Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 38 of 38

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have made Ebony the manager of Jamba on curseforge. From now on, I am unable to make any changes to it.

I am curious to see what the future holds for WoW multi-boxing addons.
    Ebony (& Jafula),

I'd stayed out of this thread until now because I didn't have time to commit to this. However, that has recently changed.

Can you send me a PM and point me at the current buglists etc on curse so I can do some digging and see what I can contribute?

PS: yes, I used to write code for a living. Having hacked on Altoholic in the past, coming up to speed on Jamba should be straight forward.

Jafula you're a legend - haven't multiboxed in over 2 years due to kids etc... but that addon has always been genius. good luck with the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Iru View Post
    Ebony (& Jafula),

I'd stayed out of this thread until now because I didn't have time to commit to this. However, that has recently changed.

Can you send me a PM and point me at the current buglists etc on curse so I can do some digging and see what I can contribute?

PS: yes, I used to write code for a living. Having hacked on Altoholic in the past, coming up to speed on Jamba should be straight forward.

The main topic at the top has a "few" bugs posted the ticket site on curse is a bit of a mass so am going to clear it and start it over.

Ill make a post about the new stuff i got planed somepoint. But for now most of the bugs i know off i can not seem to work out right now are in the quest system
    (Scenario (that is what used in dungons now) Would be nice to get added to the quest watcher as well And the random popup quests need to get added as well) there the main things that need fixing/adding right now.) PM me if you wonnted access to the dev curse site.
    Last edited by ebony : 01-25-2015 at 05:42 PM

Hi,

It will be a great shame to see Jamba go. I consider it to be the ideal complement to Isboxer.
    Just handing it over to someone or opensourcing it I see as possibly being a very poor outcome, having watched so many great addons die over the years.

I would implore you to consider doing the following.

1. Leave the free Jamba as is - people can take it over/open source/whatever for the free version. Users who want a free option can take their chances on it.

2. Go forward with a paid version that either you fully support (and receive the income) or that you hand over to Lavish to continue to support (and receive the income). I would imagine a fee similar to Lavish's of say $50 a year. Multiboxers are by and large pretty serious players and I'd imagine you'd get as much support for the paid version as you have for the free. You may even receive enough income to allow you to focus full time on it. You certainly deserve it for the quality product you've produced and the dedication you've shown over the years.

Please do consider this. I'd place my money on Jamba not being usable within the year if you don't go down the paid version option.
    I've thought you needed to go paid for years - just to give you the focus to be able to iron out the little things here and there.

Kind Regards and all the best for the future whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulb View Post
    2. Go forward with a paid version that either you fully support (and receive the income) or that you hand over to Lavish to continue to support (and receive the income). I would imagine a fee similar to Lavish's of say $50 a year. Multiboxers are by and large pretty serious players and I'd imagine you'd get as much support for the paid version as you have for the free. You may even receive enough income to allow you to focus full time on it. You certainly deserve it for the quality product you've produced and the dedication you've shown over the years.
    Blizzard hasn't allowed add-on authors to charge for their add-ons for almost 6 years now. Here's the updated source from that article:

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
    All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Mulb View Post
    Hi,

It will be a great shame to see Jamba go. I consider it to be the ideal complement to Isboxer.
    Just handing it over to someone or opensourcing it I see as possibly being a very poor outcome, having watched so many great addons die over the years.

I would implore you to consider doing the following.

1. Leave the free Jamba as is - people can take it over/open source/whatever for the free version. Users who want a free option can take their chances on it.

Please do consider this. I'd place my money on Jamba not being usable within the year if you don't go down the paid version option.
    I've thought you needed to go paid for years - just to give you the focus to be able to iron out the little things here and there.

Kind Regards and all the best for the future whatever you decide.

Hi i don't know how long you been here, I been playing wow for 6 years, Am not going anywhere I been boxing for a good 5 years since wotlk sometime am not going to quit just like that, If anyone wonted to make a clone of jamba then they can, but the main jamba as it is now and what i been doing over the last few weeks. For now jamba is very safe in my hands!

AND THERE WILL BE NO paid version! right now am not taking any money only what i get from curse that is not that bad to be fair.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 02-10-2015 at 10:05 AM Reason: dark font

Last edited by JackBurton : 02-10-2015 at 11:50 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Blog Entries

Still against the TOS to charge for addons, regardless.