Close
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 214

The post has been up for some time. The last time there was a real GM conversation posted it was down pretty quick. It's not like this is an off hour for ISDs and such.

Well that is very interesting, and disconcerting. Basically, if you want to multibox past simple stuff like carrier + cyno alt, you need to take a huge quality of life hit. That is a real shame. I was okay with the broadcasting changes, as I recognized them as being broken and easily abused. I viewed rollover/round-robin as toeing the line. At this point I use VideoFX due to my pair of panels not being large enough to view the important pieces of information for as many characters as I control. Guess in the end, CCP doesn't know what CCP wants. They encourage multiboxing with power of two and such, but then bomb the experience back to the stone age.

Guys, don't put words into CCP's mouth. People see big fancy words and pastes from EULA and think that Peligro just said that this or that is banned, when in fact he did not.

He very clearly avoided saying anything was banned or prohibited. All he did was reiterate what was said in CCP's dev blog from April 2014 on client modification. In case you need help finding that, here it is for you: http://community.eveonline.com/news/...-eula-and-you/

Don't miss this part:
    This extends to multiboxing software. Some of the multiboxing software out there is powerful enough to count as “client modification” if used for that purpose. Our stance on third-party software is that we do not endorse such software as we have no control over what it does. As such, we can’t say that multiboxing software isn’t against our EULA. But the same goes in this case, that unless we determine that people are doing things beyond “multiboxing”, we will not be taking any action. We only care about the instances where people are messing with our process for the purposes of cheating, and running multiple clients at the same time is not in violation of our EULA in and of itself unless it involves trial accounts.
    Which is reiterated in Peligro's paste:
    We do not endorse or condone the use of player-made software or any other third party applications or software that confers an unfair benefit to players. We may, in our discretion, tolerate the use of applications or other software that simply enhance player enjoyment in a way that maintains fair gameplay. However, if any third party application or other software is used to gain any unfair advantage, or is used for purposes beyond its intended use, or if the application or other software violates other parts of the EULA, we may fully enforce our rights to prohibit such use, including player bans. Please use player-made or other third party software at your own risk.
    Or, in Peligro's words...
    1. "With regards to "round robin" or other features of specific third party programs; We will not authorize or otherwise sanction the use of any third party software. The End User License Agreement and Terms of Service are clear on this subject"
    2. "Whether input broadcasting is used, video "overlays" or other features are used does not really matter. These are third party programs which change the way the game is played. This also includes round robin."

That's almost the entirety of his actual post, the rest is a pasted excerpt. But it is very clear that he DID NOT say that round-robin OR Video FX ("overlays") fall under what they consider cheating. All he said is that they will not authorize or sanction the use of any third party software, and that whether broadcasting is used, overlays or round-robin are used, "does not really matter".

So Peligro said literally nothing.

The important takeaway I got from this person is that they were reported by another player, and there was minimal followup observation from a GM. (This was backed up by direct conversation, they confirmed to me that they got banned after a player report.) Players and GMs cannot be expected to tell the difference between input broadcasting, round-robin, video fx with rollover, etc. If you're being observed and look too efficient, they're going to temp ban you. And when your excuse is to show them your uber-clever workaround of the rules "hey I'm not broadcasting, I'm using round-robin" blah blah, they can't verify it and really don't care. All they have to do is agree with the reporting player that an unfair advantage is gained, regardless of your methodology, and temp ban you.

I would still put money down saying there is no automatic detection that people are describing, because a lot more people around here would be banned. Remember, other players have motivation to report you, to get you out of their way. And everyone using multiple accounts, regardless of using ISBoxer or not, is at risk of being banned this way.

More or less cross-posted from ISBoxer forums -- http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&t=6569#p30845
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Lax, did you sell out to CCP or something? We have at least two players who were banned for following CCP's new EULA, at least one of which helped another group in-game to come up with ways of multiboxing that fell within the defined EULA, including using petitions and asking CCP directly. CCP told us that there would be no way in hell that their detection software would have false positives, and yet, here we are.

We have a CCP employee flat out lie to us (not even talking about Seagull's Vegas and Fanfest blunders for a moment) when he agreed to a meeting with the multiboxers, and then come out on a podcast saying there will be no meeting.

We have an undefensible change to the EULA that reeks of coming out of the EVE Onion, and people using straw man, ad hominem, and other fallacies to attack ISBoxer, not to mention outright lying in their posts, and CCP doesn't do anything when we show them that we're following the new EULA.

And you expect me to lick their boots and thank them? Hell no.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I'm just telling you what you need to know. Excuse me for trying to clear a few things up in this thread.

My post has nothing to do with whether it is bullshit or not.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Im glad i stopped playing the game i love.. CCP made an easy 14.400 dollars a year on my accounts (80x 15 dollars)...

Over the years i have adapted through all the gamechanges. But risking being banned for "random reports" while not even using isboxer means the end for me.

I'm not banned, i just stopped playing after newyear since i was expecting this CCP bullshit - I'm not going to sit around waiting for some twatface to feel like I'm having an advantage. And advantage gained through learning how to play the game as efficienct as i can. This used to be a pvp game where brains, skills and dedication gave you the advantage over those who didn't put time into the game... now it means the you'll get banned since you're using more then one client...and well have an advantage....

There is without a doubt something automated going on. In december I started experiencing hotkey issues that I NEVER experienced before. If I used hotkeys too quickly I would start losing the ability to use them and I would be forced into clicking in the client manually. Unless there was suddenly an isboxer bug I'm not aware of that hit all the clients and all my computers (win 7 xp and win 8.1).

i hope they will losing so many subscription that they will take a step back in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by multiboxingforever View Post
    i hope they will losing so many subscription that they will take a step back in the right direction
    I sincerely doubt they have lost too many subs over this. The game's lifeblood is pvp, and that remains relatively unaltered.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I sincerely doubt they have lost too many subs over this. The game's lifeblood is pvp, and that remains relatively unaltered.
    If the ratio of EVE YouTube videos of solo players to multiboxers is a fair sample of the live game, they've got nothing to worry about. And this won't affect people using two accounts, /afk spy accounts, etc.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)