Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default CCP Christmas Gifts

What are your thoughts with the 20 day make an alt gift from CCP?

On a side note I am still reading people think isboxer is banned and it is classified as botting. The lack of knowledge and transparency from CCP on this matter is alarming. Any status on that meeting?

I just fired up 8 alts to get into mining ships. The goal being out-of-corp bait alts =D

It's an interesting gift and I imagine the goal is to boost PLEX consumption. A small portion of people will PLEX to continue training, in theory increasing CCP's income via PLEX.

I've stopped trying to explain ISBoxer to people on Reddit. The majority of the community there seems to just echo the same cliched comments that aren't accurate at all. Fuck it, I'm going to keep doing my thing and having fun *shrug*

lack of news on the "chat" we're supposed to have with CCP is just...well lacking

Shrug* we'll see what we can do with isboxer after Jan 1st

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    lack of news on the "chat" we're supposed to have with CCP is just...well lacking

Shrug* we'll see what we can do with isboxer after Jan 1st
    I'm not sure if I should post logs, but here's an update.

From what it sounds like, CCP is p. busy atm, and it won't happen til post jan 1.

"right probably isnt goingto be till after new year since so many are away" <--literally what I was told.

I'm obviously a touch upset, and have been discussing back and forth about our issues.

Obviously, this puts us at a bit of a disadvantage with the change going live BEFORE we get to sit down and talk. I've asked if we could get the changes pushed back, but that's probably not likely.

I've been told he's working on getting in touch with falcon to try and see if we can get one before the changes, but at this point it doesn't look likely.

Just today, I raised the issues such as the mass ignorance currently being demonstrated on reddit and elsewhere (hurr durr isboxer getting banned, can't wait to report me some isbotters hurrrrr) and how this is a huge issue if not properly dealt with.

He said he'll raise those issues.

That's all I know for right now.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/...team-security/

If you haven't glanced at this you should.

Input broadcasting and multiplexing, which have consequences in the EVE universe, are not allowed and will be policed from January 1st 2015.
    You have all seen the notification on our forums about this from 2014-11-25 and read the resulting feedback and discussions in the 121 pages so far. There is not much more to say about this matter than is already stated in the post and we trust we'll not have any trouble with this after January 1st 2015.
    Very Vague

During discussions about the input multiplexing and broadcasting issue on forums and in tickets, we have noticed a frequent misunderstanding we would like to take this opportunity to address. Any use of macros to interact with the game world is prohibited by EULA now, and has always been. The EULA clearly stipulates:
    What discussions and with who. I don't believe I've read anyone as a multiboxer stating this was ever acceptable in the first place. Obviously they are getting discussions from non multiboxers.

How do I make the text legible?
    Last edited by K'man : 12-19-2014 at 07:40 PM

Anyone else who believes CCP didn't drop this and go on vacation to ignore any and all attempts at contact, raise their hands please.
    *cricket cricket*

As I said, this reminds me too much of GTA V, where the company got "feedback" from those who didn't know what they are talking about. If any CCP Dev or GM wants to prove me wrong, please, go right ahead and send me an email. I'll happily read it all and consider it without prejudice.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

It would be nice if they allowed us to broadcast while in station. I don't see how that would effect anyone else. It makes it easy for accepting fleet invites, setting watch list, trading, undocking, selecting ships, moving windows, and a lot more.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Anyone else who believes CCP didn't drop this and go on vacation to ignore any and all attempts at contact, raise their hands please.
    *cricket cricket*

As I said, this reminds me too much of GTA V, where the company got "feedback" from those who didn't know what they are talking about. If any CCP Dev or GM wants to prove me wrong, please, go right ahead and send me an email. I'll happily read it all and consider it without prejudice.
    Im very unhappy with us not getting to talk with ccp before the changes. They have, however, (so far as my conversations have gone at least) confirmed that they WILL meet with us, and that hasn't changed. I don't think they're intentionally going on vacation just to shaft us multiboxers, but :tinfoil:

the gta v target thing is definitely true of the majority of uninformed ppl sperging, but it is not ccp.

Several folks at ccp personally use/have used isboxer(from what I've read and talked about with folks). I know lax himself has personally stated that he knows with absolute certainty of at least 1 ccp employee who uses isboxer. This is the reason why we're only getting a multiplexing ban, rather than them listening to the uninformed idiots and banning the entire program.

CCP has, at the very minimum, a rudimentary overview of how isboxer works and what I can/can't do.

they are fine with us using it, and they are very aware of how we use videofx to rearrange portions of the screen. This was specifically mentioned in the thread itself(with out using the word videofx). Also, a cfc fc, Lazarus telraven iirc, specifically talked about using isboxer, and how he used videofx to handle various alts while fcing during his public speech at eve Vegas in front of a fuckton of devs.

I don't think ccp made this decision lightly, and the evidence shows that they are well aware of at least the basic functions (videofx, broadcasting, instaswapping) of isboxer and how they affect the game.

i apologize for any spelling or errors; this was posted from atop the porcelain throne on my iPad.

Eh, I'm naturally :tinfoil: these days after shit like CCP refusing to release the details of the number of people who left WH space after the wormhole mass spawn distance mechanic, and the bomber cloak mechanic. I would be willing to remove said tinfoil if CCP provided any supporting evidence or information regarding the ban, instead of appearing to cave to said raging splergelords. Additionally, their unwillingness to correct said splergelords intensifies my :tinfoil: greatly.

I'd rather see them make an attempt to fix whatever gameplay is seen as "broken" by the uninformed masses than to go directly to amputation. It's clear to me at least that they consider ISBoxer as some voodoo magic win button despite evidence to the contrary.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Additionally, their unwillingness to correct said splergelords intensifies my :tinfoil: greatly.
    I definitely agree with this, and it's near the top of my personal "questions to ask CCP" list.

I'd hope they have enough of a pulse on their game to notice the fact that the uninformed masses are sperging about "isoboxer bannable next year." They definitely need to either do a VERY public "isboxer is not a bannable offense, only input duplication" notification to people, or be prepared to wade through likely thousands of petitions of "i saw this guy with 3 characters all named the same HE MUST BE USING ISOBOXOR BAN HIM NAO CCP GO GIT IM!!!!!1111"

Unless they're prepared, this will be an issue, either for CCP, or for us.