Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Trouble with a drone recall keymap

I have not made any fancy keymaps for a few years with isboxer. I tried making a multistep keymap but it's not working. I want to recall drones on key press. I have a hotkey bound to F12 set to hold any keystroke actions while hotkey is held. I added a step for keystroke action with the target to each client sending shift + R. I have it set to do not advanced to the next step for at least .01 second with only trigger once checked. Each step has my client characters as target. I am sure it's a matter of settings. What I want it to do is send shift +R to each character so they can recall drones. This way I can press this button 9 times to recall all my miners drones. If anyone knows how I can get this to work please share it with me. I am scratching my head at this point.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

You need to have some option checked "hold down while button/hotkey is pressed" iirc.

I had this same issue when setting up clickbars for shield broadcasting, it's weird as all hell tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    You need to have some option checked "hold down while button/hotkey is pressed" iirc.

I had this same issue when setting up clickbars for shield broadcasting, it's weird as all hell tbh.
    I have that checked but it still does not work. It's very confusing. Sometimes it will send the key combination to a bunch of clients at once and sometimes nothing at all.
    Epicurus

I had someone tell me that Rhea broke in game keybinds with isboxer. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true it would explain why the keymap is not working.
    Epicurus

My drone recall is still working.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    My drone recall is still working.
    Can you post your keymap so I can try it out?
    Epicurus

IIRC, I had trouble with drone recall and found it to be when a client had focus inside certain windows the drone hotkey would not be recognised.

I can't remember what windows were causing the problem (and I can't test as my subs have lapsed for the moment) but try it with a click on open space first (to see if that's the problem).

Digging through, looks like I might be doing things different from you.

The way I configured it is that in-game drone recall is remapped to `.
    Then I have a keystroke with target of Window: Current that simply emits `.
    I have a series of clickbars that simply call this dumb keystroke on the window they are assigned to.

That yields a row of buttons that sits on my dxnothing window that I smash with my mouse to recall drones at the end of a site. So, not quite what you are looking for I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by moog View Post
    IIRC, I had trouble with drone recall and found it to be when a client had focus inside certain windows the drone hotkey would not be recognised.

I can't remember what windows were causing the problem (and I can't test as my subs have lapsed for the moment) but try it with a click on open space first (to see if that's the problem).
    I tried the clicking on open space and it worked. However, I am not sure if it's sending the command to all clients without pressing the key. From what I understand on the new rules the key must be pressed everytime. It may be just sending the command with a delay. It's hard to test out. I don't want to get banned trying to recall drones. I turned the hold on so it may just be sending the command to all clients with a delay.
    Epicurus

To debug the issue, perhaps change the keysend to a normal char (instead of the drone hotkey, CTRL-R IIRC), then put all client focus into a text window and see if you they all get it simultaneously - a VideoFX of the text windows would let you see this easily.