Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Multiboxing raids without being grouped

So I just found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEaXJwFGcCY
    As you can see he is doing 1st boss of Karazhan on 5x monks, but without being grouped so that they are each in their own instance. It doesn't look very effective at all, considering he has to stop to reposition his characters all the time, but I was wondering if someone are doing this in a way that is a bit... smoother? It would cut down alot of time if you could do this while almost being as effective as you would have been with just a single character!

This video reminds me of my daily routine in my garrisons. Doing 10x the chores all at once is fabulous. The secret to being effective with this (that the guy in the video doesn't seem to have figured out) is:
    1) Start everyone in the exact same place in the instance (by entering the raid/dungeon or by using your garrison hearthstones) and only moving by broadcasting from then on
    2) Most importantly, NEVER hit the turn keys on your keyboard. Only move by broadcasting forward, back, strafe left or strafe right. The incrementally small way in which the windows get off of one another is pretty meaningless in terms of X,Y position, but multiplies to become big differences quickly if you are facing a degree or two off.
    3) At some point you may need to reposition a certain window a bit, but again, never turn.

In my garrison, I use this to go to the mission table, go outside to get my box of free resources, get my War Mill stash, place more War Mill orders (which requires a bit of individual movement because the dwarf chicks wander a bit), go to the Salvage Yard, then head to my profession buildings where I tend to divvy up before I hearth back to the mission table.

I've done this in old dungeons/raids too and if the mobs don't have a knockback or whatever, you can back or strafe your way into them and it works pretty well.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Yes,

I started doing it for baron mount, the kara mount and the stone drake.

The mobs are so fixed in these place (/tar milhouse) that you can easily move around with just mouse broadcast, IWT and AOE garbage down.

I am doing similar for ulduar (for the fragments, else i would just split the raidid x25 at yogg for the mount.

Somethings you need to mouse broadcast for (starting the dragon fight, using portals, not aggroing everything in the nature place, the gnome fight, etc) but other than that its pretty easy.

Watching people multibox diablo makes this look easy, your eye looks for hallway corners where you can 'realign' the characters from rubber banding lag pretty naturally.

I am not sure what the use in garrisons would be, you could likely macro a 'target fishing guy, target herb guy' for iwt maybe. i am sure people are close with how much boxing is going on for mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    This video reminds me of my daily routine in my garrisons. Doing 10x the chores all at once is fabulous. The secret to being effective with this (that the guy in the video doesn't seem to have figured out) is:
    1) Start everyone in the exact same place in the instance (by entering the raid/dungeon or by using your garrison hearthstones) and only moving by broadcasting from then on
    2) Most importantly, NEVER hit the turn keys on your keyboard. Only move by broadcasting forward, back, strafe left or strafe right. The incrementally small way in which the windows get off of one another is pretty meaningless in terms of X,Y position, but multiplies to become big differences quickly if you are facing a degree or two off.
    3) At some point you may need to reposition a certain window a bit, but again, never turn.

In my garrison, I use this to go to the mission table, go outside to get my box of free resources, get my War Mill stash, place more War Mill orders (which requires a bit of individual movement because the dwarf chicks wander a bit), go to the Salvage Yard, then head to my profession buildings where I tend to divvy up before I hearth back to the mission table.

I've done this in old dungeons/raids too and if the mobs don't have a knockback or whatever, you can back or strafe your way into them and it works pretty well.
    Seconded. Really only breaks down if your PC lags a bunch or mobs have stun/knockback/disorient/slow. It's pretty manageable, especially if you do the "corner regroup" thing as HPAVC mentioned.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

What would be the best camera angle for this type of movement?
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Camera angle is really up to you. I'd probably pick a 45* long-zoomout view so you could get a bigger picture of what's going on around the characters but since you're not moving with mouselook+hold, the view won't have an effect on forward/backward/strafeleft/straferight movement.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)