Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Blog Entries

Default Working around the ability queue

Dabbling in LOTRO again. I've now quit lotro twice around level 30, both because of the same annoying terrain in one of the quest zones and my lack of survivability in same (originally 1 boxing in 2009 and 3 boxing last year in 2013). This time my idea is that I will actually bring up a full fellowship of 6 to that level, perhaps swapping in and out some classes. Playing on the Brandywine server.

My problem is this: lotro has ability queuing built in (cannot be turned off) and for some abilities, tapping them twice queues and then unqueues them. I'm working with a low level guardian and she has 4 abilities

A: 3s cooldown, small damage, small debuff
    B: 3s cooldown, small damage
    C: react to parry, medium damage
    D: react to block, huge damage

using isboxer I've been doing something like

1: do not advance for 1.6s only trigger 1
    D
    C
    A

2: do not advance for 1.6s only trigger 1
    D
    C
    B

using that, AB&C would fire off pretty reliably, but not D ( and D is 4x the damage of anything else)

0: do not advance for 1.6s
    D
    C

D
    C
    A

D
    C
    B

didn't help, nor did

D
    A

C
    B

Any thoughts from people used to working with hard queue systems? the problem appears to be that A and B reliably are available, and queue themselves accordingly, so they push out attempts to queue D, making it wait long enough that the buff to cast it expires or it gets toggled off (hitting the ability twice when available unqueues it). Just wondering if there is an obvious solution here that I am missing.

I did ok with just a round robin through the action bar, but I doubt it was optimal. 1 Guardian 5 Captains.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm running a deeply mixed team that won't work for me, I think I'll cut the response to parry entirely and try something like:

1: do not advance for 1.8s only trigger 1
    A

2: do not advance for 1.8s only trigger 1
    D
    B