Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I definitely agree with this, and it's near the top of my personal "questions to ask CCP" list.
    I'd hope they have enough of a pulse on their game to notice the fact that the uninformed masses are sperging about "isoboxer bannable next year." They definitely need to either do a VERY public "isboxer is not a bannable offense, only input duplication" notification to people, or be prepared to wade through likely thousands of petitions of "i saw this guy with 3 characters all named the same HE MUST BE USING ISOBOXOR BAN HIM NAO CCP GO GIT IM!!!!!1111"
    Unless they're prepared, this will be an issue, either for CCP, or for us.
    Additionally, ask them for their reasoning as to why ISBoxer is the cause of players leaving, and not CODE or the (admittedly reduced) high bar to SOV ownership or any of the other things in EVE.

As for "having a pulse" on the game, I present CODE and the fact that they cause more people to quit than anything else.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    I would be willing to remove said tinfoil if CCP provided any supporting evidence or information regarding the ban
    PR battles are rarely fought with ration and reason, on either side.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    PR battles are rarely fought with ration and reason, on either side.
    Except the fact that they don't display reason or rational thought merely highlights the idea that they're caving to the vocal lunatic fringe and not making their decisions based on hard facts and evidence.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Except the fact that they don't display reason or rational thought merely highlights the idea that they're caving to the vocal lunatic fringe and not making their decisions based on hard facts and evidence.
    "Vocal lunatic fringe" entirely depends on your perspective. I wouldn't put too much weight on "hard facts and evidence" as I'm sure CCP has their own, internal definition of what that means in terms of the profit of their game.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    "Vocal lunatic fringe" entirely depends on your perspective. I wouldn't put too much weight on "hard facts and evidence" as I'm sure CCP has their own, internal definition of what that means in terms of the profit of their game.
    Hmm, should have said "vocal minority lunatic fringe".
    I've seen more players quit because of CODE's shenanigans than I have over a multiboxer. Admittedly, I don't have much respect for CCP anymore after Fozzie dicked wormholes, promised to release graphs after a month or so, didn't release said graphs, and then attempted to cover his ass with Thera.

If AT LEAST 1 multiboxer (using isboxer) is not banned after Jan 1st when he truly (after he has made peace with his dear and fluffy lord that he did truly) was not using input duplication (or any other ban able offence)

Then gents and gals, I am fucking Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    If AT LEAST 1 multiboxer (using isboxer) is not banned after Jan 1st when he truly (after he has made peace with his dear and fluffy lord that he did truly) was not using input duplication (or any other ban able offence)

Then gents and gals, I am fucking Miley Cyrus
    I renewed my accounts for 1 more month, so they'll lapse in late January. I spent a few hours tweaking my dxnothing window to be broadcasting compliant, so we'll see how it goes for the first ~2 weeks. Given how I'm now abusing the fuck out of drone assist and the fleet commands(regroup/warp) I'm confident I'll be okay. However, drone assist and regroup/squad warp are guaranteed to get a nerf soon