Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Everlasting Vendetta [VENIO]

I figured since the other thread was basically a bunch of random info and not as on topic, I'd make a proper thread just for my corp.

Just got finished removing a bunch of inactives and people who didn't make the cut last time (its REALLY easy to make the cut as long as you're active and talk to me at least once a week).

Everlasting Vendetta. is a small-midsize pvp corp based out of wspace. We currently live in a c4 pulsar, with a c5 and a c3 static, as part of the wspace alliance This Is How We Roll[RGROL].

RECRUITMENT STATUS: Selective/Open
    Latest Media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJL0VIKuLXU

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Everlasting_Vendetta.

What we do:

-PVP
    -Subcaps (Primarily shield focused at present)
    -Capitals (Phoenix > Naglfar >>> Moros, Chimera > Nidhoggur, Archon is ok for armor triage)(You will not be flying revelations or thanatos in my corp except in extremely rare and unlikely circumstances.)
    -Wspace (Good fights, Evictions, and Invasions)
    -Losec (random roams/ganking)
    -Nullsec (random roams/ganking)

Who we're looking for:

-Superior pilots who are willing to fly superior fits as part of a tightly focused fleet.
    -People who are unafraid to push the very limits of Eve's gameplay mechanics flying nearly unique fits.
    -People who are unafraid of fighting outnumbered. If I say we can take a fight, we're taking it. No not believin in yoself.
    -People who are willing to commit to the wormhole lifestyle and be active in our hole. If you want to join the corp and then sit in hisec, you will swiftly find yourself removed.

Who we're NOT looking for:

-Individuals who consider the gathering of shekels more important than PvP. While we understand isk is important for plex and ships, we do not ONLY do PVE. If you only want to bear and PVPing isn't your priority, then you are not welcome in VENIO.
    -Anyone not interested in living primarily out of a wormhole. We live in a wormhole, and everything starts and ends in our wormhole. If you can't live here with us, then you're not very useful to the corp.

FAQ:

Q: I'm not quite a superior pilot yet/am relatively new to the game, can I join?

A: Yes, you can. There's massive amounts of misinformation kicking around eve, and I don't expect everyone to be 100% competent or familiar with the way we do things when they join the corp. We're happy to give you a trial period (typically a few weeks to a month) for you to prove that you are willing to listen and learn from other corp members/myself. You WILL become the superior pilot I know you can be. I don't "do" arbitrary SP or kill limits, they're fucking stupid and don't matter at all. That said, if you aren't a multiboxer, I wouldn't suggest coming into the WH without a solid amount of SP already, but we can work with you.

Q: You live in wormholes, I'm afraid of wspace since I've never been there. Where do I live in wspace?

A: Everyone is required to have and maintain their own POS tower in the hole, or make living arrangements with someone else. I may make a public noob POS in the future, but for now you need your own. You MUST live in wspace as part of this corp - non-optional.

Q: Wspace is scary, I hear its impossible to get anywhere because of gates and you have to probe stuff. Do I have to probe?

A: Yes, everyone needs to be able to probe. That said, we're in an alliance. Due to corp bookmarks, once we have certain areas scanned down, EVERYONE in the corp can freely traverse those areas through corp bookmarks. Everyone chips in a little bit with probing here and there so it's really no effort at all once you transfer bookmarks among the 3 corps in alliance.

Q: You fly expensive ships. How do I fund those?

A: VENIO has an internal SRP, and we're working on getting SRP sorted for the alliance as a whole. There is tons of isk to be made by running c3 or c5 sites either solo or as a group - this is literally one of the very best ways of actively making isk in the game, second only to capital escalations (which are non-scaleable beyond just a few people).

Q: I have 98% killboard efficiency and am souper douper 1337 haxxorz at pvp. I want to join, but no way I'm gonna brawl and endanger any of my ships or my killboard eff.

A: Get out. I don't give two shits about killboard efficiency. I care about you competently flying ships in fleets, and all of us having fun. Myself, VENIO and RGROL by extension, do not care about killboard efficiency beyond jokes or random :smug:. If it's 99%, great. Is it 25%? Still nbd.

If this sounds like what you might be interested in, drop by our public channel ingame "Oatmeal" and have a chat with us. Myself, or others in corp, are typically there. You can also always reach one of my other chars whenever I'm online.

We look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by LordsServant : 12-28-2014 at 06:46 PM

You forgot your public channel:

Oatmeal

You must be crazy!
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    You forgot your public channel:

Oatmeal

You must be crazy!
    Right there at the bottom, second to last paragraph.

But yes, I am crazy.

Well I guess I can't read. Let's pew at each other the next time you get a hole to catch eh?

So, I should probably bump this.

A few days ago, we had this:

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    So it was a night like any other.

I was preparing to run some sites (I had just plexed that day and needed isk), when someone mentioned they had an absolution.

I'm a bit muddy on what happened next, but somehow we lost a falcon to the absolution, and when a deimos went in to kill it, a fleet started landing with "guardians and a bhaalgorn and t3s."

I wasn't sure what this meant, but I did notice that it was Jaded and co. A quick check of a certain :backroom channel: revealed that they were in it as well.

I asked for a scout to see what fleet they had, and got a slightly better "3 guardians, bhaalgorn, proteus, absolution.....something.....something."

I figured this was takable, and told people to start forming up and to prepare for pew. Unfortunately, we had one pilot trapped by their fleet which was camping the hole in between us:

their fleet/c4 <--> c3s <---> our home

I asked in aforementioned :backroom channel: if they would be so kind as to let our trapped guy come formup with us, but unfortunately said guy had already jumped. He ended up getting killed and podded before their FC/contact noticed what I'd asked in the channel.

I told them no biggie, just give us time to get him back in and get formed up.

After a while, and thru some discussion, we managed to get everyone except Rahmiro (who "had to go do something" when I started asking people to form up) formed up in either doctrine or close enough ships.

Total Tally:

Maulus
    Scimitar
    Ishtar
    Osprey Navy Issue (thank god they never shot this, it had almost no tank, but the pilot had nothing else)
    Myrmidon
    Tengu (ECM)
    Loki (webs/arty)
    3x Basilisk
    Bhaalgorn (held in reserve because our wormhole connection was reduced)
    Crucifier

and myself multiboxing:
    1x Vulture
    2x Basilisk
    6x Gilas
    (we had a lot of ventures and inactives back in home, since the fleet was a generic standing fleet, lots of alts bloat the displayed fleet numbers)

Initially, they had wanted us to warp to them since we had a slight numbers advantage, but I preferred not to do this as we would land in a pre-setup bubble with me boxing 2/5 of our logi and 2/3 or so of our dps. I'm pretty good at multiboxing pvp, but having to drop drones, assist drones, AND focus on FCing WHILE repping people sounded like a really bad idea considering how high a proportion of our fleet I represented.

I explained this briefly, and their FC agreed to "change their tactics slightly" and then they'd warp to us.

They warped in initially at 100, with the following fleet comp:

2x Absolution
    1x Bhaalgorn
    1x Dominix
    1x Eos
    3x Guardian
    4x Proteus
    1x Sabre
    1x Tengu (presumed ECM)
    1x Crusader

I immediately started by focusing one of their abso's (assumed links) who rapidly dipped into 50% armor before pulling reps. I follow with an EOS which went down much slower initially, but still dipped to 55% or so before beginning to pull reps.

Even thought it wasn't much of a threat, I figured the cost, high sig, and lower resists on the bhaalgorn would make it a good target, however it was bricktanked to hell and back, barely getting it's paint scratched to 90% armor before pulling reps.

This entire time, they were doing nothing but shooting drones and firewalling. The warriors from my vulture, my hammerheads, my infiltrators, a gecko from the myrm (RIP brave gecko) were all being genocided at a steady rate.

Fortunately, this drone genocide was not happening with anywhere the speed needed to deplete the deep drone bays of the gila (100m3, 2 drones at a time, I got 5 full flights), nor were they instantly destroying the drones themselves due to STRONK GILA MASTERRACE DRONEZ.

Luckily, this also meant that they were dealing absolutely no dps to any of our ships, so the fact that my basilisks were entirely useless for the entire fight (I was so busy dropping and assisting more drones I couldnt do more than glance at my basilisks). Also, a random bomber showed up and was bombing periodically, doing absolutely nothing to the drones but being annoying.

As a side note, I believe our dps was reduced because we had no more than 50% of our dps on a target at one time, since half the drones were burning the 60k or so out to them when they were dropped while the other half were dealing damage/dying.

I swapped target to a tengu, and he rapidly ate shit, followed by a dominix that slid towards hull quite quickly before catching reps. With a few well placed jams, I managed to blap another guardian before their entire fleet warped off.

We lost a maulus.

We posted a GF in local, but in the private chat I had with their FC, he mentioned "it's not over yet."

Since they were so nice as to wait patiently while we formed up, we waited patiently about 30m or so for them to sort their stuff and prepare to fight again. I took this opportunity to restock my gilas which were down to 5-7 drones each.

The second round, they came in directly at 0 on us, and it was brief, but violent. This time, they brought an extra proteus, a nestor, and I believe refit their dominix for more tank and RR.

Rahmiro decided to show back up in somewhere in between here, and brought a nanogila to the fleet.

Unfortunately, due to them being on us directly at 0, we had no issues applying our dps, and we had our bhaalgorn on field with us to counter theirs(shield bhaal > armor bhaal fyi). While a few of their ships were barely able to catch reps, through rapid switching through their guardians, and some lucky jams from our awesome ECMGU (seriously, we need more of these, shield ecmgus have beast range and actual jam strength vs lolarmorecmgus) I was able to shred one of their guardians.

I went to blap their nestor, but right as he hit low armor he jumped through our wormhole.

The rest of their fleet started bailing, but I secured a point on the dominix, and finished him off.

The wormhole went crit as a few of our guys jumped back through to chase down the nestor, and the basilisks and my gilas remained on the other side so we didn't collapse it.

GFs were posted, and right about then my isboxer setup chose to freak the fuck out, with my computer screens flashing black and me losing control entirely of my gilas.

After rebooting isboxer and relogging a char, I managed to fix things, and noticed the chat from their FC was flashing. I checked it and saw he was congratulating us on a gf, I wrote the same. He asked if he could get free passage back home for his ships, and I agreed, except for the nestor. He mentioned that he WAS the nestor. I thought it over briefly, and went to key up and tell people to let it go when someone called a scram on it on comms.

I mentioned as much in the convo, but said that we'd let his pod go. I relayed this over comms, and a few people grumbled, but listened. Rahmiro took this opportunity to spout off about "who am I to tell him what to do" - I responded that I was the FC and he will listen or be next. He intentionally shot the pod, then told me over comms "fuck you, there, he's dead."

I permabanned him from comms shortly thereafter, and he is no longer in the alliance. If you have a problem with fleet or FC, take it up after the fleet, and NEVER disobey the direct orders of the FC.

I apologized profusely to Billy, and sent him literally all of the isk I had left in my wallet (not much, I had plexed earlier) as a sorry. Luckily, he said it was nbd, and that he was glad we had a GF either way. (Mad props, and you're a chill dude Billy).

We ended up having to deal with the crit hole and other stuff later, but that's another story as my time is short IRL.

http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/304/ <--fight
    http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/kill/305/ <--nestor

MAD props to The Natural Order for taking the fight, bringing the fight, and being generally awesome good sports about the whole thing.

-----------

Crosspoasting the above from our internal forums.
    and then today we had another amazing fight with arctic light, which was easily the best we've had as an alliance so far, and easily the best I've had as a multiboxer pvping so far.

I'll crosspoast the BR when I get to it, but this is what my screen looked like at the end:

http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/343/

I'm back to being completely sober, and as you can see from the post above we've gotten rid of people who aren't willing to work as a team. Activity is up, and we want YOU in our corp/alliance for some of the best wspace pvp in the game.

We're here to kick ass and get in these kinds of brawls as often as we can while making some of the best isk in the game to fund it.

The alliance currently is working on SRP, but in VENIO we have our own personal wallet and we DO SRP everything that is properly doctrine fit.

We have extensive IT infrastructure in the form of the BEST wh mapping software (Vippy, which is NOT publicly available) + the integrated ATLAS system(also not publicly available, I think we're 1 of 2 groups that have it), which organizes SRP, fittings, forums, and quite a bit more I can't even list.

Join us in our public chat "Oatmeal" if this interests you.

Our focus is PVP - we don't mind you grinding isk (I do quite a bit myself) but you need to have pvp ships and ALWAYS be willing to put PVP FIRST.

-Lords

It was the morning of 1/19, fresh and clear.

The night before, we had rolled into a c5 with a static c6, which usually would bring us pew, but the residents, Band of Magnus (someone I do plan on getting a fight with later) were unfortunately not around to give us some pew.

I ran some sites, and cleared out several of the high end gas sites so there was plenty of isk to be made for all sorts of folks. With it being a Magnetar (bonus to dps, aka everything did 2x the dps it usually does), site running was very quick and very easy.

The next morning, I woke up, ran some more sites, and noticed that the static had rolled (we were no longer connected to the old c6 of Band of Magnus).

After a few hours, and with someone peeking around system with a $ tag on their ship (we figured they were from the c2) we decided to open up the new c6 static, assuming that the c2 residents might have done so themselves.

Upon opening the static, it became readily apparent that the c2 residents had NOT opened the static, as we were greeted by a flurry of probes within minutes of it opening, along with an ominous collection of red letters on vippy - Arctic Light.

For those that don't know, Arctic Light are one of the older and more established of c6 pvp groups, with a strong emphasis on EU/RU(?). VENIO has previously tangled with them (http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...and-counting)&...) in their off TZ, resulting in a clear win for us.

This time round, it was peak TZ for them, and we had relatively low numbers. Despite this, after a quick bit of discussion to see what we could pull on comms, I decided that we could probably take whatever they could bring due to the supremacy of Gilafleet over armor t3s.

Reaching into the same :backroom channel: I was able to get in touch with Arctic Light, asking them if they were willing to form up for some pew - the response was a simple "yes."

Armed with this knowledge, we formed up the following:

6x Basilisk (2x were me multiboxing, 2x were someone else multiboxing)
    2x Myrmidon
    12x Gila (6x Me multiboxing, 6x someone else multiboxing)
    1x Vulture
    1x Sabre
    1x Tengu
    1x Bhaalgorn

Total: 24 Ships

With the knowledge that they were forming up and coming, I parked my 6x gilas, 2x basilisk on the entrance to our hole in the c5 magnetar between us to hopefully convince them to come to us.

Caltesius, being awesome, volunteered to scout in his Prospect, which unbeknownst to us was actually full of high end gas at the time. :P

As we began forming up, I asked for a constantly updated dscan, which remained ominously empty. It is my assumption based on past experiences that they formed up at a deepsafe, which would make sense given their long history of living in the system.

Suddenly, Caltesius spoke up with "HUGE FLEET LANDING ON THE HOLE," and gave me a dscan.

They had formed the following:

1x Ashimmu
    3x Neuting Armageddon
    1x Eos
    1x Falcon
    4x Guardian
    2x Nestor
    3x Neuting Legion
    3x Loki
    6x Proteus
    1x Sabre
    1x Stabber Fleet Issue

Total: 26 Ships

I only had the tiniest chance to look at the dscan as I told our fleet to begin warping to our static as they were already landing. Unfortunately, I was unable to get my recording software up in time, so this fight was sadly NOT recorded from our side.

Immediately upon engaging in the magnetar, their heavy neut presence was felt - all of our basilisks were rapidly capped out or under HEAVY neut pressure. This, combined with the magnetar's bonus to dps resulted in us rapidly losing a myrmidon (they are lightly tanked anyways compared to the gila), and 2 of our multiboxed basilisks (I was not aware of this until later, this multiboxer is slightly new to multiboxing pvp, but still did an admirable job with his remaining gilas, which would prove incredibly important in the fight later).

I immediately primaried one of their armageddons, rapidly forcing it through the hole. I called for our Bhaalgorn to jump in, and primaried the second armageddon. It would barely catch reps, but at this point they were focusing fire quite heavily onto my Vulture, and with most of our reps neuted out entirely, I made the call to pull back into our home, out of the magnetar's heavy dps bonus and into the warm, comforting embrace of the Pulsar's blue glow. My vulture barely made it out, jumping in barely 33% hull.

Upon jumping through, we had a few seconds of respite to reorganize the fleet and immediately redrop drones. Unfortunately, one of my gilas somehow double jumped (I think) and ended up polarized on the other side of the hole, being largely useless for the rest of the fight as I was unable to jump it back in before it died while still under polarity on the other side.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the hole, the hostiles jumped in most of their fleet, and promptly neuted out most of logi again (dat Pulsar double neut bonus, making their neuts even MORE effective). Fortunately for us, the pulsar both weakened their tanks, and gave our already heavily tanked ships even MORE buffer. While their dps slowly chewed through our heavily tanked ships, I focused our considerable dps onto their neuting ships. Without their nestors on field, they were unable to hold reps, forcing all of their armageddons and legions to jump back through the hole in short order. We managed to blap a guardian and sabre before they pulled back, trading them for another lightly tanked myrmidon, and a neuted out basi.

No further ships appeared to be coming, as the remaining ships were forced to bail under our withering dps. This respite would prove only momentary, as a few seconds later the wormhole lit up in rapid succession - Arctic Light was going balls deep, bringing ALL of their ships into our home in rapid succession. Unfortunately, the mass from us using the wormhole the previous night, and the bhaalgorn, geddons, and various t3s bouncing around earlier caused the wormhole to collapse, resulting in one of their nestors and a geddon not making it into our home.

I initially primaried an armageddon, which with the combined guardian and nestor reps, was somehow able to survive.

A neut legion? Not so lucky. Proteus? Dead again. Unfortunately, we were still under heavy dps and neuting pressure, and they had managed to kill our bhaalgorn due to us being largely unable to apply reps (the neut legion I killed freed up a bit of capacitor so we were able to jump start one basi chain and apply reps near the end, but it would prove to be too little too late.)

I quickly swapped to a hostile guardian, which ate shit and died to ~3 volleys in a handful of seconds.

------

As an aside and explanation here, most of the fighting that goes on in wspace revolves around armor t3s, most of which use either missiles or the long range variant of their guns.

Guardians are, in fact, on paper extremely low on EHP, struggling to break more than 90k on even the most HIGHLY blinged/slaved/bonused ships (several groups intentionally brick up their guardians as much as possible and REQUIRE HG slaves to fly them since they're so fragile). Most of the perceived "tank" on guardians relies on their sig making it difficult to apply dps. This tends to work effectively against your average BS, rail proteus, beam legions, HAMgus, etc etc.

Not so against the Gila. The gila deals almost all of its dps in the form of 2 superbonused MEDIUM drones. These drones deal in excess of 600 dps per gila, and with our fit can apply this dps from 0-->100km+. Medium drones track extremely well, and have plenty of signature resolution on the drones to apply all of their damage pretty much flawlessly against guardians.

With 11 gilas on the field, this mean that their guardians were taking almost 7k dps perfectly applied - to put this in perspective, most dreadnoughts deal in the range of 12k dps. When dread blapping, especially with turret dreads, you rarely apply anywhere near that amount of dps. You usually get a lucky few shots, and pray that you can volley things with your alpha.

We were applying, PERFECTLY, a little over half a dreads worth of dps, instantly swappable. Their guardians (and pretty much all guardians in general) didn't have a chance, especially in their weakened state in our pulsar.

I continued to primary their guardians, taking down all 4 guardians (the 1 we'd killed earlier had reshipped) in the space of a minute. We lost a hurricane fleet issue, due to it not having enough resists (and we were down to 3 basilisks at this point) to hold despite heated reps through the neuting, and I lost another gila due to broadcasting late/neuted reps.

With their guardians down, only their nestor on field for reps, and with neuting being our main issue, I swapped to their geddon and rapidly began taking it down.

Seeing the writing on the wall, the rest of their fleet aligned and bailed. GFs all around in local, and an INCREDIBLE fight from arctic light, easily the best we've had so far as an alliance.

Mad props to them for going balls deep, mad props to everyone in our alliance for giving it their all, despite being outnumbered and going up against one of the bigger wspace groups, and all around good job to everyone involved.

I do not have fraps, but I do have a screenshot of what my vulture looked like at the end of that fight:

I gave them the sigs to get their fleet out, and learned that they do have a recording from their side - perhaps we'll get a video and/or comms from them.

All around GFs, and I hope everyone enjoyed a VERY intense and fun fight.

BRs: http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/346/
    http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/329/

This was all done from memory and killboard reports, as I have no recording of the fight. I believe it to be accurate, but a few minor details might be off if/when we get a recording of the fight. :P

Above BR crosspoasted from our internal forums.

VENIO is still recruiting, feel free to stop by our public channel "Oatmeal" or convo boge/Lord's Servant ingame.

I always like seeing these AARs, keep em' coming!

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    After the shit month of me being banned while CCP investigated and got my stolen character(s) back, VENIO and RGROL return to our gilafleet bread and butter.

http://www.twitch.tv/lords_serv/b/634590741

First fight : 00:00 : (shield in our home):
    http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/639/

Second fight : 13:00 : (they reshipped to armor, we went balls deep into their home - we continued the gilapocalypse):
    http://rgrol.eve-vippy.com/killboard/related/644/

You can hear everyone BUT me on my stream. Still not sure why, this is somewhat annoying.

Zero losses, conclusive wins.

Props to Low-Class to bringing the fight twice. Also, witness the power of even low gila numbers on guardians and vexor navies.

Will write full BR later.
    Crosspoasting that.

VENIO is still recruiting, and we still welcome multiboxers (or former multiboxers).

Feel free to come by "Oatmeal" ingame if you want to join, or just for a friendly chat (or to hear me yell "STREAM GOING UP SHIT GOIN' DOWN").

I do have a (newish) very strict rule - make sure your isboxing is aboveboard. Videofx, and absolutely no other shenanigans. I don't want my members getting banned nor enforcing a negative image of multiboxers.

Mate I gotta talk to you about your formatting and double-spaces....
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".