Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default 3x Hunter DPS - Must Have

Title says it all, but it is pretty true. Unless they buff other ranged dps it just doesn't make sense to box any other class in your ranged dps slots. I dinged my hunters 100 this week and have blown through content with very little difficulty.

I run 3x Marksmanship w/ Lonewolf. Hunters bring literally every buff slot, so you can fill in any gaps that you lose from not bringing other dps.

Pal + 4 Shams Progress: (Tank: 647 | Healer: 636 | DPS: 630-639)
    All lvl 100 Normals
    Heroic: Iron Docks
    Heroic: Auchindoun
    Heroic: Upper Blackrock Spire

Pal + Sham + 3 Hunters Progress: (Tank: 647 | Healer: 636 | DPS: 615-618)
    All lvl 100 Normals (Did last boss in Everbloom first attempt)
    Heroic: Iron Docks
    Heroic: Auchindoun
    Heroic: Upper Blackrock Spire
    Heroic: Skyreach
    Heroic: Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
    Heroic: Bloodmaul Slag Mines
    Heroic: Everbloom (Except last boss, best attempt 35%)

Just need to figure out / get more gear for Everbloom & work on Grimrail Depot heroic, and this group has done em all.

Rets or DKs are next to 100 / May swap the Eles to Enh to see if I can get any further on heroic.
    Last edited by Toned : 12-28-2014 at 04:03 AM

I enjoyed 5x hunters in wotlk although i dont think they were quite so good then.
    Hopefully will get around to trying 5 hunters again but theres a few others i want to try first.
    I like 5xsameclass teams you may have noticed

how would they fare with a similar geared tank and healer? i cant help but think the hunters are being a touch carried.

My shamans have better gear and do less dps, and I have a harder time killing bosses with them. It is like the hunters are carrying the group. If you make a set of hunters and buy the 640 epic guns you'll get what I mean. I was doing over 8-9k dps at lvl 93. I am averaing 14-15k dps on bosses (at ilvl 620).

With Ele I can only move and dps once per fight with spiritwalker's grace. Most of these heroic fights have multiple movement mechanics. Hunters keep dpsing while moving, which I think is really the key to their success.

My highmaul geared shaman barely keeps up with my best geared hunter who has only ever done loot finder Highmaul. I have the heroic ilvl670 haste on use trinket on my shaman and with ascendance I can burst pretty high, but after that burst phase the DPS just falls apart.

I also did level them with a DK / Priest that had similar gear. I just didn't feel like regearing another tank (as tanking is pretty boring in WOD). I also have a ilvl 620 warrior tank that I've tried with this group. The resto sham was swapped in for lust, when using a priest healer I actually healed less as disc can just shield on the move. Was pretty OP.
    Last edited by Toned : 12-28-2014 at 03:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    The resto sham was swapped in for lust, when using a priest healer I actually healed less as disc can just shield on the move. Was pretty OP.

Hunter pets have lust>> http://www.wowhead.com/spell=90355/ancient-hysteria Looks like Nether Rays have it for non bm (core hound for BM )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I run 3x Lonewolf, so I don't have pets.

I run 3x Lonewolf, so I don't have pets.

Ahh ok.. i see you said that. just had no idea what lonewolf was hehe.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

i found that to be true.. i got a group of ele shammy, mm hunter, arcane mage.. from start till now (lv 70), hunter is topping the dps while shammy is always at the last.. and im not killing fast enough.. @70, i could only do hellfire rampants heroic.. the rest.. *disappointed*

now im thinking if i should run 2 other hunter to replace my mage and shammy.. but again, i got mage for the port ability.. and the fact that hunter has pets, it just adds to the dps pool.. but if things run wild and the tank loses threat or dies, then the hunters' gonna wipe unless u get far enough to fake your death and use mass res..

what about Druid.. i just start to realise that druid can choose from 4 talent specs and they have so much gold saving ability.. such as able to run 30% faster.. saves time and they can 'fly' for free -_- damn it..

without raf.. leveling them could be a pain as it is now.. it's painful enough to level my new team from 1 to 70.. compared to raf days where its so fast to level..
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

Hunter pets can tank w/ misdirect glyph & mend pet... There is a video of some one doing 5 x hunters in Auchindoun (lvl 95-97ish instance)

Hunter pets can tank w/ misdirect glyph & mend pet... There is a video of some one doing 5 x hunters in Auchindoun (lvl 95-97ish instance)
    That plus 2-second pet rez means if you have enough pets to keep rez going without completely killing your DPS, you can basically tank anything more or less indefinitely.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    That plus 2-second pet rez means if you have enough pets to keep rez going without completely killing your DPS, you can basically tank anything more or less indefinitely.
    Thats also why 5 warlocks is viable, although i have to use affliction for the insta pet rez as demo lacks any such ability. Demo is no good atm, blizz broked it imo