Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Heroic Grimarail Down

Hey everyone,

Just finished Heroic Grimrail Depot. I'll take a video later with another team. I found a good spot for the second boss. Made it much easier. I'll post details later. Just happy I got it done lol.

Team is at 640 tank, about 617 to 624 for the rest of the team. Still running Pally tank, Mage, Hunter, lock and Priest for heals.

Took me about 10 tries on the second boss until I found the spot that worked for me.

So that's Heroic Iron Docks, Heroic Grimrail, Heroic Auchindounn, plus all bosses except last in Heroic Everbloom and a few first bosses in the other heroics down for me. I'm sure others are further ahead, just sharing.

If anyone has a strategy for the second boss in Heroic UBRS please let me know. Tried it a few days ago and the poison pools added up too quick. The whole room was filled up by the time he was at 30% or so and the 2 adds were dead.
    Last edited by Teslah : 12-28-2014 at 12:50 PM
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslah View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just finished Heroic Grimrail Depot. I'll take a video later with another team. I found a good spot for the second boss. Made it much easier. I'll post details later. Just happy I got it done lol.

Team is at 640 tank, about 617 to 624 for the rest of the team. Still running Pally tank, Mage, Hunter, lock and Priest for heals.

Took me about 10 tries on the second boss until I found the spot that worked for me.

So that's Heroic Iron Docks, Heroic Grimrail, Heroic Auchindounn, plus all bosses except last in Heroic Everbloom and a few first bosses in the other heroics down for me. I'm sure others are further ahead, just sharing.

If anyone has a strategy for the second boss in Heroic UBRS please let me know. Tried it a few days ago and the poison pools added up too quick. The whole room was filled up by the time he was at 30% or so and the 2 adds were dead.
    Good stuff - On the boss in UBRS stack all of your guys and move quickly, to maximize the room. If you are spread out you are covering more surface area in less time. The boss doesn't cleave or anything, so I stack everyone on the tank.

On Grimrail are you using the cubby over to the far right? You can sit there and literally dodge every fire.
    Last edited by Toned : 12-29-2014 at 02:31 AM

I actually found a nice spot where you avoid the poison . Finally nailed this instance. Few more heroics to go. I'm all out focused on getting them done. Once i get all the teams through to finish the Inn quests I'll post some vids.

For Grimrail even better than the far spot. Just want to finish the teams before posting vids. Been years since I did that lol. This is definitely the hardest expansion for heroics yet. At least for me. Harder than Burning Crusade or Wrath by far. It's like they are going all out to try and make them unboxable. /tinfoil hat off
    Last edited by Teslah : 12-29-2014 at 09:35 PM

Unboxable is subjective I guess... only boss that is really hard to box atm is Yalnu in Everbloom the rest are doable.
    I got a lot of gear on one of my hunters today, so I'll prob down it from just over gearing which is kinda sad. Was hoping to stay around ilvl630 to do him on heroic.

As a group (meaning everyone on this site) we'll get them all done. We always do, but none of them are "easy". Meaning you can't sit back with one hand, eat a doughnut with the other while watching TV. Every fight pretty much requires constant moving, re-positioning, moving out of the fire, dispelling and so on. You have to focus for each encounter otherwise you'll die quickly no matter what your iLvl.

One thing I've noticed with this expansion is even at higher gear levels there is no total easy mode for heroics. You still need to be ready to react at all times or pay a tough price for being in the fire a split second too long. It's more about movement than it is a dps race. Work on survival and you can pretty much do them all. Last boss in Everbloom is the extremely difficult one (for now).

When someone is able to do Heroics with 615 or lower gear on each character, mixed teams, one-shot all the bosses with near full health, no deaths and no wipes, in 30 minutes or less for each instance, then I'll believe they're easy. I don't think that's going to happen unless they re-tune the fights.

If they would make them worthwhile to run they would be more fun. Right now there is no incentive other than to just do it. That's enough for once or twice, after that they are pretty useless. They need to give garrison supplies, or crystals or let you build up towards buying a piece of 655 gear or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslah View Post
    As a group (meaning everyone on this site) we'll get them all done. We always do, but none of them are "easy". Meaning you can't sit back with one hand, eat a doughnut with the other while watching TV. Every fight pretty much requires constant moving, re-positioning, moving out of the fire, dispelling and so on. You have to focus for each encounter otherwise you'll die quickly no matter what your iLvl.

One thing I've noticed with this expansion is even at higher gear levels there is no total easy mode for heroics. You still need to be ready to react at all times or pay a tough price for being in the fire a split second too long. It's more about movement than it is a dps race. Work on survival and you can pretty much do them all. Last boss in Everbloom is the extremely difficult one (for now).

When someone is able to do Heroics with 615 or lower gear on each character, mixed teams, one-shot all the bosses with near full health, no deaths and no wipes, in 30 minutes or less for each instance, then I'll believe they're easy. I don't think that's going to happen unless they re-tune the fights.

If they would make them worthwhile to run they would be more fun. Right now there is no incentive other than to just do it. That's enough for once or twice, after that they are pretty useless. They need to give garrison supplies, or crystals or let you build up towards buying a piece of 655 gear or something.

They always get easier with gear Always. even in Mop i was finding them hard (ok not as hard as this lot) but right at the start i don't think you could run them all with dps thats for sure. some fights where just silly but a there was still a few really nasty bosses in mop.

Why they get easier is kill them faster before they even get in half the stuff. But you need to look at hc's in this xpac after LFR.

Normals is like mop hc's and there not that much of a walk in the park. (for all dps same class)

But stuff will get easier with gear. and am 100% sure at the end we be eating a donuts with hand and running silly groups all dps no healers etc.

Still we doing better then cata hc's

And do you really think when there making a fight they go "Guys right if we do i like this no boxer can do lol that show them) To be fair i don't even think they think about us half the time.

Everyone knows most wipes are from players standing in C**P on the floor. Trying to do more dps then looking what there doing to beat dps fights that is why fights have a lot of aoe. and its easy to add to fights.

just my cent
    Last edited by ebony : 12-30-2014 at 10:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing, have the final boss drop garrison resources or some kind of currency token that you can use to purchase gear.

I've got em all now except Yalnu... Grimrail was by no means clean the cannon boss was literally just my paladin left standing and I finished the boss off with gernades ><
    Last edited by Toned : 01-02-2015 at 03:47 AM

So I am getting a late start with my team on heroics. Where exactly is that sweet spot in Grimrail? not exactly sure what strategy I should be using. Should I put my guys in that safe spot and still use the cannon? Or should I just DPS the cannon down? I only tried a few times before getting frustrated and calling it a night.

As for UBRS 2nd boss, When you first walk in the room, there is a rib bone protruding from the ground! I always look for things like this, but anyway, you can stack your guys on the point of that rib and the pools just go on the floor.

I did not find Everbloom to be that hard for some reason. I did Yahni or whatever his name is- wiped the first time trying to go for all the adds. Second try I just focused on him and it went smooth, even got the achieve.

Last bosses in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Auchiduon are giving me trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    So I am getting a late start with my team on heroics. Where exactly is that sweet spot in Grimrail? not exactly sure what strategy I should be using. Should I put my guys in that safe spot and still use the cannon? Or should I just DPS the cannon down? I only tried a few times before getting frustrated and calling it a night.

I would like to know this as well!
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!