster than alt tabbing is considered a bannable offense.
    what a joke....

you were doing incursions right? Using Round-Robins / VFX?

Ninja Edit: I am easily of the opinion you were petitioned, a GM probably watched you for 30 seconds and assumed your way too good of a player to not be "cheating" and just decided to ban 20 accounts without asking you what you were doing.

CCP Falcon / Leelo claim that the GM team and the developers are in constant communication and "on the same page".

Why do I find that hard to believe.
    Last edited by shadowandlight : 02-27-2015 at 05:40 PM

The multiplex/input-broadcasting change was made in order to eliminate certain patterns of play that gave those involved unfair advantages over other players. If using any other set up results in same or similar unfair advantages then those patterns of play are clearly not safe to employ and players risk getting banned for it. The end result is an unfair advantage over other users playing the game with the EVE Online client as it is shipped and action will be taken in such cases. The video you linked is in violation of our policies at this point.

Questions regarding specific features or technical aspects of 3rd party tools, over-lays, key-bindings etc. are addressed in the EULA, section 6. A:

2. You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played.

3. You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

Any unfair advantages over other players by means of macros, key-bindings, overlays, 3rd party tools, etc., are subject to this rule and violations will result in action against users involved.

Whether you are using round robin, input broadcasting, rollovers or some other feature of some other third party software - the end result is much the same. I apologize for repeating myself, but this EULA clause is key:
    "2. You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played."

Please refer to our policies, found here:
    http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/

The third party policies page offers clarification on some topics covered in the EULA:
    http://community.eveonline.com/suppo...arty-policies/

Best regards,
    CCP xxxx
    Team Security

~~~

That's the response. I have screenshots, but I'd prefer to try and retain anonymity for the guy brave enough to share.

The basic takeaway is that they don't give a good fuck about how you're doing it--They only care if it makes you faster than alt-tabbing. If the answer is yes, your time is coming. Le sigh.