Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Hello,
    I am struggling with dual box leveling in WoW. I only have two accounts so I can't boost my teams through dungeons so I have been using the random dungeon finder to level my guys (all dps) but the problem I ran into was that getting kicked for having low dps which I think is due to my gear being upwards of 30 levels below the current level of my characters. I am pretty sure that its not my abilities as I have all the regular rotation abilities mapped on both chars. On the first two teams that I leveled I just took the kick and went on spamming dungeons but I have hit a block with my druids because of the rarity of int leather dropping from lower level dungeons meaning I am getting kicked pretty much every dungeon, sometimes on the first couple of trash pulls. What am I doing wrong? Should I just keep trying? I don't have heirlooms to send to them. Should I maybe pay a friend or guildie to boost me? Any help would be appreciated please :P
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-01-2015 at 05:55 AM Reason: Formatting

I don't really know what you're expecting to hear as an answer, but you level at such a fast pace that you constantly out level your own gear -- It's just the way that it is -- And whether you want to get someone to boost you for money is entirely up to you.

Can you not quest instead?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I don't know if gear is indeed the issue, but as MiRai mentioned, questing is an option. You could do that to catch up, to see to what extent the gear is indeed affecting your performance, or simply to get to character levels where the gear upgrades slow down a little so you won't be as far behind any more as you might be at earlier levels.

If you haven't already, you may also want to grab a damage meter addon such as Recount to get an idea of how your dps output compares to other teams of similar level perhaps?

Something to keep in mind at lower levels especially is that different classes get different (types of) abilities at different levels. Classes that get their AoE early can easily shine in dungeons, while others are still struggling as they're limited to single-target spells and abilities.

Another thing that doesn't always get taken into account is that your performance can also be greatly dependant on how the rest of the group performs (or is able to perform). As an example, a class/spec that heavily makes use of DoTs will show better damage numbers the longer mobs are alive, as only then do those DoTs get a chance to get some ticks in. As another example, in the Cataclysm days when levelling a single rogue, I would almost always top the damage meters when mobs were alive long enough for me to use finishing moves with the combo points I built up. If mobs died very fast simply because the rest of the group was doing a lot of damage, I would hardly ever get a chance to use them and as a result, my own damage output suffered greatly and I'd usually find myself just above the healer instead.

When it comes to multiboxing, mobs that die fast can also affect performance simply because you have to do a lot of target switching, and there is always that delay between the moment you've selected a new target, and the moment your slave(s) are aware of it (Client tells the server, server tells the other clients). It's only a small window, but when mobs aren't alive for very long, those little delays before your slaves can start applying damage to a new target can definitely affect your performance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Can you not quest instead?
    I did quest on my first team for a while but I found it to be much much slower than dungeons and it was awkward doing collect quests etc. I tried to skip out on collect quests as much as possible but eventually I would run out of other quests to do in the hub and have to complete collect quests to unlock more. It was easier to just stand about in a city and queue for a level or two per dungeon than run about between zones and quest hubs.

Multiboxing dungeons with RaF can be a hassle without heirlooms because you out level your gear so quickly, so if you're not filling up the entire party (or at least a majority of it) then you're stuck having to deal with people who tend to be ignorant or prejudiced toward multiboxers.

Then again, for all we know you might actually be a bad multiboxer who isn't pulling their weight, so the kicks may be justified.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Then again, for all we know you might actually be a bad multiboxer who isn't pulling their weight, so the kicks may be justified.
    I am wondering if this might just be the case. This is what I am using for my teams; I focus my main account with my second account then set up macros for each of my abilities to assist focus on the second account so they cast the same abilities at the same time on the same target. I have a follow macro on the second account to follow focus. I also have the mouse set up with a hotkey to send it across from main account for looting etc. What else should I be doing? I feel like I might be missing something...

Also forgot to mention I am using jamba for quests and stuff.
    Last edited by Dinometer : 01-01-2015 at 10:16 AM