Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Heroic Grimrail Video - All Heroics Down

Well, ok I had a buddy help me with the last in Everbloom stomp the seedlings. I have a couple ideas and think I should be able to get it done solo when I have some time to try it. Otherwise, all other dungeons down solo.

Just some info. I switched to one button macros when I was having trouble early on. So far they are working very well. Single target dps is about 17K for the mage (20K at the target dummy), 15K or so for the hunter and 13K or so for the lock. The Pally tank surprisingly is at 12K or so. I'll switch back eventually, it just made things much easier so I could focus on movement, dispelling, healing and stuns and forget about hitting the optimal proc.

Grimrail Notes. This is the easiest heroic by far. I put some notes below to hopefully give some useful tips for people who are still leveling. One thing I noticed with Fraps was the click bars created with Clique and Grid do not show up in the video! They're on my screen, pretty odd.

First Boss
    Focus on the big guy and ignore the goblin until he is stunned. Just move out of the way of the rockets and it's pretty easy. Once I stopped worrying about the goblin this fight became trivial. They need to die at the same time and if you hit the big guy when the goblin is jumping around, then focus fire the goblin when stunned they stay pretty much even until dead.

Second Boss
    See positioning in the video. I found this spot after trying the far spot. This spot gives you tons of time to setup before the fight and makes it fairly easy. One tip is to jump in the cannon, use it right away, then jump out as soon as you can. Then one cannon will last the entire fight. If you sit in it the damage adds up and it gets destroyed fairly quickly.

Third Boss
    I copied this strat from someone who did it on normal. Still works in heroic for now. Let's hope it stays that way.

I'll post some other videos of heroics when I have time to process them. Music was selected by the GF for this one. I'll give Heroic Everbloom last boss a good shot this weekend when I get back in town. I think I can get it now.

Team still at 641 for the pally tank, 620 - 625 for DPS which is a Hunter, Mage and Lock and 635 or so for the priest healer. I know it's easier with all the same dps, but I like the mixed teams and the challenge.

Hope this helps some get Heroic Grimrail down. Good luck everyone. Sorry for the jumpy camera, was trying to get the followers in view at all times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nbR...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Teslah : 01-01-2015 at 07:51 PM
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

Thank you very much! My ele team is doing 15k dps and mage 16 or so..my tank is 640s i think.. ill give this a shot soon. I use one button as well..ISboxer does the rest..multi-step and priority mix.

P.S. If you could do Heroic UBRS Video next or soon.. i need to get that one done for the followers! I have made a few attempts and get stomped.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 01-02-2015 at 06:01 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

could you share your macros please?

How are you managing healing on your priest? I didn't see any click healing going on. Do you just macro in the holy healing into your dps rotation?
    Aka Renew each person, use circle of healing / prayer of mending on cooldown, otherwise cast Prayer of Healing?

I have Clique setup with Grid on the priest. See pic below. For some reason when you Fraps videos it doesn't show up in the video. Maybe because it is an overlay and not part of the actual screen you are capturing. Either way it's odd it's not there in the video.

I've been trying to get one good macro for fights, then throw in circle of healing, Holy:word Serenity, 2 Flash Heals and a Prayer of Healing (for the 40% speed and 40% reduced mana cost) or regular Heal spell. Healing is a little tricky for me since random people start taking massive damage. I haven't found a great way to heal everyone with one macro.

I am using click bars though. Again, Clique and Grid just don't show up in the video, even though they are on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    How are you managing healing on your priest? I didn't see any click healing going on. Do you just macro in the holy healing into your dps rotation?
    Aka Renew each person, use circle of healing / prayer of mending on cooldown, otherwise cast Prayer of Healing?
    Last edited by Teslah : 01-03-2015 at 07:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Teslah View Post
    For some reason when you Fraps videos it doesn't show up in the video. Maybe because it is an overlay and not part of the actual screen you are capturing. Either way it's odd it's not there in the video.
    If you're referring to Video FX, then no, it is not part of the game client. You will need to do a desktop capture in order to capture any Video FX Viewers.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Here we go. Sorry, thought I attached it to the original post.

LMAO the images under your image on that host are well epic...

Lol that's sad they put this in there. Just grabbed a free image hosting site. They were not there originally. Scam image posting site lol.

Thanks, Teslah. Saw your post earlier but didn't have a reason to run Heroic Grimrail until today. Your little spot on the second boss turned this from the most difficult heroic into a simple 20 minute run on my latest team.

Thanks for sharing!
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden