Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 39

Those Highmaul bosses just keep on dropping.

20 Man Kargath was a fun one as Fishbeak and I brought in our entire teams to take him down. It is nice to get all the extra loot that comes from twenty player's share. Controlling that many players with only two sets of hands is a nice challenge but he didn't really take that many tries and we got some very nice upgrades.

After Kargath, we headed to Twins and figured we'd start out with an easier composition - I played nine, Fish played one. We downed them on the first attempt. Well, the first attempt on that run - we did mess about with them for a little while one night earlier this week to develop a strategy, so it wasn't like we waltzed up and just slapped them the first time we saw them. Was a very fun run!

10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Very impressive!

Makes me want to box more than 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Very impressive!

Makes me want to box more than 5.

Join us with 5 ... that would be awesome. Add 5 after you are hooked

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Those Highmaul bosses just keep on dropping.

20 Man Kargath was a fun one as Fishbeak and I brought in our entire teams to take him down. It is nice to get all the extra loot that comes from twenty player's share. Controlling that many players with only two sets of hands is a nice challenge but he didn't really take that many tries and we got some very nice upgrades.
    What's with letting all my toons die? Sheesh; no respect!

It was a ton of fun; I can't wait to try 20 man Butcher (oh the yelling) and then Twins. We have until the 2nd ... time to bust a move.

{Hat Off} Very cool Merc and Fishbeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbeak View Post
    Join us with 5 ... that would be awesome. Add 5 after you are hooked
    I play Horde on Chamber of Aspects - EU Resto Druid, x3 BM Hunters and an ele Shaman.

very cool...doubt i will ever be able to do this lol...how do you deal with being split in 2 groups when you get thrown in the stands and still being able to tank/dps/heal fighting Kargath. And how are you able to kite the boss (when he's focussing someone) through the flames while doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbeak View Post
    What's with letting all my toons die? Sheesh; no respect!
    Hey, what do you want? The important toons lived!

BTW, I clicked on your guild link at the bottom of your post and all I see is a huge spam of phat lewtz from Highmaul going to your dudes. Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by omegared View Post
    very cool...doubt i will ever be able to do this lol...how do you deal with being split in 2 groups when you get thrown in the stands and still being able to tank/dps/heal fighting Kargath. And how are you able to kite the boss (when he's focussing someone) through the flames while doing the same.
    Hey, if we can do this, most people can. As to your question, five of my guys come with me into the stands while the other five cower behind pillars and continue to DPS the boss. Fish manages the boss as well as he can before I can jump down and take another impale.

We have found over time that the simplest setups often work the best. For example, I never do any automatic ISBoxer switching of who follows or assists who (FTL is the term I think) because managing that would take a lot of work in ISBoxer for the mechanics of each new fight. I like the flexibility of completely changing around which characters are following and assisting others in less than a minute from inside the game.

As an example, last night I had set up some Action Target groups in ISBoxer to handle 2 manning 15 man Butcher and the four separate groups that you absolutely must manage in that fight. However, Fish and I pretty quickly figured out that scrapping that system and going to a very simple focus based group setup with no in game macros or ISBoxer management of groups was much better, leading to Butcher getting smashed, 15 toon style.
    Last edited by Mercurio : 01-27-2015 at 05:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I play Horde on Chamber of Aspects - EU Resto Druid, x3 BM Hunters and an ele Shaman.
    Correction you USED to play Horde on Chamber of Aspects ... there are some really nice guilds US side willing to recruit