Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Blog Entries

Default Webhost suggestions?

Hostmonster seems to think that raising my rates from about $110 (with two domains) to $180 (with one domain) over the course of three years is acceptable so I'm going to cancel and make a jump. Anyone have a web host they like? Needs to be able to run mysql, wordpress, and php (which should be everything at this point). Need almost no bandwidth, these are sites mostly used for family use at this point.

Lux

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Hostmonster seems to think that raising my rates from about $110 (with two domains) to $180 (with one domain) over the course of three years is acceptable so I'm going to cancel and make a jump. Anyone have a web host they like? Needs to be able to run mysql, wordpress, and php (which should be everything at this point). Need almost no bandwidth, these are sites mostly used for family use at this point.

Lux
    Ive used https://fapvps.com/ for EVE related websites for a while now

the owner is very fast to respond to tickets and the service has been extremely reliable.

I've been trying to find negatives (it cant really be this good all the time) but for the past 2 years I havent been disappointed at all.

They are based in NYC.

Blog Entries

How is their interface (console?) for doing things like making a new wordpress installation? do they have built in email support? (for managing emails accounts on your server)?

Not exactly what you seem to be looking for, they are what's called an unmanaged hosting provider, vs a company like godaddy or hostgator who provide all those services built in.

You would have to install each one of those services separately (email, word press etc)

Blog Entries

Yeah I do want something that runs the services... but doesn't raise the rates 15% a year hoping I won't notice!

I use Bluehost for this. It's about $12/month but most of the stuff like Wordpress and addons and such are all managed through CPanel.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I'm very happy with StableHost, I've been with them almost two years and have had no issues at all.

They have coupon codes you can use for discounts and the affiliate program is pretty sweet. There was no price bump on renewal and I didn't have to sign up for 5 years minimum or something like that, lol. I've had almost no downtime, they have a nice control panel, good support turn around and good communication on things like migrations and the like. Between the recurring discount I selected and the random person who used my referral link, my hosting bill was $9 for the year, down from $69.

I don't know why, but posting affiliate links make me feel dirty and unprofessional, but if you or anyone else wants to go with them, and feel so inclined, here's my link. If there's any objection to that I'll be more than happy to remove it.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I am very happy with Bluehost(wordwide) and A Small Orange (for Euro)