Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default This is probably noobish

greetings one and all...

so today i started to venture into the world of multiboxing, i made a new RAF account and made a couple of gnomes, but have spent the best part of an hour trying to correctly configure jamba.

I have set up my Master and slave, i have a follow macro using jamba, but i cannot get my slave to accept quests or complete them.

I am using hotkeynet as the communicator.

What i do is focus the NPC with my master, click my assist macro, click my IWT key binding but his focus wont even change. My macro for assist is simply /assist knéésmasher.

I have tried with my master sharing the quests, but without the slave handing in, its pretty useless. I also have CTM activated on my slave too.

I have read the installation guides on here and elsewhere, and watched numerous videos without it being clearer.

Is it worth swapping hotkeynet for something else or am i being stupid?

Thanks in advance for any help

Blog Entries

the focus shouldn't change if you're assisting, the target should.

Does the IWT key work when used in both boxes? Is the IWT key part of the keys you have set up for hotkeynet (I use = for IWT but mileage varies).

i have changed from hotkeynet to pwnboxer with small success, i can now get the slave to interact with the NPC using my keybind, however i cannot get the slave to focus the target of the master unless a tab to the window and click the macro on the slave screen

Quote Originally Posted by cainkapow View Post
    i have changed from hotkeynet to pwnboxer with small success, i can now get the slave to interact with the NPC using my keybind, however i cannot get the slave to focus the target of the master unless a tab to the window and click the macro on the slave screen
    ...and what is your question?

I am slightly confused as to why you are focusing the NPC, or do you in fact mean targetting it?

If not, getting a toon to focus something should be fairly straight forward. Personally I would just do it in 2 steps. I assume that your assist now works? Then the only necessary step would be to bind a key (one that is also set to be broadcasted to your other window) to "Focus Target" in WoW for the slave toon (or both). I believe it is found under Targetting in the key binds menu. Then target whatever on your lead toon, press your Assist and follow that up with your Focus Target bind.

My apologies for the lack of clarity in my post. I will try to make my issues clearer.

When i get my master to target an NPC for questing, or I attack something i cannot get the slave character to assist. I have a macro set up on both accounts, i have positioned them onto the same buttons on each screen, but when i click it on my master, the slave is unresponsive.

The only way i have been able to do this is by clicking on both screens.

I am also using Jamba and i can get the slave to follow the master from the master screen, but that was all.

Also, i needed to do a quest where i was required to pick up so many of an item, i guess the workaround for getting the slave to do this will have something to do with click to move and IWT, but i cant get that going either.

The click to move and the IWT works if i tell the slave to do it on his own screen, but if i issue the command from the master screen, again, he is unresponsive.

Then the only necessary step would be to bind a key (one that is also set to be broadcasted to your other window) to "Focus Target"
    I have done this, i set my button to "]". When i use it, the master interacts but the slave does not. I also added the bound key into pwnboxer

Then target whatever on your lead toon, press your Assist and follow that up with your Focus Target bind.
    This is my main issue, i know it is supposed to be easy and straight forward which is why im going crazy because it wont work, im sure ive done something wrong somewhere, but i just have no idea where.

Thanks for your time guys

What i do is focus the NPC with my master, click my assist macro, click my IWT key binding but his focus wont even change. My macro for assist is simply /assist knéésmasher.
    When i get my master to target an NPC for questing, or I attack something i cannot get the slave character to assist. I have a macro set up on both accounts, i have positioned them onto the same buttons on each screen, but when i click it on my master, the slave is unresponsive.

The only way i have been able to do this is by clicking on both screens.
    Well, there's your issue. You can't click your action bar and have both characters do something, and you will need to give these actions the same key bindings, as well as set up your software to send that key to both clients, in order for your characters to do the same thing.

The only software option which is going to allow you to be a clicker with any sort of efficiency is likely going to be ISBoxer because of its capability to create buttons on the screen for you to click on.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I have the key bindings set up on both accounts to the same key, at the minute I'm using the standard 1-0 bindings and making sure macros are on the same bind on both screens. I do tend to click but when I tried using the keyboard button I still had no joy

okay so ive came back from work, loaded it all up and it works flawlessly now, my slave targets, focus' hands in quests and accepts. wonder what the issue was.

Thanks to all of you for helping out