Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: iMac Question

Default iMac Question

Stopped playing 9+ months ago.
    Recently purchased an iMac for other stuff.
    How well will this run WoW and multiple windows?
    Using Parallels.

Specs:
    OSX 10.9.5
    Processor: 3.2 GHZ Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

Thanks,
    Acid
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

The Hardware should be fine.
    Parallels? Why?

Everyone here that has given ANY helpful info seems to believe that Bootcamp with ISboxer is the way to go.
    Even though there is a Macintosh client, PC gamers just refuse to let up.

I was triple boxing fine (with the Mac client) until WoD, when Multi Launch Box stopped working.
    Now I'm just considering giving up on boxing.

My Rig:
    Specs:
    iMac 27” (Mid-2011) with (2) additional 27” Thunderbolt Displays
    Processor: 3.4 GHZ Intel Core i7 (Quad-Core)
    Memory: 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048MB
    OSX 10.9.5

Dave
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-05-2015 at 04:10 AM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburning View Post
    Stopped playing 9+ months ago.
    Recently purchased an iMac for other stuff.
    How well will this run WoW and multiple windows?
    Using Parallels.

Specs:
    OSX 10.9.5
    Processor: 3.2 GHZ Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

Thanks,
    Acid
    I doubt you're going to like the performance that a 755M with only 1GB of VRAM is going to give when trying to run five accounts (you don't actually mention how many you're trying to run).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MacTechDave View Post
    The Hardware should be fine.
    Parallels? Why?

Everyone here that has given ANY helpful info seems to believe that Bootcamp with ISboxer is the way to go.
    Even though there is a Macintosh client, PC gamers just refuse to let up.
    re: Why
    This setup was not intended to be a gaming machine. I run Parallels on my Macbook Pro for work for some applications. To be able to go from Windows and OSX is very nice. I extended my seat for Parallels for this machine, as it made sense to me.

I have my old gaming machine all cleaned and formatted and not being used. I was considering just using the iMac to save space.
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I doubt you're going to like the performance that a 755M with only 1GB of VRAM is going to give when trying to run five accounts (you don't actually mention how many you're trying to run).
    Haven't reactivated yet. Not sure how many I would. Maybe resub all 7 for 1 month and reorganize and consolidate. Still up in the air :]
    Thanks for the feedback.
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

ex Garona - Horde