Close
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 214

Default BANNED bye bye eve welcome wow

o7 guys!
    I am an old dual-boxing forum reader but this is my first message that i write.
    Today my 8 account and the booster account has been banned permanently by ccp peligro for MACRO use???????? what macro??? so multiboxing goes under MACRO category????
    My personal pvp account banned too!i have never multiboxed with him!! never i swear!! i think they have banned all my account because of course the IP was the same.
    I was mining alone in my system in deep 0.0.....
    What to say.....
    1) why the ban is permanently and not a 30 days ban?
    2) why have they banned my booster account? ( never multiboxed with him.....)
    3) why have they banned my pvp account? never multiboxed with him too....

If someone thinks that i am a troll, no i'm serious about this post

Of course i was never involved in any RMT activities.
    So what to say bye bye eve online and welcome wow! i am going to create an account!

So guys watch out if you multibox!

p.s: i have already opened a ticket, if i have good news i will post here!
    Last edited by multiboxingforever : 01-30-2015 at 04:09 PM

As long as you were doing everything aboveboard, petition, then escalate it until someone provides you an actual response.

Buttmad bears spamming petitions is gonna happen, but as long as everything was 100% aboveboard and you can prove so, you should eventually get unbanned.

If you're getting a cut and paste response from some bottom tier GM who doesn't actually play the game nor has any experience with it, ofc they might not have a clue and might've hit the ban button without thinking.

Just keep asking for it to continue to be escalated until a senior GM looks at it. Be polite, don't rage, and don't make silly threats about the EULA or RL legal action.

They will ban all of your accounts simply because the rules on macro use is that all of your accounts are permabanned, it has nothing to do with whether they were involved or not.

For example, if you were botting and RMTing, they'd ban all of your chars, not just the ones you were botting and RMTing on.

If it's a mistake, don't worry, and keep petitioning/asking for it to be escalated. If you're 100% innocent then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Opening a ticket is the right response.

Just be very calm and don't rage.

Be polite, point out all the reasons you WEREN'T macroing, and explain how you were doing what you were doing.

As I explained in the other thread, the response to macro use is a permaban on all accounts. If you were a botter, or RMTer, or w/e, they'd ban all of your accounts.

Assuming you aren't, continue to make this clear with logical valid facts in a calm manner, and ask for it to be escalated. I've never heard of this CCP Peligro guy, so odds are he's just someone they hired and he probably got enough petitions about your chars that he figured he should ban you.

Not everyone at CCP actually understands the game, and not everyone has the full picture. There are people working at CCP who simply work there as a job, go in, and review petitions. Not all of them are perfectly competent, and not all of them play or understand the game itself.

You'll end up with a few of those, and assuming everything you did was 1 RL action --> 1 ingame response and 100% aboveboard, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I've never heard of this CCP Peligro guy, so odds are he's just someone they hired and he probably got enough petitions about your chars that he figured he should ban you.
    Peligro's been there for a number of years, but so far he's stayed out of the ISBox drama.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Peligro's been there for a number of years, but so far he's stayed out of the ISBox drama.
    actually in the summer CSM minutes he was on the side of multiboxers

OP - can you share your isboxer setup so we can all look at it (including CCP)

feel free to block out the character names when exporting it

I want to make videos using the same ISBoxer setups showing that these people being banned are NOT in-fact breaking the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    actually in the summer CSM minutes he was on the side of multiboxers
    Hmm, I missed that. Think I'll have to look over the summer minutes again.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Exactly the same as my ban, except my ban was for 30 days and not perm....

Default Information on setup, and the ban

Seperate post to specifically detail what i have and have not done - if it mentions edits, it is due to the fact i was editting the original post and created a new one so people would not have to look specifically look for the edits (sorry forum guys, hope this is okay)

Okay since I did just get on the eve general forums to check up on the input duplication thread, and i did realize that my original post is quite lacking in content (mostly due to the shock of the "oh look, i'm banned...winning eve")

Disclaimer, (as stated in the original post) Have a Razor keyboard with inbuilt macro functionality
    Have had in the past, and for computer programming reasons, had macros installed (coded? uhh....recorded!) on the keyboard, non of which are specifically EVE related
    Anyone who is familiar with razor keyboard software will know that they allow profiles, my default profile is "off" no macros of any kind, and the keyboard is programmed to swap if a specific file is launched.

Regarding input duplication, have followed the rules, and while some people might find it controversial, I have been using a mixture of video FX and round robin keys to conduct my activities.
    No input duplication of any kind has been used, any key regarding the game i have been using has been round robin

Shadow: Not entirely sure how to upload my setup but to be frank it is quite easy to duplicate and doesn't require much imagination. Keymap'd round robin to f1, f2, f3, f4, and locking targets, also right click
    Also some of these were not actually based on the original keystroke (I.E. right click was rebound to a keyboard stroke -THIS IS NOT A MACRO - it is a keybind, that can be done through the game client as well)

As to my incursion setup, it was previously, 12 NM 1 Basi setup shown by Tonksi in a youtube video, very simple to do and did not require much effort: also no 3+ step hotkeys for drone recall was used either (just fyi)

To clarify, I have been playing eve for...probably 4+? 5+? years now, In the incursion setup i had the 12 NM, 1 logi pilot, 1 booster, and the 1 main account.
    Totaling in 15 accounts (ikr )
    All 15 accounts have been given a temporary ban, of 30 days by CCP Peligo

Reason: You have been banned for 30 days by CCP Peligro. The reason specified was: EULA/TOS Violation - Macro Use
    Copy paste from ban notice when trying to login

Unless this is fixed by CCP, which has not replied to the ticket since the original post date 29th Jan, and the ban revoked, i will not continue to be play EvE Online, including on the main account, due to the nature of CCP of these matters as of late, including but not limited to

The refusal to answer support tickets (not only regarding bans) of any questioning nature as to what is and is not acceptable post 1st Jan, being redirected to the forum post and just dumped there.

Refusal to hold a public meeting regarding the change

Any other reasons seem abit bitter so i shall not share them, but my respect for the game company has dropped, and while i may miss the Eve community in general, and some of the friends i have there, I can't in good conscious continue to pay (yes i payed for some of those accounts IRL money, the main account being subbed for full year cycles every January) for a game that is owned by a company that whores the premise of it being beneficial to have multiple accounts, yet does this.
    Even though i have the option to continue to play eve after the 30 day ban, I doubt i will as, unless this issue is settled, any more time invested into this game after the bans lapse may just result in a permanent ban that will make all the effort moot.

Good luck to you all out there, will possibly update as this progresses

Can't have my stuff

01/31 11:59 (brammator) you won't believe what did CCP do with my petition about round-robin.
    01/31 12:00 (brammator) they just remove it.
    01/31 12:05 (s***********) that ridiculas, they dont even allow you to make a valid argument
    01/31 12:06 (brammator) wasn't an argument
    01/31 12:06 (brammator) it was just a #$%&@&#^ question
    01/31 12:06 (s***********) oh thats even worse ! lol
    01/31 12:08 (s***********) its not supprising though, this is the same kind of thing that trion/glyph does
    01/31 12:09 (s***********) instead of being smart, they just make them selves look smart posts
    01/31 12:09 (s***********) by removing *
    01/31 12:11 (s***********) my kids aged 10 and 13 do the same thing, if we play cards they will look at my hand and just take away the winning cards so i cant win :P... says alot for ccp
    01/31 12:17 (A**) xD
    01/31 12:21 (Lavish) [dual-boxing.com] EVE Online: Information on setup, and the ban - thedevilyouknow - http://goo.gl/TpdDhO
    01/31 12:24 (brammator) talk about devil.
    01/31 12:25 (s***********) hehehe

I hope your and mine questions both get resolved soon.

EDIT: found my petition. First I checked all my accounts without luck and get furious, and then I found it on TEST support site. Go me.
    Last edited by brammator : 01-31-2015 at 10:36 AM

Yeah I stopped playing rift some time ago due to Trion's stupidity.

I'm leery of round robin usage. I think if you use it too quickly it'll hit two or more clients on the same server tick which then causes issues. I'm personally using click through videoFX. I haven't run in the last week though.

Thank you for sharing this with us. You might help prevent more bans with this information.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 01-31-2015 at 05:52 AM