Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 39

Default Multiboxing Highmaul

Last expansion I took a long break and didn't start multiboxing current raids (like SoO) until months after their release. This time I'm a bit more current

I figured it was time to take my team into Highmaul and see what I could get done. Fishbeak was on, so I had him join me on his priest to try to get him some gear and to yell at me when I was screwing stuff up.

After just a handful of tries, Butcher fell down:

If any of you alliance boxers have somewhat decent gear and want to join in the fun, cross-realm raiding makes it pretty easy, so just let me know.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Merc, you make it look too easy. I'm sure it definitely helps having someone else take some load of the healing, but none-the-less it's a multiboxing accomplishment. I didn't listen to the audio, but the sound from my headphones sitting next to me made me think it was a Xylophone or something. >_>
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Sadly, the logs showed that Fishbeak's gear didn't allow him to do more than about 15% of the healing in that fight, but it was definitely nice to have him along - we'll get him geared up soon enough. My priests already cast PW: Shield on cooldown on everyone, so I was handicapping him severely as the 3rd disc priest. Discussing strategy and having him yell at me (which he did during the entire fight) was much more valuable.

As for my videos, I'm obviously a total noob when it comes to video editing or making them look/sound nice. The most I've bothered to do is stick a random YouTube song on most of them. That is my entire level of effort when it comes to "production value".

I think you could teach me a thing or three.
    Last edited by Mercurio : 01-13-2015 at 10:41 AM

Let's face, I am there for my good looks.

This fight is pretty straightforward for a single player but Merc makes playing 9 look easy; positioning is the key. Once I learned all his toons names it was my job to make sure toons were the right distance away and facing the boss.

With our next attempt (yes i am mooching!) I would like to try and have mercs toons follow my priest, this will cut some items from his "ToDO" list and hopefully lighten the load.

I hope more PvE boxers add us as friends and do some attempts, it really is enjoyable.

This is great guys. You're making it look a lot easier than it is I'm sure. We'll have to try this later this week or over the weekend.

If you get any of the other bosses down in Highmaul let us know. Really nice!
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

Hey, Teslah, thanks for the kind words. Blizzard really has made it much easier to group up with friends no matter what server they are on with cross realm raiding, but one thing they still won't let us do is raid cross faction.

Would be fun to invite your blood elves into a raid, but at least for now, Blizzard has put the kibosh on that.

Awesome job
    Last edited by HPAVC : 01-17-2015 at 03:54 PM

Fishbeak and his stunning looks weren't around yesterday, so I went in again and kicked Butcher in the face all alone. It was much quieter without all the yelling

I had to do lots of little positioning movements throughout, but things went quite smoothly until I accidentally moved my tank (yeah, the one with agro ) backwards and totally screwed up the all-important boss to raid positioning....

It's pretty fun to see an enraged Butcher run up to your little hunter and draw back to one shot him after things have gone to crap, then see HIM fall over instead of you.
    Last edited by Mercurio : 01-19-2015 at 01:17 PM

Nice work Mercurio! Doing this solo is a great achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Fishbeak and his stunning looks weren't around yesterday, so I went in again and kicked Butcher in the face all alone. It was much quieter without all the yelling
    Have priest, will travel!